Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance
enhance

enhance

Thanks for all your pictures. Making me look forward on our November visit!,,

The eyes lit up too? Who on God's green earth thought that was a good idea! LOL I thought it was odd before, but now seeing it with the eyes lit up... whole 'nother level!
ITA! Kicked up the 'creepy factor' a notch or two...I never realized that the eyes light up either.

Just booked 5 nights at BWI in August, and very excited. It's been 9 years since our last BWI stay!
-Any word on rooms being refurbed? We'll be happy either way, but they could really use an update!
-Flying Fish? Do we assume it will be open by August?

Just booked 5 nights at BWI in August, and very excited. It's been 9 years since our last BWI stay!
-Any word on rooms being refurbed? We'll be happy either way, but they could really use an update!
-Flying Fish? Do we assume it will be open by August?

I wouldn't assume anything, but my gut feeling is that with Beach Club and Boardwalk cash rooms both open by July 2nd, things may start reopening by then.

I just got the OK from DH to book a quickie getaway weekend in November (he didn't specify "where" so I chose Disney :rolleyes1 ) , so I booked the Swan (for now) but I'm wondering/hoping that maybe they'll come out with an AP discount then....

I know they just extended a general discount through late September, but with the 50th Anniversary in Oct I'm probably out of luck of them offering an AP discount in November, don't you think? :confused3

I'm thinking that BWI would be fabulous to stay at since we've not stayed there before!

Considering an upcoming trip to stay at BoardWalk, which would be a new resort for us. I have questions about Skyliner use and BW. Apologies if posted elsewhere but I didn’t see this one on the main thread page. How doable is it to stay at BW and use the Skyliner? How long are the walks and what stations would we use? Thanks for any help!

Considering an upcoming trip to stay at BoardWalk, which would be a new resort for us. I have questions about Skyliner use and BW. Apologies if posted elsewhere but I didn’t see this one on the main thread page. How doable is it to stay at BW and use the Skyliner? How long are the walks and what stations would we use? Thanks for any help!

Using the Skyliner to get somewhere specific, or just for the fun of trying it out?

I just got the OK from DH to book a quickie getaway weekend in November (he didn't specify "where" so I chose Disney :rolleyes1 ) , so I booked the Swan (for now) but I'm wondering/hoping that maybe they'll come out with an AP discount then....

I know they just extended a general discount through late September, but with the 50th Anniversary in Oct I'm probably out of luck of them offering an AP discount in November, don't you think? :confused3

I'm thinking that BWI would be fabulous to stay at since we've not stayed there before!
There are rarely discounts for November, and this year'50th might not help that situation. I'm impatiently waiting to see how things shake out for October, but I'm not expecting anything except a great 50th Anniversary.

There are rarely discounts for November, and this year'50th might not help that situation. I'm impatiently waiting to see how things shake out for October, but I'm not expecting anything except a great 50th Anniversary.
Yeah me neither, I think a discount in November is slim to none but a discount so I can stay at a "real" Disney hotel would be great but I'll stick with the Swan if it gets me to Disney!

Using the Skyliner to get somewhere specific, or just for the fun of trying it out?

To get around to parks it’s connected to and back to the resort. Wondering if the walk to the station seems long or if it’s a viable mode of transportation.

To get around to parks it’s connected to and back to the resort. Wondering if the walk to the station seems long or if it’s a viable mode of transportation.
We have used the Skyliner to get back from DHS for fun but it is quicker to walk back to the Boardwalk.

Walking is going to be the quickest, if you don’t feel like walking the boats would be your next best bet. The problem with the skyliner is the bottleneck at Caribbean Beach when all the skyline resorts are all trying to hit the parks at the same time. The only time I use the skyliner is if I’m park hopping between Epcot/HS or if we just want to ride for the sake of riding.

The only parks it goes to are Epcot and DHS.

The closest station to BoardWalk is at Epcot, so you can't use it to get to Epcot.

You could walk to Epcot to get on it, but it doesn't go directly to DHS. It would go from Epcot to Caribbean Beach, where you would have to get off and get on for the route that goes from there to DHS. Your group might want to do that for fun, but it's probably not faster than walking from BoardWalk to DHS. If you don't want to walk from BoardWalk to DHS, you can take the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter