Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

For the LM rooms, are the beds “Queen” or “Double/Full” size? The WDW website provides conflicting information. This thread goes back several years and I wasn’t sure if those initial descriptions were up to date.
Many thanks for the help.

For the LM rooms, are the beds “Queen” or “Double/Full” size? The WDW website provides conflicting information. This thread goes back several years and I wasn’t sure if those initial descriptions were up to date.
Many thanks for the help.
I haven't been there yet but from what I read the beds were upgraded to Queen when they refurbished the rooms.

AoA Halloween activities!
We were there and checked in Oct 31st. I was surprised to see trick or treating locations set up in the lobby, the gift shop and the pool. It was great for the kids to participate as they missed Halloween back home.

The only negative regarding the resort stay was the bell services bag drop off when we checked out. The line wrapped around to the other side of the entrance (where the old airline check in used to be) around 10 am. People were dropping off bags while checking in and we were checking out. It was easily a 20-30 min wait. I would try to account for that if you're heading to the parks.

The chef at Landscape of flavors went above and beyond and brought ripple chocolate milk for our son (his favorite brand at home) as an alternative to the soy milk. We weren’t expecting that at all, we were seated at a table and he surprised us. A year or so ago I had contacted ripple but they weren’t interested in marketing to allergy friendly venues like WDW. I’m glad to see that they finally started. The chocolate milk tastes just like regular chocolate milk btw.

in June, the pizza was made in-house and had a crispy flaky fresh crust (and was easily the best pizza we’ve ever had). Now that has been replaced with a microwaved pan crust pizza, however, the Turkey dinner and the raspberry mousse were delicious. The shrimp and grits were good. The bread bowl chilli had a bit too much tomato sauce?

Do the family suites (staying in lion king) provide body lotion? I understand shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are all in pumps in the shower. Is lotion anywhere to be found or should I pack some?

Last edited:

Do the family suites (staying in lion king) provide body lotion? I understand shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are all in pumps in the shower. Is lotion anywhere to be found or should I pack some?

We stayed in the Cars family suite and did not have lotion. The last time we had any "extras" besides the mounted three pumps in the shower was pre-Covid at Coronado Springs.

I can confirm. There are no lotions in Nemo/Lion king rooms (even when we stayed pre COVID). There is only one bar of small soap for washing hands now per bathroom (you used to get a bath bar and a facial soap). I always order two softsoap pumps, dish liquid and microwave safe bowls from gardengrocers and bring my own soap/lotion. Housekeeping involves trash removal and towels and wasn’t done until 4th night or repeated calling on day 3 (requested every other day online). They do sell H2O products in the gift shop.

The deluxe rooms have stopped providing foot lotion and after sun care as well. They do have a tube of regular lotion.

No, you can have 2 adults in the room with no extra charge in a standard (Little Mermaid) room. I think additional adults after that are $15/night. If you have a suite, I know you can have at least 5 adults (over 18) and not get an extra charge. My TA said that she's never seen an extra charge for adults in a suite (this was about 3 years ago, so things may have changed). We've had 4 or 5 adults in the suite for each of our 4 stays at AoA and never had an extra charge. Now obviously, the cost will go up if you add tickets for that person, but there's no "resort" cost.
I just wanted to update for those who may have the same question in the future. I added a third person for $35 for 2 nights in a standard room.

I searched and couldn't find it - I will have a rental car on my arrival day but am taking it back that evening. Is there a way to take my luggage to my room (AoA) and have bell services store (or put it in my room if/when it's ready) without paying? Like you're checking into a normal hotel and you can park momentarily under the portico?

I searched and couldn't find it - I will have a rental car on my arrival day but am taking it back that evening. Is there a way to take my luggage to my room (AoA) and have bell services store (or put it in my room if/when it's ready) without paying? Like you're checking into a normal hotel and you can park momentarily under the portico?
Yes there is a area you to remove your luggage and drop off at bell services,usually if your room is not ready they will bring it there at that time.

Hi there! Mostly new to this - everyone here seems so knowledgeable! Planning to stay at Nemo family suites in May. However -- my husband gets bad anxiety and needs to be able to open a window sometimes at night to breathe fresh air. Does anyone happen to know if the windows in the rooms on the first floor happen to open? Otherwise, our next available option would be animal kingdom Kidani village 1-bedroomer, but that is just really so much over our budget. Thanks so much!!

No the windows do not open. There is no ceiling fan (AKL does have a fan)

Side note: the fridge does not have a freezer section although this video shows an older fridge that probably wasn’t replaced yet (they were removed as part of the update; we’ve stayed June and Nov 2021) Here is a video:

Last edited:
No the windows do not open. There is no ceiling fan (AKL does have a fan)

Side note: the fridge does not have a freezer section although this video shows an older fridge that probably wasn’t replaced yet (they were removed as part of the update; we’ve stayed June and Nov 2021) Here is a video:

Thank you so much!!

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on whether the newer floors echo sounds loudly? We are a family of light sleepers -- it's hard to tell from pictures whether they seem echo-y or not!

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on whether the newer floors echo sounds loudly? We are a family of light sleepers -- it's hard to tell from pictures whether they seem echo-y or not!
I didn’t notice an echo. We took afternoon breaks from the parks everyday. I always take something to cover my eyes and ear plugs (we have 3 kids). If noice is a consideration, AKL is much better, however those walls are also thin.

We did have a security check when our 1 year old was sleeping and would cling to me (new place). They kept knocking until I got up and opened the door, then they went through all rooms.

Don’t expect housekeeping every other day (we had to call multiple times to get basics on 4th when we ran our of toilet paper-we had requested cleaning every other day) and bring your own coffee/coffee pods (they refuse to give more than 2 despite having 3 people who drink and they don’t clean everyday (when they cleaned on 4th day)

I didn’t notice an echo. We took afternoon breaks from the parks everyday. I always take something to cover my eyes and ear plugs (we have 3 kids). If noice is a consideration, AKL is much better, however those walls are also thin.

We did have a security check when our 1 year old was sleeping and would cling to me (new place). They kept knocking until I got up and opened the door, then they went through all rooms.

Don’t expect housekeeping every other day (we had to call multiple times to get basics on 4th when we ran our of toilet paper-we had requested cleaning every other day) and bring your own coffee/coffee pods (they refuse to give more than 2 despite having 3 people who drink and they don’t clean everyday (when they cleaned on 4th day)
Thank you, this is very helpful! I now remember hearing about the safety checks -- yay for another thing for tired parents to stress about :) (also acknowledging the importance of safety, I get it!)

Any recent activities schedule? For the campfire, are s'mores kits available for purchase?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter