Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

So you could fit 4 half gallons in the fridge portion laying flat and maybe one more in the door (if the ice bucket fit)?

Also, if you stayed in the Nemo room, can you please provide the room number once you checkout so we can avoid the room without a freezer.

I don't think any of them have a freezer - we had ours replaced yesterday as the door wouldn't close all the way and neither has a freezer. fyi the switch was done within 20 minutes of my call !!

I called Disney to add an extra day of tickets and flight info. They said all Nemo rooms now have a fridge with a freezer section. They can’t put in a request; it would be like reserving a Nemo room and requesting a Nemo room (exact words). This is the second time I’ve asked for a fridge with a freezer section.

They did say I can ask at the front desk when I check in (room change in a pandemic is difficult and next to impossible; we had to do the change at AKL in Nov as my husband had to walk to the end of the resort with a foot fracture (in a boot) and he was furious; I had requested a room near the lobby). Unless bell services can accommodate us for a day, I guess we will be eating a lot of fish sticks and drinking a gallon of milk the first day.

Last edited:
We were told Magical express will pickup 3 hours early? We thought it would be less than AKL since AOA was the last stop. Can anyone verify from their stated magical express pickup time?

We were hoping to go to Epcot on checkout day for a couple of hours.

I called Disney to add an extra day of tickets and flight info. They said all Nemo rooms now have a fridge with a freezer section. They can’t put in a request; it would be like reserving a Nemo room and requesting a Nemo room (exact words). This is the second time I’ve asked for a fridge with a freezer section.

They did say I can ask at the front desk when I check in (room change in a pandemic is difficult and next to impossible; we had to do the change at AKL in Nov as my husband had to walk to the end of the resort with a foot fracture (in a boot) and he was furious; I had requested a room near the lobby). Unless bell services can accommodate us for a day, I guess we will be eating a lot of fish sticks and drinking a gallon of milk the first day.

Good luck but I doubt the call center has any idea what type of fridge is actually in a room.

As I said upthread I am in Nemo and just got a brand new fridge as ours was faulty. The maintenance CM took off all the plastic in the hallway outside and the cardboard inserts inside so I know its new.

I would wait to order anything that needs to be kept frozen until your sure you have a freezer, just my .02.

We were told Magical express will pickup 3 hours early? We thought it would be less than AKL since AOA was the last stop. Can anyone verify from their stated magical express pickup time?

We were hoping to go to Epcot on checkout day for a couple of hours.

There is no set order of DME pickup and it is / has always been 3 hours +/- 15 minutes for the return trip.

I already ordered groceries thinking it’s a 4.3 cubic ft fridge with a small freezer compartment (fit 1 box of frozen dinner). I checked the measurements of the box vs the darby fridge.

Anyone know if the refillable drink stations are open for resort guest to use? Been seeing reports about other resorts now allowing guests to fill up their own mugs...not using cast members
Yes, we were able to fill our own mugs today. Cast member was stationed at the one we were near making sure one family used the machine at a time. Walked past a different station and didn’t see a cast member there. Distance markers at all stations.

This may be a dumb question, but when do people normally do online check-in? Months/weeks/days before your trip? We leave in a week and haven't done it yet, but anticipate doing it sometime over the next few days. Wasn't sure if there was an advantage to doing it well in advance or not. We arrive super early in the morning and have had a cast member add a note in our reservation that we're arriving early, realizing that there are no promises that they can accommodate us once we arrive. Wasn't sure if doing online check-in well in advance of trip will make a difference or not...

I've been trying to do the online check in for a month now, and it won't work. I've tried different browsers, and my husband even downloaded the app so I could try checking in on his phone. I keep getting an error message even though I enter in my phone number, email, credit card, and click the agree buttons. I've tried using different credit cards, and I've tried choosing room requests and no room requests. Nothing works. It's very frustrating! Is anyone else having this problem??

I have a question about the bed size in the Little Mermaid Rooms.
are they double or queen sized?

Updated to add, i found my own answer. shoulda looked a little harder before asking. they are Queen sized

Last edited:
Heading down in November and couldn't find much availability in our price range - nothing for Pop. Backed our dates up a day and BOOM! LM rooms available! Absolutely can't wait to stay here. Being by the skyliner was a huge priority if at all possible! We have walked over to AoA before from Pop, but this will be our first stay. Time to settle in and start reading this thread!

My friend arrived late Thursday night. They booked a Little Mermaid room but were upgraded to a Nemo suite. They didn’t ask or anything. It just appeared in their app. Is this common right now?

My friend arrived late Thursday night. They booked a Little Mermaid room but were upgraded to a Nemo suite. They didn’t ask or anything. It just appeared in their app. Is this common right now?

I've heard a lot of people in value resorts are getting upgraded. Apparently, Disney is struggling to book deluxe resorts, and everyone is scrambling for Pop and All-Star Movies. So... I think they're upgrading some people who book those rooms to open up availability at the value resorts for more guests. There have been a lot of people booked at All-Star Movies who report being upgraded to the Grand Floridian!

That must have happened at AoA, too. That is, maybe all the single rooms in Little Mermaid were getting booked out, at least for the dates of your friend's trip! If they move people from the Little Mermaid rooms, last minute guests might book the Little Mermaid rooms since they're more affordable.

Wow. That’s a lot of pixie dust. Enjoy it, but don’t expect it (and be disappointed if you don’t get it).

I’ve been going to Disney at least once a year since 2013 and we have never been upgraded so we always book what we want (eg Savanna view, Lagoon view etc). We’ve stayed at deluxe resorts the past 5 years and moderates (or art of animation suites only) before that.

When did it appear in their app relative to their arrival time at WDW? Obviously, I know not to count on it, but we will be arriving on Tuesday and booked a standard Little Mermaid room as part of the get two additional park days package.

I arrived last Saturday and was upgraded from Little Mermaid to Nemo also. I was only there for one night though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter