Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone have experience with staying in the Little mermaid wing with a 6 year old? Wondering if the walk is too far for them after a day at the parks.

And to add...we just got back from our first Disney trip. What an amazing time! We were sooo impressed by AoA. The rooms are adorable (Cars suite for us), and spacious. Great detail all around. I really loved having two full washrooms...very time efficient. And there were 2 beds although both our kids wanted the table bed so they used that one. Also, I will comment that the room was spotless....so clean and everything perfect. We just loved it and I only have good things to say.
Staying at cars suite in Feb 2015....with HUBBy and our. 3 boys!!

Does anyone have experience with staying in the Little mermaid wing with a 6 year old? Wondering if the walk is too far for them after a day at the parks.

We are staying at AoA in a LM room next spring. We will have a 6 and 1 year old. We are renting a double stroller from off site to combat the cranky afternoon meltdowns. We figure if she doesn't want to sit than fine, but if she does then we will have a place for her... It is totally worth the piece of mind.

They will love it! My DS is past Cars (totally obsessed years ago...and now is quite 'anti-Cars'), but he really enjoyed it. Even DD enjoyed.

My kids are older 9,12&16 but I gave them a choice between lion king and cars and they all said cars!

I've read about 1/2 of the pages on this forum, but I can't find the answer to some of my questions so I'm just going to go ahead and ask. Sorry if they've been asked already and I missed it.

1) Does AoA have bed rails for toddlers? I'm staying with DS3 and he will be in his own bed. I don't want him to fall out of bed and was hoping that they might have something like that for us to use.

2) Is there somewhere that I can mail a box back home? I'm going to be getting some gifts and I'm not sure that everything I plan on buying will easily fit into a suitcase. Am I better off checking an extra bag and just bringing it home with me?

We are staying in a Cars suite later this month. A quiet room is very important to us. On the online check-in, I made my two requests as "highest floor" and "lake view." Does that seem reasonable for trying to get a quiet room or should I request something different?

We are staying in a Cars suite later this month. A quiet room is very important to us. On the online check-in, I made my two requests as "highest floor" and "lake view." Does that seem reasonable for trying to get a quiet room or should I request something different?

That is exactly what I requested as well and ended up 2nd floor (4 is highest) and parking lot view. But if I looked far left out of my window I could catch a glimpse of lake.

My only complaint was it was SO LOUD. There was a very large (15-20) family staying in the same wing with us as they didn't seem to care that it was 11pm and would run up and down the halls screaming, yelling, pounding on doors, stomping feet, etc. It was terrible, as our 1 yr old would be asleep by 8pm most nights. The walls were paper thin, as even "quiet" families who were talking as they walked by, you could hear their conversations clear as a bell.

I did ask when we first checked in to make sure we did not have a poolside room. But that didn't seem to make a difference with noise. Not sure where is best for least amount of noise or if it's just a matter of how packed they are and who is in your wing. Maybe ask to be put in a wing with few families?

I've read about 1/2 of the pages on this forum, but I can't find the answer to some of my questions so I'm just going to go ahead and ask. Sorry if they've been asked already and I missed it.

1) Does AoA have bed rails for toddlers? I'm staying with DS3 and he will be in his own bed. I don't want him to fall out of bed and was hoping that they might have something like that for us to use.

2) Is there somewhere that I can mail a box back home? I'm going to be getting some gifts and I'm not sure that everything I plan on buying will easily fit into a suitcase. Am I better off checking an extra bag and just bringing it home with me?

1) Yes. We put DD4 in the queen bed with rails and DS22 month twins in pack n plays in the same room. We requested them ahead of time but had to call mousekeeping to have them brought to the room.

2) I believe yes, but not 100% sure

Enjoy your stay, its been about 7 weeks since we returned and we are dying to return. I think about WDW and going back way, way too much!

Reading above about noise, I became concerned because we won't be arriving at the resort until around 7pm the day we check in. I'm concerned all the better room locations will be taken by that time :worried: I basically just don't want a room in a very noisy location because our two year old sleeps a lot. Possibly it was a poor choice to request a Nemo room, since those surround the large pool? :confused3 Would a different location be quieter?

Reading above about noise, I became concerned because we won't be arriving at the resort until around 7pm the day we check in. I'm concerned all the better room locations will be taken by that time :worried: I basically just don't want a room in a very noisy location because our two year old sleeps a lot. Possibly it was a poor choice to request a Nemo room, since those surround the large pool? :confused3 Would a different location be quieter?

Only about 1/3 of the Nemo rooms actually face the pool, splash area, and playground (and only about 1/3 of *those* rooms are actually facing the pool -- the rest are at the play areas). I think as long as you specifically request "not pool view" you'll be fine. There's always that wild card of who your neighbors are and how much noise they make. We prefer to always request the top floor so we don't have noise above us. We were really lucky on our trip last June. We ended up in Lion King Bldg. 10, 4th floor, facing the parking lot at the end of the wing closest to Animation Hall. I think there was one other suite occupied on that floor. And there were cast members using the room next to us during the day -- not sure what they were doing, it seemed like it might have been a "break" room or something. There were CMs coming and going all day always wearing back packs. They weren't loud, but if we were in the room, we could hear the door slam every time someone went in or out of the room. It wasn't an issue because it wasn't happening in the evening or during the night.

1) Yes. We put DD4 in the queen bed with rails and DS22 month twins in pack n plays in the same room. We requested them ahead of time but had to call mousekeeping to have them brought to the room.

2) I believe yes, but not 100% sure

Enjoy your stay, its been about 7 weeks since we returned and we are dying to return. I think about WDW and going back way, way too much!

Thanks! :thumbsup2 Hopefully you'll get to go back sooner than later! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter