Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Any advantages of one over the other? Is the LO noisier than the Ded?
I would get a ded if you can. Last spring we had a LO and there was a kid in the other room absolutely screaming their head off and banging on the door and scratching at it. One of the parents was yelling too. It was awful. It was our first night there and we went to the front desk to see how long we would have to put up with it. Our neighbors would be there at least 3 more nights so they moved us to a dedicated room. We were so grateful. Same thing happened with our trip last month but it happened on our last morning there. Must have been the same family lol. I swear that kid screamed for a good 2 hours. You could even hear them really well out in the hall. So yeah I say Ded if you can.

I hope you enjoy it at much as my husband and I did when we stayed there for our first time last July. We now put it above our favorite BCV.
Thanks! Now I'm even more excited. We stayed in a standard room at BW in the past, but never a villa. If you have any tips or suggestions for the villa, please let me know!!!

Thanks! Now I'm even more excited. We stayed in a standard room at BW in the past, but never a villa. If you have any tips or suggestions for the villa, please let me know!!!
Our room overlooked the main pool (which we liked) but it was a long walk to the lobby. Since we don't mind stairs, we quickly found the best stairwell exits to get us outside and closest to whichever destination we were heading to. It worked out great, especially when walking to HS. The exit we use was right next to the walking path.

Our room overlooked the main pool (which we liked) but it was a long walk to the lobby. Since we don't mind stairs, we quickly found the best stairwell exits to get us outside and closest to whichever destination we were heading to. It worked out great, especially when walking to HS. The exit we use was right next to the walking path.
Great tip! We also just booked a BW Villa for our 1st trip to WDW in late summer! Glad to hear its a winner. :)

Wondering if anyone could shed some light on the bus lines from the BW Villas in the morning to MK and AK?

If you wanted to get to the Park 30 minutes before the Early Entry start time, when would you need to be in line at the bus stop?

And taking the bus is the fastest/straightest way in the morning to MK, correct? No other options I'm missing besides personal transportation, taxi, etc?

Wondering if anyone could shed some light on the bus lines from the BW Villas in the morning to MK and AK?

If you wanted to get to the Park 30 minutes before the Early Entry start time, when would you need to be in line at the bus stop?

And taking the bus is the fastest/straightest way in the morning to MK, correct? No other options I'm missing besides personal transportation, taxi, etc?

Can't help you with current bus times from BoardWalk.

Can tell you that personal transportation, taxi, Uber and Lyft would take you to Transportation & Ticket Center, and you have to get to Magic Kingdom from there by monorail or ferry boat (or sometimes bus).

Not sure when your trip is. Minnie Vans are coming back. They drop off at the Magic Kingdom, not TTC. They have a slot with the Disney hotel buses.

Many stays at BWV. Never really had a problem with buses to MK/AK/DS. We always pad our departure times by 30 minutes so we don't feel rushed, and just go with the flow. Before Park Reservations, we used to always take the first park bus that showed up.

"
The bus transportation at the YC, BC and BW has been cut down to twice an hour and they seem more scheduled. The busses are waiting at the bus stops before moving on instead of a just looping.

The busses are packed all day. It takes forever to get around and if you are the 3rd scooter you are going to have to wait.

One woman was in complete disbelief. She just missed the DS bus and kept saying “That can’t be right”. Over and over looking at the time. They ended up taking an Uber to get to their lunch reservations.

Park time is expensive. Wasting it at a bus stop or on a bus so Disney can cut its costs is just more bad PR."

just got this from another thread.

Very concerning :(. we will be there for the first time in Feb 2023 :(

The current rule of thumb given transportation is so sporadic, for all resorts/buses is 90 min- see this first post on this thread about early entry.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/

I don't think any one resort is inherently better/worse when it comes to bus transport but our experience with the MK buses from BW and YC/BC is that you'll be joined by Swan/Dolphin guests and some mornings, and like most resorts, you'll be in a sea of people and won't even get on the bus and other times, you'll get there right as it's leaving and hop on. It's really a luck thing. The buses are all over the place but for us, 90 min is not happening at that time of day. I'm sure there are people who've needed to be out there that early but we're just not those people on vacation. The buses are the best option for MK since any other transport will drop you at TTC. For AK early entry, the best, not free, option is a ride share since they drop you so close to the front of the park and you rarely have to wait. Same rule applies for DHS/Epcot. If we really have to be somewhere in the parks by a certain time, we usually do an uber.

We are supposed to arrive at BWV, if all goes smoothly with our flights, around 1:30pm. I'm assuming our room might not be ready and we will have to stowe our luggage. Will we be able to also stowe our Publix groceries in a refrigerator? We have a grocery stop through Tiffany town car and I plan on getting a few things that are perishable.

We are supposed to arrive at BWV, if all goes smoothly with our flights, around 1:30pm. I'm assuming our room might not be ready and we will have to stowe our luggage. Will we be able to also stowe our Publix groceries in a refrigerator? We have a grocery stop through Tiffany town car and I plan on getting a few things that are perishable.
Yes Bell Services will hold your groceries and refrigerate if required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter