Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading a lot on Trip Advisor that guests of AOA in April said that the Mermaid rooms had a breakfast to go and beverage station in the courtyard. Hopefully this trend continues. Will be quick and convenient instead of having to deal with the crowds at Landscapes in the mornings.

We stayed there in December and they did this at least two days out of our 6 day stay. It was coffee and muffins, if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Anyone know if AOA/Disney has free local calls in the rooms? I want to call home using a calling card, but need to dial a local access number first.

We were there April 6th-13th and even though they had a sign out, I never saw any indication of breakfast or beverage station by the LM pool or anywhere in the courtyard. :confused3

We were there April 15th to 18th and it was right outside the LM pool. It was AWESOME. They actually had REAL coffee. Sorry for shouting, but it was so great. I actually counted the steps from our room, 70, and couldn't have been happier. I had no line 2 days and about a 6 person line one day. Both times out at about 8:30.:yay:

Reading a lot on Trip Advisor that guests of AOA in April said that the Mermaid rooms had a breakfast to go and beverage station in the courtyard. Hopefully this trend continues. Will be quick and convenient instead of having to deal with the crowds at Landscapes in the mornings.

This was there last week during our stay. You could fill refillable mugs and get muffins and other light breakfast items. Seems to me they should do this in the afternoon as well, but we only saw it in the morning every morning.

Has anyone been there recently that can confirm the snack and coffee stand?

We are booked at AoA and I was waffling between a value and mod depending on discount (specifically FD) but have decided even if it is a 100 or so more I would rather be at AoA. Between the bigger bed, two bathrooms and not having to take a bus to get to a pool, it wins out over the cabins. Sorry DH - no hot tub for you lol.

Confirmed. Breakfast only.

I'm here now- yes there is a coffee stand next to the pool. It is open from 7-10 or 11 they also have some baked goods as well;)

Go to know about the cart by the LM pool!!! So the earliest it opens is 7a? And you can you your refillable mug to get coffee correct?

I just gotta say, I'm loving this breakfast and coffee cart talk about LM. Now...free dining offered in early oct + LM not excluded = HAPPY DISNEY PLANNER!! Unlikely, but I can always hope :)

I am a bit confused. The description of the AoA suites says there is a queen size bed in the bedroom but the Disboards audio review seems to imply its a full. we are planning a trip for my family of four adults (My wife & I, 21 year old daughter and 19 year old son) AoA seems to be the only viable option. Places line POR (my fave) wont work as son and daughter cant very well share a bed. How long is the fold out couch in AoA?

I don't know exactly how long but my then 18 year old (5'10) fit fine on the sofa bed.

I don't know exactly how long but my then 18 year old (5'10) fit fine on the sofa bed.

Thanks! My 6'3" son has already agreed to the sofa. I am going to bring a nice air mattress with us that he can either throw on top of the sofa or use on the floor if he doesn't like the mattress. AoA seems the only reasonable option for us. My wife normally says NO to value resorts but my daughter stayed at AoA this past spring and loved it so the wife agreed. We will be trying to make our CM Friends and Family res. tomorrow. Our CM friend seems to think she can still get a dining discount for us so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thinking abought changing room from all stars movies to art of animation dd will love it but concerned ds 13 will hate it any one else's boys stay in that hotel ?

Thinking abought changing room from all stars movies to art of animation dd will love it but concerned ds 13 will hate it any one else's boys stay in that hotel ?

Assuming you mean the Little Mermaid rooms? they were over the top princessy for my DS8 last year. The Nemo and LK rooms are very neutral as far as gender specificity. Cars - depends on your kids - my girls and boy would like it just fine but some folks might say it leans more towards being 'boy friendly'

I really wish they had interspersed some standard rooms in the Cars, Nemo and AK sections for those with boys not interested in the suites. And likewise, I'm sure some folks are probably wishing they could get a LM suite. :sad2:

I really wish they had interspersed some standard rooms in the Cars, Nemo and AK sections for those with boys not interested in the suites. And likewise, I'm sure some folks are probably wishing they could get a LM suite. :sad2:

I agree. My wife and I are staying at AoA the first night of our trip for affordability reasons and because it's brand new (relatively speaking). After seeing the pictures of the LM rooms I'm a little... amused :-) Thankfully, I'm very secure in my masculinity.

I was obsessed with The Lion King as a kid and would have loved to stay in one of those rooms, but we'll likely not have a reason any time soon to get a family suite.

I've booked our trip for Sept 2013 at AOA Lion King Suite. I would like to know which building is better 6 or 10? Is noise an issue here?
Also I've read about the A/C not cooling the room that well. Has anyone heard about this?

Sweet! Successfully booked an AoA Suite for November 2-11 at the CM Friends & Family Discount of 40% off. Contrary to rumors Disney is still doing Dining Discounts on the Friends and Family plans but they release them periodically. Right now they are available thru end of May. I was told to check back August/September for my my November dates. Better still, by going this route I am able to get a Dining Plan without purchasing park tickets so I can grab tickets from Shades of Green. 191 days and counting!

Our trip last week overlapped with my sister...they have young kids and stayed in a preferred Nemo suite. It was so cute.. My daughter and I stayed in LM Ursula, first floor room with a lake view, but it was only 70 steps from the breakfast cart by the pool! I did not mind the walk at to Landscape of Flavors or the bus. It was a bit of a walk, however, it was much shorter than the walks I have experienced at PORS. I must say, I thought the Lion King area was BEAUTIFUL! (sorry for shouting) The landscaping was mature and calming. The entire resort was just great. It was not a pain at all to bus your utensils. The resort was busy, but we must have just hit it right...never had a line in the food court, and anytime we were waiting for a bus, one came right along. Hope the customer service remains great here...enthusiasm from all cast members was over the top. No grim faces, only smiles...smiles...smiles. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I agree. My wife and I are staying at AoA the first night of our trip for affordability reasons and because it's brand new (relatively speaking). After seeing the pictures of the LM rooms I'm a little... amused :-) Thankfully, I'm very secure in my masculinity.

I was obsessed with The Lion King as a kid and would have loved to stay in one of those rooms, but we'll likely not have a reason any time soon to get a family suite.

I agree...Finding Nemo or the Lion King would be my favourite but booking a family suite for yourself would have been a waste to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter