• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I apologize for not multi-quoting. Some DISboard changes have gotten me distracted.

If anyone is wondering about the thread title change, I did not change the title of this thread. As far as I'm concerned, this thread remains a resort information thread and not a "social club." More information on title changes and the moving of resort threads is being discussed HERE.

Can it be a resort information thread and a social club? I really don't know what I'm talking about as I didn't click on the link. I'm not too overly impressed with the new boards, but no one asked me.

Can it be a resort information thread and a social club? I really don't know what I'm talking about as I didn't click on the link. I'm not too overly impressed with the new boards, but no one asked me.
Lots of changes, but happily we are back to normal as of last evening. Check the thread title, no more club. It's all good. :goodvibes

I am very disappointed to learn about the repairs. I would never have booked at BWI if I had known. We spend a lot of time at the resort. We will be checking in 10/11. I don't like to see or hear the noise. I have a very hectic daily schedule and am in need of some real down time.

We are booked in a standard room. What will be the best location to not see construction?
Is there any way we can ask to be moved to the YC/BC either now or when we checked in?
We have a room only booked.
What repairs? I thought the Boardwalk Inn had been recently refurbished, I have a room booked for next month.

I am very disappointed to learn about the repairs. I would never have booked at BWI if I had known. We spend a lot of time at the resort. We will be checking in 10/11. I don't like to see or hear the noise. I have a very hectic daily schedule and am in need of some real down time.

We are booked in a standard room. What will be the best location to not see construction?
Is there any way we can ask to be moved to the YC/BC either now or when we checked in?
We have a room only booked.

I'm going to assume you mean a Standard VIEW room. That category offers every possible view, with the exception of a direct BoardWalk View. Last week, @psac posted photos of the exterior work that's being done at BWI. Currently, it's on the BoardWalk, near BWV rooms. They are doing some painting and repairs, but only during the day and then the equipment is moved away from the exterior, (see psac's photos a few pages back). It shouldn't really be noisy at all, unless they're using power tools.

The interior room work might mostly be confined to the 4th floor (CL), but I'm not positive about this. All of the non-CL rooms are being re-designated CL rooms. Ten have been completed. It's not known yet if all the rest might be converted to another room-type and hence, the construction. No one on this thread has reported any noise associated with any of this work - yet.

Usually, if any resort work is intrusive, the resort's GM will send a letter to registered guests, like at WL and Poly, for example. I don't think any BWI guests have received these letter so I wouldn't be concerned about these projects. As far as YC/BC, BC just finished a room rehab and it was speculated that the YC room rehab would start as soon as that was finished. I don't think any YC room rehab has begun yet, but in theory, it could begin at any time.

What repairs? I thought the Boardwalk Inn had been recently refurbished, I have a room booked for next month.

All BWI rooms were rehabbed recently and currently the villas are undergoing refurbishment. Please see my post above yours.

Last edited:
I believe most of the interior room work will take place on the 4th floor. Are you in a Deluxe room?
We are! And Maddie (DD11 as of Monday ;) ) said NO changing LOL There you have it! 10 days until FP time!

Yesterday I sent a short note to the IPO for the Boardwalk club level requesting a room past the concierge desk, boardwalk view. I know they can't promise you a room but it doesn't hurt to ask. I received an e-mail back saying they had received my e-mail and that they had noted on my reservations that I wanted a fifth floor room. The BWI CL doesn't have a fifth floor does it? So I'm asking here before I answer them back and sound like an idiot. TIA.

We are! And Maddie (DD11 as of Monday ;) ) said NO changing LOL There you have it! 10 days until FP time!

Happy (belated) birthday to Miss Maddie:bday::cake::bday::cake:

IF (I don't know this for a fact) most of the activity is going to be to 4th floor rooms, than I suppose you could ask for 3rd floor since you're in a Deluxe room. Or do you prefer the same floor as the lounge? Did you make any requests?

Yesterday I sent a short note to the IPO for the Boardwalk club level requesting a room past the concierge desk, boardwalk view. I know they can't promise you a room but it doesn't hurt to ask. I received an e-mail back saying they had received my e-mail and that they had noted on my reservations that I wanted a fifth floor room. The BWI CL doesn't have a fifth floor does it? So I'm asking here before I answer them back and sound like an idiot. TIA.

Oh, my. Nope, no 5th floor Club Level rooms at BWI. The IPO for BWI is the same group as for YC/BC and they have a 5th floor CL. It's possible they got confused and thought you were staying at YC/BC. You just need to reiterate that you want a BWI room that's inside/within the Innkeeper's Club door.

Effective today, 4 October 2015, Tables in Wonderland membership cost increased by $50:
Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 9.53.19 AM.png

IF (I don't know this for a fact) most of the activity is going to be to 4th floor rooms, than I suppose you could ask for 3rd floor since you're in a Deluxe room. Or do you prefer the same floor as the lounge? Did you make any requests?

Oh, my. Nope, no 5th floor Club Level rooms at BWI. The IPO for BWI is the same group as for YC/BC and they have a 5th floor CL. It's possible they got confused and thought you were staying at YC/BC. You just need to reiterate that you want a BWI room that's inside/within the Innkeeper's Club door.
Thank you KOOK. I sent them another e-mail and you are correct they had mistakenly thought I was staying at the BC. All taken care of now but they had me going for a minute.

Effective today, 4 October 2015, Tables in Wonderland membership cost increased by $50:
View attachment 127062

Yikes! That's a big bump, not often do you have a 50% increase, but considering it used to be $75 a year or two ago, it's doubled since then! For us it will still pay off, especially since our next one will cover two full trips (Dec 2015 and Dec 2016). But it still stinks to have to pay an extra $50.

Photo pass downloads on the AP is a nice bonus, we'll definitely get more pics taken now.

We're staying here for the first time on Oct 22-24, CL standard room. We're also celebrating our twin boys' 5th birthday during this visit. Would love to meet fellow DISers :wave:

DH and I just came back from another awesome weekend at the Boardwalk! This hotel has stolen our hearts, that used to belong to the Poly!
We did not see or hear any construction (not saying there isn't any) and we spent lots of time enjoying the pools and the Boardwalk.
We had a standard room (got our request for a king bed).
Was the perfect location to enjoy our first Food&Wine.
Will be back again soon, with the kids too. :)

I'm looking for pics of refurbished rooms...anyone have a link? I looked at beginning of thread and did I miss it??? I'm specifically looking to see a studio room. And actually are the refurbishments all done? We go in December. A little noise doesn't bother me more just hoping to get a new refurb room Thanks All

I'm looking for pics of refurbished rooms...anyone have a link? I looked at beginning of thread and did I miss it??? I'm specifically looking to see a studio room. And actually are the refurbishments all done? We go in December. A little noise doesn't bother me more just hoping to get a new refurb room Thanks All
The BWV rehab info. and link to new Studio photos is at the beginning of the BWV chapter HERE. All the chapters are hyperlinked in POST 1. The rehab is due to be completed by November so if it's on schedule, it should be done before you're there:)

Along with Annual Pass major changes, including, of course, a substantial price hike also...but will now include Photo Pass downloads...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/

They're about $100 more per AP, but yes, they do include PP downloads…whether you want them or not:upsidedow

Thank you KOOK. I sent them another e-mail and you are correct they had mistakenly thought I was staying at the BC. All taken care of now but they had me going for a minute.

Glad you got it all straightened out:)

Yikes! That's a big bump, not often do you have a 50% increase, but considering it used to be $75 a year or two ago, it's doubled since then! For us it will still pay off, especially since our next one will cover two full trips (Dec 2015 and Dec 2016). But it still stinks to have to pay an extra $50.

Photo pass downloads on the AP is a nice bonus, we'll definitely get more pics taken now.

Big bump indeed and don't forget about those new 2015 TS blackouts:sad2:

We're staying here for the first time on Oct 22-24, CL standard room. We're also celebrating our twin boys' 5th birthday during this visit. Would love to meet fellow DISers :wave:

Congratulations and welcome to the thread! I have a log where I put posters' dates at the end of POST 1. Here are the current DISers who overlap with your stay. Maybe you can plan a little DIS-Meet:)

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 3.49.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 3.49.33 PM.png

DH and I just came back from another awesome weekend at the Boardwalk! This hotel has stolen our hearts, that used to belong to the Poly!
We did not see or hear any construction (not saying there isn't any) and we spent lots of time enjoying the pools and the Boardwalk.
We had a standard room (got our request for a king bed).
Was the perfect location to enjoy our first Food&Wine.
Will be back again soon, with the kids too. :)

Sounds like you had a great stay and I hope you get to book your next WDW vacation soon:)

Last edited:

I think I did request close to lounge. Hmmm I can try to reach out closet to the trip. I'm sure it will be okay. I really want to be able to look out on the balcony without seeing construction lol. The kids are jazzed about BWI and keep asking about the snack room so as long as I don't ch ch change all is good :) thank you for the birthday wishes, little Brian just turned 7 last Thursday. He shares a birthday with WDW how cool is that??

They're about $100 more per AP, but yes, they do include PP downloads…whether you want them or not:upsidedow

Glad you got it all straightened out:)

Big bump indeed and don't forget about those new 2015 TS blackouts:sad2:

Congratulations and welcome to the thread! I have a log where I put posters' dates at the end of POST 1. Here are the current DISers who overlap with your stay. Maybe you can plan a little DIS-Meet:)

View attachment 127199
View attachment 127200

Sounds like you had a great stay and I hope you get to book your next WDW vacation soon:)
Add us too please. Me and DD 11/11-14.(Although she leaves the 13th and dh arrives then.) Taking a Disney institute class on the 12th :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter