Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Very nice photos and I think I can make out an ear? You can never have too much ice cream, I like to say. Of course, I've never tried the Kitchen Sink.

If you look at the top fireworks picture upside down (hand stands will do), you can see its a green eyes and mouth smiling inside a red face. :)

I do have that 1 share of Disney stock certificate in its frame. :lmao:
Seriously, I one of the mutual funds in my 401K has Disney and it has been doing well.

Great pictures. And, I agree with you about ESPN. DW and I enjoy bar food and ESPN fits the bill. We enjoy a pitcher of Yuengling draft beer (although I drink more of it) but they did take some of the food I liked off the menu. It's one of our regulars.

They finally stopped doing the physical stock certificates. I should have gotten one before it was too late. It's okay though, as long as it still keeps going up!

I'm not a big beer guy (ESPN would be a good place to have some if I was "out with ththe guys"), but the margarita I had was good, too.

Question about the coffee pots here - are they pod/keurig style or should I bring filters & ground?

Deb & Bill covered the Villa side, the Inn side has the pods, not the k-cups.

First look inside the NEW Trattoria al Forno!
The Disney Food Blog

Didn't notice the PSACs in any of the photos:scratchin

We were too famous to sign the photo waivers. ;)

So with last night being the opening night, we went in expecting Trattoria al Forno to be uncoordinated, hectic, and probably not too good on the food because the kitchen hadn't had time to get in a groove, but what the heck, it was close and fun to try opening night.

I would say we were right on one of the three. It was hectic. But it was mostly coordinated, in that we saw three managers walking the floor at all times, so they were definitely all hands on deck. And we were totally wrong on the food. It was REALLY GOOD!!!

We checked in about 15 minutes early, and they said they were running on reservation time. A few people came in for walk ins and were told ADRs only because of opening night.

We sat about five or ten minutes after our ADR time, and we were right in the first "room." For the most part, the "rooms" are divided by the open curtains and it's really the different flooring and seating thet creates the divisions, and you might not even notice if you didn't know it was supposed to be different. The kitchen and pizza oven are open and in view.

The server took over ten minutes to come to the table (I said hectic), but one of the hostesses came to table and apologized for the delay and brought our water. So that was all good. When the server came, she was very friendly (maybe a little too over-enthusiastic, but better than dour.). The wine list by the bottle and glass was large. I like Pino Grigio, and they had three different ones, and I asked if she could recommend one (I like crisp), and it was obvious she had no idea. She recommended the middle priced one, which sounded good to me! It took a while to get the wine (after the apps came), but I liked it and got a second glass of the same.

For appetizers (no pics), my wife got the caprese salad, and I got the fried calamari. Both were really good. The mozerella and tomatoes were tasty and fresh, and the calamari was light and crispy with a very interesting sauce underneath (not a dipping sauce on the side), that I would say had notes of yummy goodness, to use detailed foodie terms.

For the entrees, I got the chicken Parmesan. It's the start of any good italian place.

The pasta was fresh, and the sauce had a slight spicy kick to it. That reminds me they had bread that was baked fresh in their oven, but it was just okay and not really warm like they made it sound like it would be. The bread cut the spiciness though. The chicken parm itself was tasty and much better than what I had at Mama Melrose earlier in the week (doesn't say much!). Interestingly, the waitress said after that the breading was good for people with gluten free diets. I'm sure that will make some people very happy!

My wife had the braised beef bolognese, which the waitress recommended and she was going to get anyway.

This was the star of the show. It's hard to see, but the chunk on top is a huge piece of beef short rib or something similar. It was super tender and tasted fantastic. Very big portion, my wife (even with a lot of my help :) ) couldn't come close to finishing it.

Unfortunately we skipped dessert, since we still had a coated rice crispy treat mickey head from goofy's at downtown Disney waiting in the room for us, and we were already full.

Overall, it's hard to gauge a place by the first night, but we would definitely recommend it. We'll go again next year, without a doubt. The other food we saw looked good. The pizza was nice and fresh, even the kids pizza (two slices) looked good coming out (our seats were right by the pizza oven.). Looking forward to see how it matures, and if it can get even better. :thumbsup2. Some more pics.

They finally stopped doing the physical stock certificates. I should have gotten one before it was too late. It's okay though, as long as it still keeps going up!
. ;)

I was able to get one of the framed certificates before they stopped.

So with last night being the opening night, we went in expecting Trattoria al Forno to be uncoordinated, hectic, and probably not too good on the food because the kitchen hadn't had time to get in a groove, but what the heck, it was close and fun to try opening night.

I would say we were right on one of the three. It was hectic. But it was mostly coordinated, in that we saw three managers walking the floor at all times, so they were definitely all hands on deck. And we were totally wrong on the food. It was REALLY GOOD!!!
]

Thanks for those pictures as well. I had a friend there yesterday and he said the food was really good as well.

Does anyone know how much the cover charge to get into Jellyrolls is? My husband and I are leaving our daughter at the childcare center in the Beach Club Resort. I had originally just planned for us to have some alone time in the room, but if the cover charge isn't outrageous, I'd like to see the dueling pianos and grab a drink :)

Does anyone know how much the cover charge to get into Jellyrolls is? My husband and I are leaving our daughter at the childcare center in the Beach Club Resort. I had originally just planned for us to have some alone time in the room, but if the cover charge isn't outrageous, I'd like to see the dueling pianos and grab a drink :)

I believe it is $12 now. Used to be $10 (and was probably less before that). I thought it was worth it. Very enjoyable show.

Hi BWI/BWV pros!

My husband, son, and I will be staying in a studio at BWV this March for just 3 nights. We'll be celebrating our son's 1st birthday, so first trip with a baby, AND first time at BW. I've looked at maps, but I have no idea where to request a room. We're looking for relatively quiet, but also something nice to look at from our balcony, as I anticipate my husband and I sitting on it during naptime/after our son goes to bed. I think we have the middle view category (garden/pool).

Any tips/experience with requesting in the villa section?

Hi BWI/BWV pros!

My husband, son, and I will be staying in a studio at BWV this March for just 3 nights. We'll be celebrating our son's 1st birthday, so first trip with a baby, AND first time at BW. I've looked at maps, but I have no idea where to request a room. We're looking for relatively quiet, but also something nice to look at from our balcony, as I anticipate my husband and I sitting on it during naptime/after our son goes to bed. I think we have the middle view category (garden/pool).

for garden/pool view, I recommend asking for the "village Green" area. it is technically NOT a boardwalk view, but you are overlooking the courtyard area in front of the lobby and most rooms have a somewhat view of Crescent lake. and you can see a lot fo the "goings" on.. no, not the entertainers, but you do see people coming and going, etc.. etc. we LOVED it! we could see some of the higher fireworks of illuminations (although if I were to watch it fro the resort, I would walk to the bridge connecting Beach club and BW).
and it was very close to the lobby and elevators. very convenient. askd for floor 3 or higher.. floor 2 would be very conveninet (you can walk to the lobby and store, no elevaotr, just one flight above the ppol,. etc) but the balconies are pretty much enclosed.

Hi BWI/BWV pros!

I love spending time on the balcony and my favorite BWV location is overlooking the quiet pool. We've stayed in that location twice, both times we had a room on the 1st floor with nice views of the canal. This last trip we had a 2nd floor room overlooking the main pool and I really missed the quiet atmosphere of the quiet pool area.

Hi! :wave2:

We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas, for 11 nights :woohoo:, next September. I will probably be relying on this board for a lot of our questions, hope you guys don't get sick of me! So excited to stay at the Boardwalk! We visited the Boardwalk area during our last trip and we all loved it. Can't wait!! :goodvibes

We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas, for 11 nights :woohoo:, next September. I will probably be relying on this board for a lot of our questions, hope you guys don't get sick of me! So excited to stay at the Boardwalk! We visited the Boardwalk area during our last trip and we all loved it. Can't wait!! :goodvibes

aything we can do to help!!

Hi we are staying at the BWV for the first time in April. Do all Studios have balconies? And are they open balconies or walled? Thank you this thread has been a lifesaver! Oh and can you add our trip April 21-29, Thans:flower3:

Just wanted to say, only 27 more days until our trip. It will be my youngest daughter's first stay club level and my very experienced 4 yr. old granddaughter offered to teach her everything about the lounge!!

This thread is incredible!! How did I miss this until now? I love that so much information is all in one place! We'll be back in November.

I believe all of the studios have balconies (or a patio if you're on the first floor). Some of them have waist high railings, and some of them have slats of wood on the ends to block the view of the next balcony. HTH!

I just switched to the BWI for our April ladies trip and am very excited!! Can anyone tell me, do the standard rooms all have that couch and does it open to a bed? There will be 3 of us and it would be nice if we all had our own beds :)

aything we can do to help!!

Thanks! We are all so excited to stay at the Boardwalk Villas. We showed the kids a video of the waterslide and they can't wait to go down it! Our reservation is for a preferred view, so I think we are going to request a pool view. Is it possible to request a pool view close to the lobby? I'm not too familiar with the layout of the Boardwalk Villas.

Thanks! We are all so excited to stay at the Boardwalk Villas. We showed the kids a video of the waterslide and they can't wait to go down it! Our reservation is for a preferred view, so I think we are going to request a pool view. Is it possible to request a pool view close to the lobby? I'm not too familiar with the layout of the Boardwalk Villas.

yes, you can request a poll view close to the lobby. you can also request a view of the LUNA pool (as opposed to the villas pool, which will be a long walk to the elevators)

the one time we had preferred view, we requested the Village green area. it is not a pool view... it is not a boardwalk of standard view either.

but the rooms are VERY close to the elevators, and the balconies look out on the front courtyard area in front of the lobby. we thought it was really cool! it's kind of a "semi" boardwalk view... you can see a bit of crescent lake and watch the people coming and going from the lobby or the parking lot (which you can't see! yay) to the boardwalk. we watched a bridal party, all dressed up walking out.. you see the entertainers. walking out it's pretty cool. and! we could see the tops of illuminations.

we LOVED!!! it.. hubby was actually, this time. considering requestion preferred view over boardwalk view, since there aren't a lot of boardwalk studis close to the elevators. but we went with boardwalk view. I was afraid of getting a villas pool view and having a very long walk.... hubby doesn'
t walk so well, what with his bum foot and poor vision.

Hi we are staying at the BWV for the first time in April. Do all Studios have balconies? And are they open balconies or walled? Thank you this thread has been a lifesaver! Oh and can you add our trip April 21-29, Thans:flower3:

hubby and I will be there from the 21st until check out the 27th! (after 4 nights at GF villas!)
see you at the pool!

I'm back from vacation and I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas/Hanukah. If you haven't already done so, it's time to start planning your 2015 trip to WDW!

We checked in about 15 minutes early, and they said they were running on reservation time. A few people came in for walk ins and were told ADRs only because of opening night.

We sat about five or ten minutes after our ADR time, and we were right in the first "room." For the most part, the "rooms" are divided by the open curtains and it's really the different flooring and seating thet creates the divisions, and you might not even notice if you didn't know it was supposed to be different. The kitchen and pizza oven are open and in view.

The server took over ten minutes to come to the table (I said hectic), but one of the hostesses came to table and apologized for the delay and brought our water. So that was all good. When the server came, she was very friendly (maybe a little too over-enthusiastic, but better than dour.). The wine list by the bottle and glass was large. I like Pino Grigio, and they had three different ones, and I asked if she could recommend one (I like crisp), and it was obvious she had no idea. She recommended the middle priced one, which sounded good to me! It took a while to get the wine (after the apps came), but I liked it and got a second glass of the same.

For appetizers (no pics), my wife got the caprese salad, and I got the fried calamari. Both were really good. The mozerella and tomatoes were tasty and fresh, and the calamari was light and crispy with a very interesting sauce underneath (not a dipping sauce on the side), that I would say had notes of yummy goodness, to use detailed foodie terms.

For the entrees, I got the chicken Parmesan. It's the start of any good italian place.

The pasta was fresh, and the sauce had a slight spicy kick to it. That reminds me they had bread that was baked fresh in their oven, but it was just okay and not really warm like they made it sound like it would be. The bread cut the spiciness though. The chicken parm itself was tasty and much better than what I had at Mama Melrose earlier in the week (doesn't say much!). Interestingly, the waitress said after that the breading was good for people with gluten free diets. I'm sure that will make some people very happy!

My wife had the braised beef bolognese, which the waitress recommended and she was going to get anyway.

This was the star of the show. It's hard to see, but the chunk on top is a huge piece of beef short rib or something similar. It was super tender and tasted fantastic. Very big portion, my wife (even with a lot of my help :) ) couldn't come close to finishing it.

Unfortunately we skipped dessert, since we still had a coated rice crispy treat mickey head from goofy's at downtown Disney waiting in the room for us, and we were already full.

Overall, it's hard to gauge a place by the first night, but we would definitely recommend it. We'll go again next year, without a doubt. The other food we saw looked good. The pizza was nice and fresh, even the kids pizza (two slices) looked good coming out (our seats were right by the pizza oven.). Looking forward to see how it matures, and if it can get even better. :thumbsup2. Some more pics.
So sorry that I'm so late in thanking you for your wonderful review and photos. Yours must have been an internet first and we're honored that you posted it here. It does sound like for an opening night, they did a good job and certainly won you over as a repeat customer. I'm going to post a link soon in the DINING section to your great review and wonderful photos. Thank you, psac!

I was able to get one of the framed certificates before they stopped.
They're really beautiful and it's too bad they aren't offered any longer. I also ordered one for DD the same day they stopped issuing paper certificates and I'm glad I did.

Hi BWI/BWV pros!

Welcome to the thread!

What a nice, long stay! Let us know if you have any questions.

Just wanted to say, only 27 more days until our trip. It will be my youngest daughter's first stay club level and my very experienced 4 yr. old granddaughter offered to teach her everything about the lounge!!
Your trip is even closer now! I bet DGD will take her straight to the chocolate milk;)

This thread is incredible!! How did I miss this until now? I love that so much information is all in one place! We'll be back at the Boardwalk 11/12-11/20.

I believe all of the studios have balconies (or a patio if you're on the first floor). Some of them have waist high railings, and some of them have slats of wood on the ends to block the view of the next balcony. HTH!
Where have you been? We've been here all along;). I'm glad you like the thread and I'll add your dates to the Log.

I just switched to the BWI for our April ladies trip and am very excited!! Can anyone tell me, do the standard rooms all have that couch and does it open to a bed? There will be 3 of us and it would be nice if we all had our own beds :)
Yes, all the BWI rooms have a daybed. But, the queen sleeper sofa is only available in the CL Deluxe Rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter