• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

With the discounts that came out, we were able to switch to a 1 bedroom villa for our stay! I can't wait to experience BWV and be in Disney again!! :) We are planning a pretty laid back vacation, which we are all soooo ready for!! :) Only 80 more days!!!

We just found out we are expecting and decided to change some travel plans around. We will be at BWI in a deluxe cl room may 28-june 2. We love it there! Can't wait :)
Congratulations!!

Leaving soon for FL :hyper:. I will try to post some BW photos next week even though I'm staying at CR. Let me know if there's anything specific you need to see, other than in-room or CL photos;)

10 days until check in to villas for first BWV stay. Have BW view and requested refurb room. Hoping to get

Anything not to miss at Boardwalk?

Can't wait to sit on balcony with a bottle of wine and watch the BW after a long day at the park!!
I'd suggest making sure to catch some of the buskers who perform nightly on the BW near Flying Fish. If it's raining, they perform in the lobby.

We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn in September 2015. It will be my husband, me and our 3 year old daughter. This is my husbands 1st trip to Disney. I keep telling him he doesn't get it. He says he isn't an amusement park guy and he is going to hang out at the pool and go to the ESPN. I tell him Disney is not a week long trip to Six Flags. Last year me and mom took my daughter, and nothing compares to the look on a little kid's face when they are "sprinkled" with Pixie Dust. I can't wait to go again.

I hope we love the Boardwalk and it will change my husband's idea of what Disney is. With me being a Disney veteran I wanted to stay at Riverside in one of the Princess Rooms but my husband liked the idea of the ESPN place near by and EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. He is still pushing for a Club Level Room but our travel agent quoted us like 1100.00 more for 5 nights. I thought that was absurd.
Most men love food, beer and relaxing so if you can optimize those three events, I think he'll be a happy camper who will want to come back. Oh, and don't feel bad about "leaving him behind" while you go off park hopping with the kids.

We just found out we are expecting and decided to change some travel plans around. We will be at BWI in a deluxe cl room may 28-june 2. We love it there! Can't wait :)
Congratulations!! When do you plan on taking your new addition to WDW for their first trip?

With the discounts that came out, we were able to switch to a 1 bedroom villa for our stay! I can't wait to experience BWV and be in Disney again!! :) We are planning a pretty laid back vacation, which we are all soooo ready for!! :) Only 80 more days!!!
Yippee! What a great switch!

We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn in September 2015. It will be my husband, me and our 3 year old daughter. This is my husbands 1st trip to Disney. I keep telling him he doesn't get it. He says he isn't an amusement park guy and he is going to hang out at the pool and go to the ESPN. I tell him Disney is not a week long trip to Six Flags. Last year me and mom took my daughter, and nothing compares to the look on a little kid's face when they are "sprinkled" with Pixie Dust. I can't wait to go again.

I hope we love the Boardwalk and it will change my husband's idea of what Disney is. With me being a Disney veteran I wanted to stay at Riverside in one of the Princess Rooms but my husband liked the idea of the ESPN place near by and EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. He is still pushing for a Club Level Room but our travel agent quoted us like 1100.00 more for 5 nights. I thought that was absurd.

You husband sounds like mine. We went for our first trip back in 2013. I think he thought it was going to be just some rides and then he would hang out at ESPN club and at the resort. I think he had a lot more fun that he led on, because we were throwing around vacation ideas for this year and he wanted to go back! He does enjoy going to ESPN club and watching the games while drinking a beer, but I think he really enjoyed the look of happiness and excitement on the kids' faces!! :) I think he will enjoy BW since it is close to EPCOT and DHS and can go grab a drink at ESPN Club! I hope you have a great vacation....and that he loves Disney just as much as you do!!

BWV is my favorite spot, and I like draft beer at ESPN Club as well. I enjoyed WDW before children, but the magic that hooked me was watching my dds at WDW on their first trip. At the time, my oldest dd was 3 and the younger was 15 months. My younger dd was scared of the masked characters, but my oldest dd was just in awe. All of the Disney princesses and characters were real for her, and it was Christmas day everyday with them. I've been hooked ever since. And, while we still return every year and the Disney magic changes a bit, it is still a great vacation each time.

You husband sounds like mine. We went for our first trip back in 2013. I think he thought it was going to be just some rides and then he would hang out at ESPN club and at the resort. I think he had a lot more fun that he led on, because we were throwing around vacation ideas for this year and he wanted to go back! He does enjoy going to ESPN club and watching the games while drinking a beer, but I think he really enjoyed the look of happiness and excitement on the kids' faces!! :) I think he will enjoy BW since it is close to EPCOT and DHS and can go grab a drink at ESPN Club! I hope you have a great vacation....and that he loves Disney just as much as you do!!

Just to add, IF what your sayin is true & he likes his Beer :drinking1, then also walking over to EPCOT on peaceful night and grabbing a cold one at 1 or 3 of the countries might suit him well.

Also a lil closer, is The Big River Grille too, which has reg. & micro brews too..And some fine apps...popcorn::

Congratulations!! When do you plan on taking your new addition to WDW for their first trip?

Thank you! I'm not sure yet. We waited awhile with our first out of fear but I'm not intimidated this time around. However, we picked up the flu at wdw this past dec. so I'm thinking we will wait at least six months because of timing/flu season/flu shot appropriate age.

Have a great trip! I can't wait until we return to BWI Deluxe CL from 7/29-8/4, can you please add us to the list. Thank you!:-)

Kook Do you have any pictures the area for breakfast at BWI? Also do they just have bakery? Is there a refillable mug option in this area? Lastly is there any gluten free items here? Thanks

Kook Do you have any pictures the area for breakfast at BWI? Also do they just have bakery? Is there a refillable mug option in this area? Lastly is there any gluten free items here? Thanks
They have a breakfast sandwich, breakfast bowl, and biscuits n gravy at the bakery along with pastries. I heard they are serving breakfast in Trattoria Al Forno. Someone correct if I'm wrong.

They do have a refillable mug station in the bakery and you can also get refills at the main pool bar.

I think they sell some Baby Cakes items in the bakery but not sure if they have anything else.

They have a breakfast sandwich, breakfast bowl, and biscuits n gravy at the bakery along with pastries. I heard they are serving breakfast in Trattoria Al Forno. Someone correct if I'm wrong.

They do have a refillable mug station in the bakery and you can also get refills at the main pool bar.

I think they sell some Baby Cakes items in the bakery but not sure if they have anything else.
They do have sit down breakfast at Trattoria

Very happy to report that we'll be back at BWV for our Nov. trip :goodvibes Deluxe Studio, pool/garden view. DH and I were just there earlier this month for our quick anniversary trip, our first time back since 2012 and we still love it now as much as we did then!! It's been younger DS's favorite resort since our first stay in 2010 so he's beyond thrilled :goodvibes

Our dates are 11/20-11/28 :thumbsup2

I will be staying here for the first time on 4/24&4/25. I know upgrades are not guaranteed, but I have requested Epcot View and I will be celebrating my birthday.

So. What are some upgrades you have gotten? Just curious! Thanks

Greetings Everyone - TIA for any suggestions you may have. I'm really excited to be staying the first time an Epcot-area hotel. We have stayed in the past in the Contemporary - Garden Wings and POR. First time at BWI. We reserved a standard room. However, we'd prefer not to get a view of the parking lot. In the past, I've had great luck faxing my room requests over to the room assignment team in advance of our stay in addition to making my requests on-line.

However, I've read conflicting information about the room assignment team at the BWI. 1) do they still take faxes at the BWI? 2) If yes, is the best fax number still 407-934-6000?

Again, thank you all for your suggestions.

In the past when there had been an AP discount- have there been room type exclusions? Like can I book a standard room. Planning on going late fall/early winter to see Osborne Lights (not around any holiday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter