• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Be there and I will not go back. I have been to allot of WDW resorts. We have been to WDW over 50 times. 18 in the last two years. We always stay on property. The place was Dirty.

I noticed that you often stay at POP...comparatively speaking, how do you find AoA? What did you find that was so dirty? I felt like, being so new, it was so much cleaner and fresher (however we last stayed there shortly after it opened).

Be there and I will not go back. I have been to allot of WDW resorts. We have been to WDW over 50 times. 18 in the last two years. We always stay on property. The place was Dirty.
My bad...forgot the quote to reference my response:
I noticed that you often stay at POP...comparatively speaking, how do you find AoA? What did you find that was so dirty? I felt like, being so new, it was so much cleaner and fresher (however we last stayed there shortly after it opened).

I was going to ask the same thing. We were at AoA in June 2013 and June 2015 and both times found both the rooms (we were in a LK suite both times) and the resort in general to be very clean.

6am to midnight every day (for the most part....that's what I'm getting when looking at the hours calendar for the next week or so...)

Go here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/art-of-animation-resort/landscape-of-flavors/
And about halfway down the page on the right there is the hours for the current day and a calendar so you can check.

Just be aware that not everything within Landscape of Flavors is open from 6:00 - midnight. Only the grab and go area is open at 6:00 a.m. The food stations don't open until 7:00. And only the Pizza and Pasta station (and it might actually only be pizza after 11:00 -- can't remember) and the Grab & Go areas are open until midnight. The Soup, Salad, & Sandwich station and the Burger station both close at 11:00; and the World of Flavors station closes at 10:00. At least those were the hours when we were there in June.

Quick question (I am sure it has been asked and answered somewhere, but I don't know where to start looking). If we book AoA family suite and we are going during Free Dining, on the family suite is it the QS Dining plan that is included in the offer or since it is the family suite and they are pricier, is it the DDP with table service? Makes a difference on whether or not we book 2 rooms at Pop, and pay for the upgrade, or 1 room AoA and have the DDP included.

I just asked this question. Guess I should have read more responses. Did you get QS dining for free or did you get the regular DDP with TS?
Since it is technically a value resort you only get the quick service plan for free. But you can pay the difference and upgrade to the regular plan (it was around $300 for us to upgrade with 2 adults and 2 children). But paying only $300 for the regular dining plan is still good!

We just made our reservation to stay at AOA for the first time in May 2016. My friend is joining me along with her husband and adult daughter. They have never been to WDW so it will be fun to show them around and see their reaction. We booked a Lion King room. Any advice on which are to request?

I would imagine there wouldn't be much to upgrade to at AoA. From what I've seen it seems to be something that happens with resorts with many bookable room categories.

Newbie question here! I've been reading that Disney sometimes offers upgrades for different reasons. IF you're offered an upgrade, do you have to pay the difference or is it typically a free upgrade?

We have stayed at AoA 2 or 3 times now, and never had a dirty room, always been clean..

What is the best way to make a room request? We are 9 days out and the online check-in doesn't have an option for our highest priority request for a Cars room. Because we are going on free dining, it is a reservation for a suite, assigned at check in. I see posts about faxing it in, calling it in and using the online request. Which method would be the best? Will I know if we get our request before we get there?

Oh, and Touring plans has a fax form we can fill out for very specific rooms - is it better to ask for a very specific area, or just say anywhere in Cars. Are there elevators? Because we'd make a ground floor request if not.

What is the best way to make a room request? We are 9 days out and the online check-in doesn't have an option for our highest priority request for a Cars room. Because we are going on free dining, it is a reservation for a suite, assigned at check in. I see posts about faxing it in, calling it in and using the online request. Which method would be the best? Will I know if we get our request before we get there?
I don't think they do faxes any more... You can call the reservation phone line and have it noted on your reservation. They won't guarantee anything, but it will at least help having it in there.

If you do call and get some answers, can you post back your response? I have the same thing as you (free dining, no room guarantee until check-in). I made my requests (early check in and ground floor) because it also didn't give me the option to choose Cars. I assumed that we couldn't request it because of the special offer we have of Free Dining.

I hate talking on the phone!! I need to sneak off into a closet somewhere I think - my kids don't know yet!

Oh, and Touring plans has a fax form we can fill out for very specific rooms - is it better to ask for a very specific area, or just say anywhere in Cars. Are there elevators? Because we'd make a ground floor request if not.

There are elevators at the center of each building and stairs on the ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter