Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling better about this :) I think it would be a fun water slide! But kiddo is worried about it (and he worries enough as it is). Looks like we can avoid it for the most part so that's perfect!

The funny part is, when you USE the slide, you never realize what you are sliding out of. It's only when you turn around and look do you see the clown. And then, if you are close, as in IN the pool, the clown is so big, it's not obvious what it is. You need to be like, over in the kiddie area to really get a full impact of the visual. I'd go over there, without much discussion beforehand, and just feel it all out, rather than writing it off. He may be surprised at just how little impact that clown ends up having. Everyone is different in how they handle it but I do think many end up being surprised

The funny part is, when you USE the slide, you never realize what you are sliding out of. It's only when you turn around and look do you see the clown. And then, if you are close, as in IN the pool, the clown is so big, it's not obvious what it is. You need to be like, over in the kiddie area to really get a full impact of the visual. I'd go over there, without much discussion beforehand, and just feel it all out, rather than writing it off. He may be surprised at just how little impact that clown ends up having. Everyone is different in how they handle it but I do think many end up being surprised
I agree. We also found it way more creepy online than in person. Its the best slide at Disney to us!

Just post in case you all didn't know, from the Rumor/News board, new menu at Boardwalk pool, looks good! :)
We’ve never really eaten much at the BWI pool just beverages. This menu
Looks pretty good. Love the salads! I think we’ll have to try it for our March visit.

Hello, sorry if it’s been discussed before, had a quick question about the comfort level of the pullout beds in a 1BR villa? We have two adults that will be sleeping on it for 6 nights. We were considering buying a mattress topper of some kind if we need to. Anyone have experience with these? Thanks!

I suspect they vary but it was reasonable (I slept on one the last 2 nights now). Not as nice as the bed, obviously, but a decent mattress and better than most you will find in consumer level sofa beds. I was fine our last trip for 5 nights and I doubt I'll have many issue this week. I'm sure a topper would make it more comfortable if you have the room to bring it.

Hi! At the end of the month we'll be staying at The Boardwalk Inn side in a Garden View room. I can't seem to find where the Garden View rooms are located in the building. I looked at a few layout charts and I didn't see "Garden View" as on option on any of them! It's not urgent or anything, I'm just curious. It's our first stay at The Boardwalk and I'm super excited!

Edit: am an idiot. It was right there in the Touring Plans map.

Last edited:
Hello, sorry if it’s been discussed before, had a quick question about the comfort level of the pullout beds in a 1BR villa? We have two adults that will be sleeping on it for 6 nights. We were considering buying a mattress topper of some kind if we need to. Anyone have experience with these? Thanks!
My girls slept on one for a week and it wasn't bad as far as sleepers go. DD is a small adult, 5', 100 lbs. DGD was 8 at the time, but above avg in size, about the size of a 10 yo. They had no complaints and trust me, DD complains about everything :charac2::rolleyes: (there are reasons she doesn't go every year)
It was LIGHTYEARS better than the one at SSR, which was unuseable in it's current state and a piece Disney should be ashamed to have on it's property.

Quick question...do you have to scan your magic band to get into the main pool? I can't remember from when we stayed their last summer. I'm not trying to use the pool without staying. Just trying to give my friend accurate info for her stay.

We were there 3 weeks ago, and they did not scan or check bands for the pool.

If you have time, please post back regarding your experience. We're booked for one of those in May.
I have a posting re: this. Returned after the most amazing 6 day stay CL at Boardwalk. One of the best vacays ever. Great staff, beautiful Boardwalk views and good lounge access. The BEST CL food (have previously stayed CL at GF and AKL; they were great but BWI.... incredible) We did the CL extra fast pass so we had 6 FPs minimum (and ofter got 2 more) Have a great time.

432 days until first stay at Boardwalk!!! :o Can you tell I've had a long week? Started a new job, challenging, but will be rewarding in the end!

Nothing to do with Boardwalk, but we're going during flower/garden and I saw these ears on Etsy, only pair, so I jumped on them. Arrived today! Now to wait...

Resized_IMG_1376.jpeg

I have a posting re: this. Returned after the most amazing 6 day stay CL at Boardwalk. One of the best vacays ever. Great staff, beautiful Boardwalk views and good lounge access. The BEST CL food (have previously stayed CL at GF and AKL; they were great but BWI.... incredible).

THE BEST!!!! You will love everything about this beautiful property!!

Agree....BWI is amazing :thumbsup2

We are very excited about our first stay at BWI! We have a standard view room booked. Within this category, are there any requests we should make for our room location? We don't mind walking, so we don't need to be close to the lobby. Are there any potential good views with the standard category?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter