• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We arrive in a week - so excited! We have a 1BR Villa and I am bringing an air mattress so our kids will each have their own bed. I'm hoping to just bring sheets. Can anyone tell me if there is an extra blanket or pillow?

Gosh been away for a bit and the look has all changed. I guess I need to get my ticker and such figured out with this new set up. Just wanted to say the we are coming 6/8- 6/15 staying CL. Beach Club is usually our resort but looking forward to the BWI.

We arrive in a week - so excited! We have a 1BR Villa and I am bringing an air mattress so our kids will each have their own bed. I'm hoping to just bring sheets. Can anyone tell me if there is an extra blanket or pillow?

If I remember correctly, there is a thin blanket at the top of the closet, but there isn't actually extra sheets. And no extra pillows. You can request them brought to the room, but they should actually charge you for them if it's a DVC stay. I forget what the charge is, but it might be worth it just for the extra comfort. It shouldn't be too crazy. Enjoy your stay!

We bring our own sheets, and use the blanket in the closet. There are two pillows on the sofa bed that we split up, but if you have 3 kids then you may be short one pillow. Hmm, I am trying to think, there is a large plastic zipper bag in the closet, it might actually have a pillow in with the blanket, but I can't remember now.

Hello all! Please add us to the list. This is our second trip to BWI Club level!! We loved it so much!! We are returning November 14 - 21!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!:yay:

We arrive Monday for our first CL trip ever & first stay at BWI.
Have a great trip, Eeyore's My Favorite! Please post when you get back, and tell us all how your trip went. We're booked for BWI CL this July...we haven't stayed at BWI before, so looking forward to hearing about it!

And First timer, please tell us the things you love most about BWI CL....getting so excited for our trip!
Thanks!pixiedust:

Are there some rooms at BWI that do NOT have the chest of drawers? If so, would you know what rooms? We really need the extra drawer space and I don't want to request an area that could possibly put us in one of those rooms. Thanks.

Well I finally made up my mind and switched my reservation for next week to a garden room/suite - Club Level. After looking at the pictures of the room, the resort, and what the resort had to offer I knew that this was exactly what I was looking for. Plus no foot traffic/noise right outside your door real late at night or real early in the morning. I still have that little bit of did I make the right choice or not going on in my head, but I'm sure once I'm at BWI, I will have nothing but a good time.

Last edited:
Gosh been away for a bit and the look has all changed. I guess I need to get my ticker and such figured out with this new set up. Just wanted to say the we are coming 6/8- 6/15 staying CL. Beach Club is usually our resort but looking forward to the BWI.

Same dates as us (also BWI CL), see you there!!

Sorry if I missed the answer on this but have all the BWV rooms been refurbished? If not, do you know when they are planning to be done?

Thanks!

We brought an aero bed when we stayed at BWVs in a one bedroom. I brought sheets with me. There is an extra blanket in the closet. We had so many pillows on the king bed that it was easy to split them up. If you're afraid the floor sleeper might get chilly, you can always just bring an addtl blanket with you.

Sorry if I missed the answer on this but have all the BWV rooms been refurbished? If not, do you know when they are planning to be done?

Thanks!

As far as I know they were only working on the 5th floor about a month ago.
Anxious for the answer myself as we arrive in 20 days! :yay:

I check into a studio in 10 days :dancer: I'm hoping for a refurbed one, I did ask for a high floor so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'll report back what I learn about how far along they are.

So my first stay is on 4/24, any tips or anything I should know? Lol
Yep! Relax and enjoy... For this place is A M A Z I N G !!! So much to do and see...Nightlife & atmosphere on the BW is awsome, and so many restaurants all within walking distance, & including EPCOT too...The boat is a nice perk as well. Fireworks via Illuminations can be seen from here as well...

Just remember, { F.E.A.R. the CLOWN } LoL...J/k

Same dates as us (also BWI CL), see you there!!

We will be there with you for most of the week. Traveling 6/7 to 6/14 and also staying BWI CL. Just wanted to add that my Dad will be with us and he, too, is a Pitt Panther Fan. Mostly basketball, but he has been to several bowl games for Pitt football. You will likely see him with a Pitt hat or shirt throughout the week. :-)

Reactions: RCP
We returned Easter from a wonderful stay at CR/Tower. I utterly failed, however, to take photos at BWI/BWV (bad thread hostess). The couple of times we were at Epcot, I couldn't make it over from there to take photos. Our arrival day we did walk from DHS to Epcot (BWI looked great!), but I didn't have my camera because all our luggage was with Bell Services because our room wasn't ready. DD and I are booked for August though, so I'll be sure to make a trip over from Poly to take more photos.

Here is the current BB which can be found hiding inside the Be Our Guest Guide that will be hidden inside a folder. The folder is given to guests at check-in or is placed in the room.

BB2015.jpg

BB2015-1.jpg

It's cut-off, but DVC is -35%:
BB2015-2.jpg

All the non-DVC laundry rooms are converting over to a credit card-only system. The WL laundry was closed and in-process of converting last week. The CR laundry was already completed and I took these photos there. I don't know the status of the BWI laundry room.
IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Have a great trip! I can't wait until we return to BWI Deluxe CL from 7/29-8/4, can you please add us to the list. Thank you!:-)
I'd be happy to add you and what a great room!

Kook Do you have any pictures the area for breakfast at BWI? Also do they just have bakery? Is there a refillable mug option in this area? Lastly is there any gluten free items here? Thanks

There are photos of Belle Vue lounge in the DINING section of the thread and more information on drink refill locations.

Very happy to report that we'll be back at BWV for our Nov. trip :goodvibes Deluxe Studio, pool/garden view. DH and I were just there earlier this month for our quick anniversary trip, our first time back since 2012 and we still love it now as much as we did then!! It's been younger DS's favorite resort since our first stay in 2010 so he's beyond thrilled :goodvibes

Our dates are 11/20-11/28 :thumbsup2
That's great that DS is so excited. I'll log your dates in POST 1.

I will be staying here for the first time on 4/24&4/25. I know upgrades are not guaranteed, but I have requested Epcot View and I will be celebrating my birthday.

So. What are some upgrades you have gotten? Just curious! Thanks
We haven't been upgraded at BWI, but if you booked a Standard View room then the possibilities are a BWV or CL room. Of course, there are some suites, too;). The chances of being upgraded are much better when you have a very short stay, like yours.

Greetings Everyone - TIA for any suggestions you may have. I'm really excited to be staying the first time an Epcot-area hotel. We have stayed in the past in the Contemporary - Garden Wings and POR. First time at BWI. We reserved a standard room. However, we'd prefer not to get a view of the parking lot. In the past, I've had great luck faxing my room requests over to the room assignment team in advance of our stay in addition to making my requests on-line.

However, I've read conflicting information about the room assignment team at the BWI. 1) do they still take faxes at the BWI? 2) If yes, is the best fax number still 407-934-6000?

Again, thank you all for your suggestions.
Faxed requests are discouraged. Simply add your request to your reservation by phone and/or, if applicable, choose an OCI request that fits yours. With a Standard View room you have the possibility of a canal, garden or Epcot view so I would request one of those to limit your chances of getting a parking lot view out front.

In the past when there had been an AP discount- have there been room type exclusions? Like can I book a standard room. Planning on going late fall/early winter to see Osborne Lights (not around any holiday).
Standard View rooms have been offered in the past as well as BWV and CL. Some categories have more rooms available than others with discounts so best to call or go online as soon as they are released.

You'll be close to BC, but the atmosphere at BWI is a little calmer and more relaxed. I'll log your dates in the BoardWalk Bulletin.

Hello all! Please add us to the list. This is our second trip to BWI Club level!! We loved it so much!! We are returning November 14 - 21!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!:yay:
So you're now a second timer?! I'd be happy to add your dates and welcome back!

We arrive Monday for our first CL trip ever & first stay at BWI.
It won't be long now and I bet everyone is so excited! Happy travels.

Are there some rooms at BWI that do NOT have the chest of drawers? If so, would you know what rooms? We really need the extra drawer space and I don't want to request an area that could possibly put us in one of those rooms. Thanks.
They all have a chest of drawers so no worries.

Well I finally made up my mind and switched my reservation for next week to a garden room/suite - Club Level. After looking at the pictures of the room, the resort, and what the resort had to offer I knew that this was exactly what I was looking for. Plus no foot traffic/noise right outside your door real late at night or real early in the morning. I still have that little bit of did I make the right choice or not going on in my head, but I'm sure once I'm at BWI, I will have nothing but a good time.

So you're not in the Deluxe room at WL anymore? I recommended over on the WL thread that you consider the King room there instead of the Deluxe with two queens, so the king room at BWI will be perfect. I think you made a great choice and let us know how you liked it.

Returning to BWI for a conference in June/girls' weekend! Interesting that the general summer discount rate was better than the AP rate for our stay. Have only stayed CL at BWI, and booked in regular standard room this time. Wondering whether it makes sense to add any room requests. We usually request boardwalk view/close to lounge, but neither of those is relevant this time. Although it would be great to have a decent view.

@WDWKOOK , Thank you for posting the Bounceback offer! Already planning a long weekend to WL in December. And our trip is not for another 2 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter