Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I am currently booked in a little mermaid room for easter week. I am considering upgrading to a suite to get a little extra space and better location. I have read on mouse savers that this time of year they usually offer a 30% discount on deluxe resorts, what type of discount do they normally offer on the suites if any during easter week?

Also, looking for some feedback on buses. How long does it typically take to get to say Magic Kingdom from AOA?

thanks!!
Gregg

I am currently booked in a little mermaid room for easter week. I am considering upgrading to a suite to get a little extra space and better location. I have read on mouse savers that this time of year they usually offer a 30% discount on deluxe resorts, what type of discount do they normally offer on the suites if any during easter week?

Also, looking for some feedback on buses. How long does it typically take to get to say Magic Kingdom from AOA?

thanks!!
Gregg

The values usually get 10-15%.

The ride to MK is about 17-19 minutes.

We have a 7:30 AM reservation at Kona at the Polynesian. About how long (or how big of a mess) will it be to get there on time? How early should we plan on leaving AOA?

Thanks! Staying there in 88 days and getting very excited :mickeyjum

We have a 7:30 AM reservation at Kona at the Polynesian. About how long (or how big of a mess) will it be to get there on time? How early should we plan on leaving AOA?

Thanks! Staying there in 88 days and getting very excited :mickeyjum

My recommendation would be to take a taxi. It will take about 15-17 minutes to get there and will cost about $13-$15.

If we have an early ADR at a park we will use the buses. But when we have an early ADR at another resort, we take a taxi because otherwise it takes 2 modes of WDW transportation. And that just ups the odds of something going wrong.

My apologies if this has already been asked & answered.... I just booked a LK suite for our stay in November. Then I did some more reading& noticed that the Nemo suites are more "centrally located". My mom & FIL have both had knee replacements so don't like to walk any more than necessary. Is there enough of a difference between the LK & Nemo locations in reference to food court, buses, etc that I should go back & change our reservation to Nemo instead? TIA for any advice!

My apologies if this has already been asked & answered.... I just booked a LK suite for our stay in November. Then I did some more reading& noticed that the Nemo suites are more "centrally located". My mom & FIL have both had knee replacements so don't like to walk any more than necessary. Is there enough of a difference between the LK & Nemo locations in reference to food court, buses, etc that I should go back & change our reservation to Nemo instead? TIA for any advice!

We've stayed in a Lion King suite twice now and have always requested "close to transportation" (my husband has an artificial hip and sitting on the bus after a long day of walking at the park usually causes a lot of discomfort when it's time to walk back to the room) and ended up at the end of the building closest to Animation Hall. While there are some rooms in the Nemo buildings that are closer than the LK rooms, we were definitely close to the food and bus stops. Both of our stays had us about 100 yards from the back door of Landscape of Flavors. Personally, I think you'll have a better shot of requesting and getting a room "close to transportation" if you stay in a LK suite as the Nemo suites are usually sold out so there's less flexibility with room assignments. One thing to keep in mind regardless of which section you stay in is that if you need to use the elevators, those are located in the center of the buildings so even if you have a room that's at the end of the wing closest to the main building, you'll have to walk to the center of the building to get to the elevator.

And after all that being said, AoA is a fairly compact resort (minus the Little Mermaid rooms). Your walk from a Nemo suite to the back door of LOF will be somewhere between 50 and 250 yards. In a Lion King suite it will range from 100-225.

Hi all! I just got back from a trip where we stayed at AoA (Little Mermaid) and loved every second and detail about the resort. I am here to ask if anyone can help me out with some of the songs heard in the lobby (and bus and food court and gift shop all day long). I know most of them are from Disney Mania, but does anyone know who sings the version of Beyond the Sea that they play, and also Kiss the Girl (besides the Ashley Tisdale version, I believe there's a male version too). Thanks so much to anyone who has any info! We'd like to purchase these songs to make a slideshow with out pictures!

...I am here to ask if anyone can help me out with some of the songs heard in the lobby (and bus and food court and gift shop all day long). I know most of them are from Disney Mania, but does anyone know who sings the version of Beyond the Sea that they play, and also Kiss the Girl (besides the Ashley Tisdale version, I believe there's a male version too). Thanks so much to anyone who has any info! We'd like to purchase these songs to make a slideshow with out pictures!

"Beyond the Sea" has got to be the one from the credits of Finding Nemo, sung by Robbie Williams. The song is available on the Finding Nemo soundtrack.

Do ground floor suites usually have more hallway noise than other floors? Trying to decide whether I should choose "ground floor" or a view with my online checkin (along with "close to transportation").

Do ground floor suites usually have more hallway noise than other floors? Trying to decide whether I should choose "ground floor" or a view with my online checkin (along with "close to transportation").

I can't speak from experience because both times we've been at AoA we were on the 4th floor and had no real hallway noise to speak of. Most of the time we didn't even see anyone else in our wing of the building. However, I would believe that the first floor will have some hallway noise as anyone wanting to use the elevator is likely to walk down one of the wings of the first floor to get there. While the main entrance of each building is right at the elevators, that entrance is not the one that most people will use -- they'll enter the building at one of the stairway entrances and walk through the air-conditioned building to get to the elevators. I always make sure our kids are silent while we walk through those hallways (especially when returning at night) but I know not everyone does. I haven't specifically heard anyone complaining about the noise on the ground floor and I don't think it would bother our family since we tend to stay up late and get up early anyway. Now, if we had a light sleeper who would be using the table bed (that one is right by the door) and we wanted to get to sleep by 9:00, I probably wouldn't request ground floor.

I can't speak from experience because both times we've been at AoA we were on the 4th floor and had no real hallway noise to speak of. Most of the time we didn't even see anyone else in our wing of the building. However, I would believe that the first floor will have some hallway noise as anyone wanting to use the elevator is likely to walk down one of the wings of the first floor to get there. While the main entrance of each building is right at the elevators, that entrance is not the one that most people will use -- they'll enter the building at one of the stairway entrances and walk through the air-conditioned building to get to the elevators. I always make sure our kids are silent while we walk through those hallways (especially when returning at night) but I know not everyone does. I haven't specifically heard anyone complaining about the noise on the ground floor and I don't think it would bother our family since we tend to stay up late and get up early anyway. Now, if we had a light sleeper who would be using the table bed (that one is right by the door) and we wanted to get to sleep by 9:00, I probably wouldn't request ground floor.

Thank you! We will have a double stroller at all times, so I'm trying to decide if I should request ground floor so I don't have to use the elevators, or deal with the elevator to avoid the hallway noise. Hmmm.

Thank you! We will have a double stroller at all times, so I'm trying to decide if I should request ground floor so I don't have to use the elevators, or deal with the elevator to avoid the hallway noise. Hmmm.

That's a tough call (for me). I think certain 1st floor wings will be somewhat quieter than others. For instance, in the LK section, I'm thinking the wings that "point" towards the parking lot or towards the Animation Hall/Nemo would have more foot traffic than the wing of building 6 that points towards the lake. And there would be similar situations in both the Nemo and Cars sections. If it was me, (and I know it's not! :-) ), if I knew I was going to be in the LK or Nemo sections, I would probably choose 1st floor as my only choice. I wouldn't choose "close to transportation" in those sections because really, none of the rooms is a super long walk and I'd want to increase my chances for being away from the high traffic areas of the building. If I was in the Cars section, I would probably request "close to transportation" and take my chances with the floor. I just would not want to be in the far wings of building 2 in the Cars section so I would do what I could to avoid that. :-) Again, JMO...YMMV.

That's a tough call (for me). I think certain 1st floor wings will be somewhat quieter than others. For instance, in the LK section, I'm thinking the wings that "point" towards the parking lot or towards the Animation Hall/Nemo would have more foot traffic than the wing of building 6 that points towards the lake. And there would be similar situations in both the Nemo and Cars sections. If it was me, (and I know it's not! :-) ), if I knew I was going to be in the LK or Nemo sections, I would probably choose 1st floor as my only choice. I wouldn't choose "close to transportation" in those sections because really, none of the rooms is a super long walk and I'd want to increase my chances for being away from the high traffic areas of the building. If I was in the Cars section, I would probably request "close to transportation" and take my chances with the floor. I just would not want to be in the far wings of building 2 in the Cars section so I would do what I could to avoid that. :-) Again, JMO...YMMV.

Exactly my thoughts. We are in a Cars suite, so I'm definitely requesting "close to transportation" to avoid building 2. Maybe I'll make my second request a "view" instead of a floor.

Anybody stay recently? We arrive in about 3 weeks and was wondering if they sell cases of water in the gift shop or if I should have some delivered? Thanks!

Anybody stay recently? We arrive in about 3 weeks and was wondering if they sell cases of water in the gift shop or if I should have some delivered? Thanks!

When we were there in June they were selling a 24-pack of 12-oz bottles for $16.00 in the Grab-n-Go area of the food court. I've heard that Pop Century sells a case of 24 bottles for $6.xx. I don't know if that's accurate as I didn't look for water when ate a Pop one day. I saw someone else report from another resort that $6.xx cases are actually smaller bottles (8 oz?).

Sorry if this has been asked - but can kids participate in the artist drawing lessons at AoA if you're just visiting the resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter