Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I don't know if you are staying in the Inn side or the Villas side but if you are doing BWV and have a microwave my plan is to buy a dozen eggs at the resort and then microwaving them in water to get hard boiled eggs. I've never done this before but I googled it and it looks easy enough. Just don't overcook them or they'll explode.
I'm at the Inn. I think Garden Grocer will work pretty well - I can get some fruit, yogurt and muffins. Should set me up pretty well for a nice in-room breakfast.

I am leaning towards ordering room service for breakfast vs. hunting down hard boiled eggs (I have to eat protein in the morning - eggs work best for me). I plan to order the night before.

For those who have ordered room service breakfast with pre-ordering, has it been reliably on time? And since it's pricey, I'm hoping the quality is good?

I want to save my steps for the parks vs. running down to the bakery for a breakfast sandwich. I'm hoping this plan will be both more relaxing and efficient!

We’ve ordered breakfast room service lots of times, but the pre-order. The food was awesome every single time. But I agree with others Garden grocer is better more budget friendly option. They do have a minimum. I think it was $40 when we ordered last month.

Kimmar Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos!:goodvibes Last trip I did a walking tour taking lots of pics to try (try bring the operative word here...lol..) ( having difficulty) and share here to show the true flavor of this lovely resort...and you have done that very well...
Btw..we so enjoy the Bellevue Lounge..for a lite breakfast or just to relax...it's a hidden gem IMO...:lovestruc

We’ve ordered breakfast room service lots of times, but the pre-order. The food was awesome every single time. But I agree with others Garden grocer is better more budget friendly option. They do have a minimum. I think it was $40 when we ordered last month.
My cart total is only just over $17. When I select checkout it gives me a total including the $14 delivery charge - no error message saying I need to get to $40. I also don't see a minimum stated in the FAQ section. However if I google garden grocer minimum order then I do see the minimum order amount from another site. Further investigation reveals another option - Amazon Now https://blog.touringplans.com/2017/07/25/groceries-disney-world-garden-grocer-vs-amazon-prime-now/ so I'm going to check that out now.

Can I get a Mickey Waffle within walking distance from the Boardwalk Villas? We are a rope drop kinda family - a quick Mickey Waffle would be a great start to our day.

Tell me about the coffee/coffee pot in the villas. I would love to utilize it. Should I bring my own K-cups?

Tell me about the coffee/coffee pot in the villas. I would love to utilize it. Should I bring my own K-cups?

My understanding is that it is a drip style coffeemaker which uses flat basket style filters. Not K-cups. But I don't make coffee. I assume someone else will pop in to discuss.

Does the resort boat go over to the IG at all?
Yes of course. We love that even though it's a short walk the BWI is the first stop for the boats on the way back from the IG. So if the feet are tired and the boat is loading or coming in we hop on the boat for the quick ride to the hotel.

Well hopefully that didn't cause you to exceed the maximum occupancy for the room. :rolleyes:
It was gross but they handeled it well. We didn’t go bonkers. They moved us to a new room For the night and fully cleaned our room and brought in pest control. They sent up a huge tray of treats for the kids. I’ll only freak if I find more.. yuck. It was a huge inconvenience at 10pm with two tired kids but it worked out ok... we hope.

My understanding is that it is a drip style coffeemaker which uses flat basket style filters. Not K-cups. But I don't make coffee. I assume someone else will pop in to discuss.
Yes, basket style. They give you one filter pack (with coffee in it) the day you check in, and one on the trash and towel day for DVC. I assume it's daily with a cash reservation. It's Joffrey's, so decent coffee IMHO.

Yes, basket style. They give you one filter pack (with coffee in it) the day you check in, and one on the trash and towel day for DVC. I assume it's daily with a cash reservation. It's Joffrey's, so decent coffee IMHO.

Thank you! Im hoping to utilize the coffee pot in the villa and save time in the morning - :-)

It must vary. We have usually had two or three filter packs when we have checked in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter