Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Wow, thank you so much for all of the information! So, yes, my kids could absolutely share a twin. I was thinking just something like this:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Twin-Classic-Downy-Airbed-Mattress/20449351

They're both super tiny kiddos, so no problem at all. It sounds like that might be the best way to go. Also really interesting about the seat cushions! I hadn't heard that before, so thank you. My youngest has a tonne of allergies, so it won't work for her just because of the allergens that can linger in the foam, etc., but it might just work for the older one if they're not enjoying sleeping together :) I really so appreciate all of the info - thank you!

**after thought, do you know if the side table moves? It would have to to fit the mattress in there, I'm guessing.

That type of mattress should work well. It will be easy to stand up in the corner of the room or behind the door during the day to get it out of the way.

I'm pretty sure the side tables move. I seem to remember moving the one on my side of the bed because I wanted it closer to me. I don't know how long the cords are for the phone and lamp though. That might limit how far you can move the end table if you want those things plugged in. There is another phone in the living room.

Is the mini fridge in the Nemo rooms big enough that a half gallon of milk can stand up in it?

The Disney menus online currently list them as an option which is good news for us too. I think they may have recently been added as Touring Plans menus (last verified at LOF in June) did not list them.

ETA: Now that I started looking more closely at the menu, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for dinner at LOF? We are staying here for one night in November and plan to have dinner at the resort. I'm so excited to try out a Family Suite!!!

OH great..thanks!! I'm so excited too!! Which suite are you staying in?

@lovemy2girls4eva We are in a Cars Suite. We got it with a Florida Resident discount since my brother lives there. It was only offered for the Cars Suites so we just took that one. I'm kind of glad it was narrowed down for us because they all look so cute! It would be hard to pick! I do think my 6 year old nephew will love the Cars theming! I'm so excited to see his reaction!

How about you?

We will be staying at AoA for the first time in February. Could someone please tell me if the drink station in the food court is still a traditional style fountain or do they have the Freestyle (1 machine - lots of flavor options) in the food court area? We have a picky Coke drinker in our party. :)
TIA!

Does AoA (or Pop, since it's close) stock skim milk (fat free) in the gift shop (or wherever they carry their selection of grocery items)?
POP and AoA do not stock food or beverages in their Merch Shops.

Everything Pop and Landscape of Flavors(Food Courts) do stock fat-free milk,but only in the little 1/2 Pint cartons.:)

We will be staying at AoA for the first time in February. Could someone please tell me if the drink station in the food court is still a traditional style fountain or do they have the Freestyle (1 machine - lots of flavor options) in the food court area? We have a picky Coke drinker in our party. :)
TIA!
Still traditional fountain drinks.

Maybe a silly question, but what's the Ears selection like at AoA? And if anyone is there right now and wants to attach a photo of them, that would be the bees knees. :D

Is the mini fridge in the Nemo rooms big enough that a half gallon of milk can stand up in it?

Yes, there's plenty of room. You can fit 2 of them in the door alone. The fridge in the suites isn't a "mini" one -- it's counter height. You can see pictures here. Just note that while the refrigerator in both of our Lion King suites was exactly like the one in the picture, the refrigerator we had in our Nemo suite this summer did not have a freezer compartment. I don't know if they've changed out all of the refrigerators to not have freezers or if ours was just a random different model.

@lovemy2girls4eva We are in a Cars Suite. We got it with a Florida Resident discount since my brother lives there. It was only offered for the Cars Suites so we just took that one. I'm kind of glad it was narrowed down for us because they all look so cute! It would be hard to pick! I do think my 6 year old nephew will love the Cars theming! I'm so excited to see his reaction!

How about you?

Finding Nemo suite.......that appealed to my kids the most!!! All the suites look amazing though!!

Hoping someone here can help me with a question here. We are making our first trip to AoA on 11/13 and looking at our travel schedule we should arrive around 7:00PM. My question is, if we want to check in, then go to Disney Springs should we just take our personal vehicle or the bus? We haven't been to Disney Springs and this is our best option for fitting it in on this trip. We want to check it out and our primary goal is to get something to eat. It will be myself, DW, and DD3. Any suggestions on a place to grab a meal would be great as well. The last part of this ramble is, if we take the bus to DS, is it a long wait to get back to AoA? TIA!!

We will be staying at AoA for the first time in February. Could someone please tell me if the drink station in the food court is still a traditional style fountain or do they have the Freestyle (1 machine - lots of flavor options) in the food court area? We have a picky Coke drinker in our party. :)TIA!
Normal fountain machines at least for now.

Hoping someone here can help me with a question here. We are making our first trip to AoA on 11/13 and looking at our travel schedule we should arrive around 7:00PM. My question is, if we want to check in, then go to Disney Springs should we just take our personal vehicle or the bus? We haven't been to Disney Springs and this is our best option for fitting it in on this trip. We want to check it out and our primary goal is to get something to eat. It will be myself, DW, and DD3. Any suggestions on a place to grab a meal would be great as well. The last part of this ramble is, if we take the bus to DS, is it a long wait to get back to AoA? TIA!!
You may wish to grab something right at AoA as they have a great food court. If you decide to eat at DS we enjoyed the new Blaze'd Pizza last month. You may wish to take your car as the walk to the AoA bus stop at DS is a long one as it is the furthest stop.

If you have your own car, that would be my choice for traveling to Disney Springs. My experience with bus travel to and from Downtown Disney/Disney Springs has been long trips, long waits, etc.

At Disney Springs, my favorite is still an old standby - Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace section. I make special trips over there just to eat at WPE. I know there's loads of new dining options but that's still my favorite for great food, quick service, and a pretty good value for your money.

POP and AoA do not stock food or beverages in their Merch Shops.

Everything Pop and Landscape of Flavors(Food Courts) do stock fat-free milk,but only in the little 1/2 Pint cartons.:)

Actually, every time I've been at AoA (most recently in June of this year), there has been a section of the merchandise area that stocks foods like Entenmann's Baked Goods, bags of bagels, a few different types of loaves of bread, peanut butter, jelly, etc. There's also an additional display with all the Disney brand snacks (pretzels, cookies, candy, etc.). However, milk is only available in the food court area.

In the past, the resorts gave out parking tags to put on your dash, but I have heard that has changed. If your mom is babysitting, you might want to add her to the room so she has full access to amenities at the resort without having to use the kid's bands. You can add her the day she arrives and tell them how many days she is staying. If she is the 3rd adult in the room, then you would need to pay a $10/night fee for the days she stays.

There is no charge for extra adults in a suite!

There is no charge for extra adults in a suite!

Only a month and at least two other posters late.

Sorry, that is a bit catty, but I am in one of those moods and had hoped the Dis would help. Lately, it feels like it puts me off some days.

Only a month and at least two other posters late.

Sorry, that is a bit catty, but I am in one of those moods and had hoped the Dis would help. Lately, it feels like it puts me off some days.

My bad - I was reading along and posting as I went. Its a long thread and I thought I had something to offer and didn't mean it as a correction just a clarification.

We have used 2 twin airbeds in the Lion King suite and the Nemo suite. You can fit one beside the bed in the bedroom by the bathroom even without moving the bed stand. We ended up putting one beside the pull out couch and the other at the foot of the pull down table as that worked better for us. During the day they fit up against the window between the bed and the wall totally of the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter