• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

They fit 2 chairs and a small table. They are not much wider than the chair though, so you don't have very much space to move in front or in back of the chair, just enough to stand up at the rail. There's a fair bit of space between the chairs and the table though, so they have a bit more space in their length than in the depth, if that makes sense. I don't think any of my photos show it very clearly but I'll check. We enjoy sitting on them, even if they are smallish. Still plenty of room to put your feet up on the rail and enjoy a beverage. If you can zoom at Dave's photo, in the room to the right of 5275, you can make out a chair on the balcony and sort of tell how big they are, in relation to the balcony.

Thanks! One of my favorite parts of our trips is sitting on the balcony and enjoying a morning or evening beverage while taking in the view. I'd be crushed if we didn't get a balcony or got one that we couldn't sit on!

Thanks! One of my favorite parts of our trips is sitting on the balcony and enjoying a morning or evening beverage while taking in the view. I'd be crushed if we didn't get a balcony or got one that we couldn't sit on!
Last time I stayed there, we were in 5277, and if you look at the TP room finder, you will see the photos and comments I posted there. It's small, but definitely you can sit (after moving the chairs to open the door) and watch the world go by with coffee/wine depending on time of day. Back then, I think it was considered Water View, but we got a little pixie dust and they put us in there. Now it's called Garden View, but as you can see, you can see the water and boardwalk pretty well. The room next to it (5279) according to TP is Standard View, but then the next one is again Garden View.... Probably mislabeled.

Without a foodcourt is there any place with a toaster? Would I need to head over to bc/yc ? Some mornings we have bagels in room but usually toast in the foodcourt

Yes there is a toaster in the bakery. It is off to the side and I doubt anyone would notice if you brought in something to be toasted. That area can get very congested though in the morning (as can the whole bakery).

The IG to Epcot opens at the same time as the main entrance, so morning EMH would be the only time it would open before 9:00. Besides, walking all the way through Epcot (using a day’s park admission in the process) to the monorail would be a very slow way to get to MK. Taking the bus from BWV to MK for your ADR would be faster. Uber/Lyft/taxi/MinnieVan would be fastest. And the most predictable!

Congratulations on your anniversary and have a wonderful birthday too!

If you are taking anything other than a Minnie Van to the MK, you will be dropped at Ticket and Transportation. Minnie Vans are the only ones that go directly to the MK. You can ask the other drivers to drop you at the Contemporary and walk over to the MK.

Yes there is a toaster in the bakery. It is off to the side and I doubt anyone would notice if you brought in something to be toasted. That area can get very congested though in the morning (as can the whole bakery).

Back to the toaster conversation.... ha ha ha... I looked at the breakfast menu for the Belle Vue Lounge and they sell croissants and bagels - so I'm "assuming" (and we all know what that means!) they would have a toaster there.

Back to the toaster conversation.... ha ha ha... I looked at the breakfast menu for the Belle Vue Lounge and they sell croissants and bagels - so I'm "assuming" (and we all know what that means!) they would have a toaster there.

Sorry I don't know the answer to that. We stay in the Villas so if we do go out for breakfast it is to the bakery. We save the BelleVue for night time visits ;).

Last time I stayed there, we were in 5277, and if you look at the TP room finder, you will see the photos and comments I posted there. It's small, but definitely you can sit (after moving the chairs to open the door) and watch the world go by with coffee/wine depending on time of day. Back then, I think it was considered Water View, but we got a little pixie dust and they put us in there. Now it's called Garden View, but as you can see, you can see the water and boardwalk pretty well. The room next to it (5279) according to TP is Standard View, but then the next one is again Garden View.... Probably mislabeled.

Now that's what I'm talking about! :love:

Thanks so much for this! I have always had great luck with TP's room request fax, so I've been looking for the perfect room to request, and now I found it!

First time staying at Boardwalk Villas April 27-May 5 2019! Close call with Beach Club but the savings here was too much to ignore.

I’ve scrolled through some recent pages, but almost 400 pages is a bit much. Anyone willing to share a few of their favorite parts about the resort, things we must see/do? (Or things to avoid) Is it true that the bus to MK and AK is direct with no other stops?

Excited!

First time staying at Boardwalk Villas April 27-May 5 2019! Close call with Beach Club but the savings here was too much to ignore.

I’ve scrolled through some recent pages, but almost 400 pages is a bit much. Anyone willing to share a few of their favorite parts about the resort, things we must see/do? (Or things to avoid) Is it true that the bus to MK and AK is direct with no other stops?

Excited!
We only shared coming back from MK after EMH but always shared going to/from AK. This was on every trip

Excited!

Last week we never shared a bus when we went to MK, coming or going. In the morning when we went to AK for EMH, we didn't share, but when we went in the afternoon, we shared with the swan/dolphin. Coming back we also shared with swan/dolphin, but we were the first stop. Since the boat was down going to HS, we took the bus a couple of times and it also shared with swan/dolphin, but the boat should be up and running when you are there. We didn't take a bus from the BW to Disney Springs, but did take a bus back and we shared with swan/dolphin. The BW was always the first stop in our experience whether we were going to a park or coming back.

Enjoy your stay! We did and I'm ready to go back.

Are the boats running yet?

Just back last night from 5 days at BWI and the boats are running to Epcot, but not DHS. Transportation to DHS is by bus or walking.

Are the CL rooms worth it?

Everyone's opinion/experience is different, but for us, yes CL is worth it. I'm just back from 5 days BWI CL and I absolutely LOVED it!!! I posted this on the CL thread:

Everything about it was great, from the food to the CMs to the atmosphere. Breakfast consisted of danishes, croissants, mini muffins, different types of bread (blueberry, apple, etc, that was changed daily), toast, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, and a variety of cheeses. Mid-day snacks consisted of homemade chips, veggies/dip, mini sandwiches, chocolate chip and sugar cookies, candy (caramel creams, gummies, tootsie rolls, suckers), and trail mix. Apps were somewhat different daily that consisted of Ahi tuna, quinoa salad, roasted potatoes, shrimp cocktail, bread with spinach/artichoke dip, grouper & some sort of steak that the chef made Friday night, both of which were excellent. Desserts were tarts, cookies, mini cheesecakes, and oreos with some type of mousse on top. Beer choices were Yuengling, Sam Adams Summer Ale, and Bud Lite (there was a 4th choice but can't remember what it was). The CL CMs could not have been more pleasant! Brittany, Joe, Chris, Lorenzo, Howie, JJ, Linda, & Pete were all amazing....very friendly, nice, and personable. Love how they interact with guests and make you feel right at home. Never seemed bothered or put out....always said hello, good morning, good evening, etc with a big smile. There are a few other CLs I have been wanting to try (and two I want to return to), but in all honesty, it will be hard not to book BWI CL over and over again!

Are the CL rooms worth it?
Yes. Extremely worth it for us. We rarely stay BWI without it. A CL stay means we only pay to eat 1 meal each day. And most importantly, we don't change our touring plans to be at the resorts to do that. Only you know if you can or would.

I think it was delayed by about a week. The new date has been announced but I've forgotten what it was.
Here is the latest public information:

Beginning June 4, 2018 until approximately June 23, 2018 Disney's Friendship Boat service is only available to Epcot, Disney's Boardwalk, and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club resorts and Swan / Dolphin, Bus service will be provided to Disney's Hollywood Studios during this time.

Dave

Here is the latest public information:

Beginning June 4, 2018 until approximately June 23, 2018 Disney's Friendship Boat service is only available to Epcot, Disney's Boardwalk, and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club resorts. Bus service will be provided to Disney's Hollywood Studios during this time.

Dave
Their announcement is sure strangely worded since it began well before June 4th. But at least they put out an ending date that is helpful information.

Something I've wondered all along.... am I the only one who wondered why they even bothered to run it at all? Does anyone really ride it from the Epcot resorts to Epcot? I wondered that the entire time during our last trip. Especially each time we watched it leave the dock at Epcot as we started to walk and we made it in the door of the resort before it even docked at BWI (which is the first stop)

While it is not how I would have worded it. It kind of makes sense since the Swan / Dolphin dock opened on June 4th for the Epcot loop. Just leaving the HS leg down as the bridge work continues.

Dave

Their announcement is sure strangely worded since it began well before June 4th. But at least they put out an ending date that is helpful information.

Something I've wondered all along.... am I the only one who wondered why they even bothered to run it at all? Does anyone really ride it from the Epcot resorts to Epcot? I wondered that the entire time during our last trip. Especially each time we watched it leave the dock at Epcot as we started to walk and we made it in the door of the resort before it even docked at BWI (which is the first stop)

We did a few times our last visit. Mainly for the experience but also for the ability to sit. Plus the boat was there with no line each time. Probably would have walked if it wasn't. We weren't worried about timing though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter