• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We're booked for 5/28-6/6/16!! So excited!! Now we have a year to do some heavy duty planning! Our last trip (my and kids first) was booked 2-3 months before. Glad to have a little longer, plus already knowing a good big about the parks but still there have been so many changes!

Is there any limit on packages delivered to AoA? Last time we loaded up our car with snacks, breakfast items, etc for the whole trip and now we have one more person + that much more stuff, so I'm wondering if we shouldn't just ordered cases of snacks from Amazon Prime! I'd guess we'd need somewhere in the 10-15 range of packages delivered.

We also didn't get our room request- LM building 7 ground floor parking lot view (we had a double stroller).. ended up in LM building 8 second floor landscape view... it worked for us, but that extra minute of walking at night made my 6 year old angry, lol. She did love being in the Ariel building though.

As we walked around the property we decided if we ever come in a hot-ish month or a hot month again we will NOT stay in the Cars area, it was soo hot. Which makes since since Radiator Springs is in the desert, but there was no shade, hardly any foliage, and just walking through there was miserably hot compared to the other sections. We do LOVE the room theming for Cars though, so any other time of year that would be our first choice.

Could someone who is there now (or in the next week or two) check if they are still selling the cases of water either in the Ink & Paint shop or Landscape of Flavors. They're on a shelf -- not refrigerated. TIA!

We are here right now and they had cases of Dasani water in the fridge near the desserts under the milk. I didn't catch how much they were as I was hunting for the milk price, but they are definitely there, just in the refrigerated section!

We also didn't get our room request- LM building 7 ground floor parking lot view (we had a double stroller).. ended up in LM building 8 second floor landscape view... it worked for us, but that extra minute of walking at night made my 6 year old angry, lol. She did love being in the Ariel building though.

As we walked around the property we decided if we ever come in a hot-ish month or a hot month again we will NOT stay in the Cars area, it was soo hot. Which makes since since Radiator Springs is in the desert, but there was no shade, hardly any foliage, and just walking through there was miserably hot compared to the other sections. We do LOVE the room theming for Cars though, so any other time of year that would be our first choice.

We are in the Cars section and haven't noticed it being hotter than anywhere else, but our room is also convenient to the entrance at the end of the building so we haven't walked through the Cars section too often. We requested building 1, ground floor, landscape view and are in building 3, landscape view and ground floor. 2/3 isn't too bad, although I was a bit disappointed for my son not to be in the Mater building, but he's content to sleep in his Mater bed! ;)

We are here right now and they had cases of Dasani water in the fridge near the desserts under the milk. I didn't catch how much they were as I was hunting for the milk price, but they are definitely there, just in the refrigerated section!

Thank you!

Another question for you fine folk... we are taking it easy on our first day at AoA and one of the things my boys have mentioned wanting to do is ride the monorail loop. Using Disney transport what is the easiest way to do this? Take the bus to MK and get on it there? Thanks! =)

Another question for you fine folk... we are taking it easy on our first day at AoA and one of the things my boys have mentioned wanting to do is ride the monorail loop. Using Disney transport what is the easiest way to do this? Take the bus to MK and get on it there? Thanks! =)
I suggest getting to the bus stop at the hotel and taking the Epcot OR MK bus - whichever comes first! The EP and MK monorail loops are both fun! :)

Thanks Bluezy! So glad to see there is a small freezer. I had heard the fridge didn't have a freezer so I am glad to see there is one.

One more question, has anyone used grocery delivery before? I am super frugal and hate to pay extra for anything but I could be tempted to use grocery delivery for this trip if it's available.

We stayed in AoA in the fall of 2013 and only had Disney transportation. Before our trip, we did some research about cost of grocery delivery vs. finding transportation to a local store. We went with a grocery delivery service. I could search to find the service we used - though after a couple years, you can probably find more current reviews online. Our experience was great, and we saved a lot of money.

Our groceries were waiting for us in our room the evening of our check in, and cold items were put away in the fridge. A week prior, we gave them a list of food with preferences, and they filled as closely as possible from what was available.

Included in our order was four cases of bottled water. This was much better than purchasing water on site. Past experience taught us that all tap water on Disney property tastes a little "swampy." However, I think they've improved it. Water at AoA actually tasted well filtered and was perfectly drinkable.

Does anybody know if landscape of flavors is participating in the new dining plan rules? Particularly if you can split a credit into three snacks?

I just wanted to post about our recent stay 5/26-6/2, party of 6, me, DH, "kids" 20, 19, 16 and 10. First, I have to say the resort is immaculate! Mousekeeping was excellent!! We stayed in the Cars section and just saw someone say it's hot? Well, we were cold in the room at night and requested extra blankets and received them in 20ish minutes. The girls (19 and 16) slept on the table/bed and said it was comfortable. The 10 year old slept on the couch/bed. We brought an inflatable mattress and DS20 slept on that. We drove and spent 3 nights at US first and he was wanting some space from his little brother by then, lol. The only negative was the wifi and cell phone reception was terrible! I had no connection to either at all in the room. We have AT&T. We had a death in the family while we were there and it was a pain to have to leave the room and try to find a connection to talk to my family back home. The day dh and I attended the funeral, we left the kids in the room with the "privacy please" on the door, so no mousekeeping that day, but they delivered towels without us asking. They put it in a bag and attached it to the door, which was great!
This was our 10th trip and the first time we had a little extra pixie dust! We were there during DH's birthday and after we checked in, we went to dinner and when we came back there was a bag full of gifts for DH! There was a picture frame, signed picture from the characters, 4 Star Wars cookies, a bag of pretzels and cheese popcorn as well as 2 packages of Star Wars jibbitz with balloons of course! Very cool! We'd definitely stay here again!

Is anyone there now. Is the splash area of the pool open? Touring Plans is saying it will be closed in June

Does anybody know if landscape of flavors is participating in the new dining plan rules? Particularly if you can split a credit into three snacks?

When we were there before the new guidelines took affect there was a career that advised a man he could use his meal credits on "one pastry, one piece of fruit, and one drink OR trade a meal for a snack credit at a 1:1 ratio. So he technically got 3 snacks for 1 qs meal but it was the components of a meal if that makes sense. I'm assuming if they were already that lenient that they probably follow the new guidelines. I witnessed this interaction on May 20.

Hi all we are booked for the cara suite in september what would be the best building to request to be closest to the front near transportation and the main lobby? This is our first stay here :) Thanks in advance for any help .

Hi all we are booked for the cara suite in september what would be the best building to request to be closest to the front near transportation and the main lobby? This is our first stay here :) Thanks in advance for any help .

There is a map in the first post of this thread that will show you the layout of the resort. Closest to the lobby and buses would be building 1. :-)

We are booked in August and used the deal with the free dining. We had previously been booked in a Cars family room but when the dining plan came up we had to change the reservation and it was only available for a family suite, not specifically Cars. Part of our reason for staying on site in the Cars theming - it will thrill my 6 year old son in a way that mermaids just will not. Are we likely to get a Cars room or is there anything I should do to make sure we get one instead of a mermaid room?

We are booked in August and used the deal with the free dining. We had previously been booked in a Cars family room but when the dining plan came up we had to change the reservation and it was only available for a family suite, not specifically Cars. Part of our reason for staying on site in the Cars theming - it will thrill my 6 year old son in a way that mermaids just will not. Are we likely to get a Cars room or is there anything I should do to make sure we get one instead of a mermaid room?

Well if you booked a Family Suite you will definitely NOT get a Little Mermaid room. The Little Mermaid rooms are standard rooms, NOT Family Suites. You will either have a Cars, Finding Nemo or Lion King themed Family Suite. I would call and add a request of "Cars Suite" to your reservation and make that your only request. That will give you your best odds.

Well, since ALL of the Little Mermaid rooms are standard hotel rooms, not family suites... You're good. ;) You'll be in Cars, Finding Nemo, or Lion King.

Okay, Nemo or Lion King wouldn't be as bad, but he will certainly be most excited about the Cars if we can get it! I will call and make the request.

Okay, Nemo or Lion King wouldn't be as bad, but he will certainly be most excited about the Cars if we can get it! I will call and make the request.
Worst case scenario, if you get assigned to Nemo or LK, maybe one day ya'll can go hang out in the Cars section and use the pool there. They have these really cute "Cozy Cone" cabana type things around the pool, and they seem great for lounging! Even though I'm in a Little Mermaid room, I may wander down to the Cars section myself just to relax in a cozy cone with a book on our rest day. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter