• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We arrive on April 14th. Very concerned with the construction. Not so much the scaffolding, etc but the noise. For those of you there now (or arriving soon), please keep us posted on the progress. Hoping things will quiet down in the next 5 weeks. Wishful thinking?
I would like to know this too. Especially around June.

I would like to know this too. Especially around June.
I will put in my opinion here for what it's worth. I really think the outside painting will be done by June. In just the week that we stayed they were moving right along with it. and you could really see a day to day change . The work inside the Flying Fish ,arcade, etc. may not be finished yet but I would think that the loud construction (demo) work would be done and they would just be doing the finishing touches by June. They have large black coverings over the inside of the windows so you can't see inside while they work. I have to say I was really concerned when I saw all the scaffolding up in pictures the week before we left but that was already completed by the time we arrived. The sanding and jackhammering while not high on my lists of sounds during vacation only went on after 9:00 am on weekdays and the day we left( March 3) all was quiet, so maybe they had wrapped that up. From someone who frets and worries about all the little details I wouldn't be worried for a June trip. Have a great vacation!

Hello all!

Our next trip isn't until Sept 2017 yet we are of course planning NOW! LOL. We wanted to try a new resort so far the consensus is BOARDWALK!
Like any great planner i must know ALL things Boardwalk. although i am going to be honest and tell you the clown pool scares the bejesus out of me.

I hope you don't mind answering several questions i am sure has been asked countless times. (Sorry i am going to be lazy and not read all 139 pages!) yet I did read over the first page several times and drooled over all the pictures.

What advice would you give a family of 5 -- DH, myself, and triplets who will be turning 13 during our stay. 2 big boys and one girl who is significantly smaller then her brothers!

We were hoping to have a washer and dryer in the room? I read Club level has free access to the washer and dryers (as long as you have your own detergent)

Please any and all advice is welcomed!!! HELP!

Hello all!

Our next trip isn't until Sept 2017 yet we are of course planning NOW! LOL. We wanted to try a new resort so far the consensus is BOARDWALK!
Like any great planner i must know ALL things Boardwalk. although i am going to be honest and tell you the clown pool scares the bejesus out of me.

I hope you don't mind answering several questions i am sure has been asked countless times. (Sorry i am going to be lazy and not read all 139 pages!) yet I did read over the first page several times and drooled over all the pictures.

What advice would you give a family of 5 -- DH, myself, and triplets who will be turning 13 during our stay. 2 big boys and one girl who is significantly smaller then her brothers!

We were hoping to have a washer and dryer in the room? I read Club level has free access to the washer and dryers (as long as you have your own detergent)

While not new to WDW nor staying CL...we are relative newbies to the BWI and all that it has to offer...but will say that we truly loved out two recent BWI stays :thumbsup2..and have another stay there booked for our next trip :lovestruc....love strolling on the BW...and thru the Screen Door...talk about a collection of shops that has a bit of everything...Evening entertainment out on the BW is such fun too...bet all of your kids will enjoy that...and despite that scary clown...a very cool pool area..and slide...Oh and..let me not forget the delicious fluffy frozen adult beverages at BW Joe's! :drinking1 A must try!! Yum!

Sorry no help from me on the washer /dryer situation...no laundry on vacay for this family...lol...I am sure that someone in the know will come along with an answer tho...Folks on this thread are very helpful....:goodvibes

One tip though...the hallways are very long..and for convenience sake with kids I would def request a room close to the lounge....

Have a great trip! :wizard:

Just letting you all know that the MB is now offered in purple. My dh and I are getting these for July since we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary and purple was our wedding color.

So excited! Now I just need to wait for July to get here.

Woohoo!!! We will be sporting PURPLE this summer too!!! :rainbow:

We were just there, and we didn't have the purple, but the magic bands themselves actually seemed different. They seem lighter and more flexible and a little cheaper. Ironically, though, I think that's a good thing. The old ones always seemed a little too rigid and didn't form a good circle around the wrist. No longer the case with the new ones, I thought they felt a lot more natural!

I felt the same way about the MBs that we had for our last trip...MBs were thinner..and more flexible...and felt far more comfortable....:thumbsup2

Hello all!

Like any great planner i must know ALL things Boardwalk. although i am going to be honest and tell you the clown pool scares the bejesus out of me

That slide is THE BEST on WDW property.

I hope you don't mind answering several questions i am sure has been asked countless times. (Sorry i am going to be lazy and not read all 139 pages!) yet I did read over the first page several times and drooled over all the pictures.!

No need to read all 139 pages. My advice would be to carefully read the 1st page of this thread, and don't just look at the pictures. Everything you could possibly need to know to have a magical stay at Boardwalk is there. In fact your below question would be answered on page #1.

We were hoping to have a washer and dryer in the room?!

Then you would have to book a 1br DVC Villa.

I read Club level has free access to the washer and dryers (as long as you have your own detergent)!

No, only those staying in one of the Boardwalk Villas have free access to Washers and Dryers.

See above. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

Heading Home twice this fall!

September 22-26th is a SURPRISE trip for my twin daughters! I've book 2 studios...one for us and one for their best friend and her Mother. (Who is also a close friend of mine) They have no clue!

Then...

0ctober 20-26 (split stay actually 20-22 at OKW...22-26 BWV Boardwalk view for the first time! So excited! )
I'm going with my hubby and our close friends...all adults at F&W. Yes please!

Couldn't be happier with our DVC purchases!

@BlueSkies... Yay for purple! I can't wait to see it in person. The purple looks so pretty on the website.:)

@Chicago Mo... I used the washers and dryers for the first time last July. We were on the 3rd floor and there was a laundry room on that floor near the elevators. I'm not sure if they have them on each floor though since you will be CL and that's on the 4th floor. It was 2.50 each wash and dry. Not sure if that price is still accurate though.

::yes:: The IG entrance is so terrific. I like to slow down and watch the boat spin around to dock. But, the best is watching Illuminations and then exiting the IG back to the BWV and no mass transportation.

DVC infidelity? :lmao: I figures that would be staying at Cabana Bay Resort. :rotfl:

We enjoyed HDDR and Akershus as well. We are eating at Rose n Crown first time this trip in my plan to eat at all the TS restaurants around the WS.

We thought Rose and Crown was good, but unexceptional. We're also not beer drinkers, so that might temper our view. It certainly wasn't bad by any means! Biergarten is on our list for the next BW trip. We haven't tried that one yet! (see above about not being beer drinkers. :) )

We thought Rose and Crown was good, but unexceptional. We're also not beer drinkers, so that might temper our view. It certainly wasn't bad by any means! Biergarten is on our list for the next BW trip. We haven't tried that one yet! (see above about not being beer drinkers. :) )

Biergarten was good, but not my favorite as that isn't my preferred cuisine. Lots of options on the buffet and German music entertainment. We have a local German restaurant about an hour away that we may hit once a year.

I guess my favorite so far would be Via Napoli as I really enjoy pizza and beer. I would like some carbs with a side or carbs. :lmao:

First I want to say thank you for replying!

While not new to WDW nor staying CL...we are relative newbies to the BWI and all that it has to offer...but will say that we truly loved out two recent BWI stays :thumbsup2..and have another stay there booked for our next trip :lovestruc....love strolling on the BW...and thru the Screen Door...talk about a collection of shops that has a bit of everything...Evening entertainment out on the BW is such fun too...bet all of your kids will enjoy that...and despite that scary clown...a very cool pool area..and slide...Oh and..let me not forget the delicious fluffy frozen adult beverages at BW Joe's! :drinking1 A must try!! Yum!

I am so excited to stay here! Everything looks just so fun. This is the kids first choice!!
I did see they have a margarita cart?!?! ALL over it!

Sorry no help from me on the washer /dryer situation...no laundry on vacay for this family...lol...I am sure that someone in the know will come along with an answer tho...Folks on this thread are very helpful....:goodvibes

I wish i didn't have too. But after a while boys socks need to be washed! LOL.

One tip though...the hallways are very long..and for convenience sake with kids I would def request a room close to the lounge....

Great advice!

Have a great trip! :wizard:

Thank you!!

That slide is THE BEST on WDW property.

A blackhawks fan!
I am sure it is. WHY did it have to be a CLOWN? With GLOWING EYES?

No need to read all 139 pages. My advice would be to carefully read the 1st page of this thread, and don't just look at the pictures. Everything you could possibly need to know to have a magical stay at Boardwalk is there. In fact your below question would be answered on page #1.

I have read it several times and apparently i am a wee bit daft.. Yet i was very confused in the room types.

Then you would have to book a 1br DVC Villa.

That's what i figured.

No, only those staying in one of the Boardwalk Villas have free access to Washers and Dryers.

AH HA! Thank you!

See above. :thumbsup2

Thanks again!!

@Chicago Mo... I used the washers and dryers for the first time last July. We were on the 3rd floor and there was a laundry room on that floor near the elevators. I'm not sure if they have them on each floor though since you will be CL and that's on the 4th floor. It was 2.50 each wash and dry. Not sure if that price is still accurate though.

We have used the washers and dryers in the other resorts they are all about the same price. Just thought it would be LOADS easier to be able to do it in our room for once I know i sound like a whiny brat. But having boys they can smell pretty bad.. their dirty laundry can out smell a zoo.

Thank you again for all your advice! My Husband and i watched several you tube videos on Boardwalk all side and room types.. I am AMAZED by the presidential suite! WOW!

We like Rose & Crown, just ate there on Sunday. It has one of the best views for Illuminations, if you're lucky enough to get an outside table.

Joining in! We are booked for October 20-25! F&W YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome @Teetah! I'll log your dates and have fun planning for F&W.

A little OT, but not really. We diverted from BWV this trip and are staying at a studio in the Polynesian. It may become my second favorite resort. While we have a spectacular view and the convenience to the TTC is great, it makes me appreciate the Boardwalk so much more. There, we're convenient to two parks and got can't beat the Boardwalk ambiance. Oh, and the split bathroom is definitely a huge plus. I'd love to see that trend continue as they build or convert more space to DVC.

Comparos are never OT!

Want to know something funny? Even though Moorea, which is the DVC building is closest to the TCT, we opted to walk and take the resort launch for something different. It was a really nice ride.

Here's our view from our balcony:

It's always fun to mix it up and love that view - thanks!

Love reading all your tips and information
I'm booked into a standard view studio 28-30 Sept for my birthday and The F&W. Never stayed here before.
Looks like a good choice

Very centrally located to wonderful resorts and parks. I'll log your happy birthday dates:)

Ironically, we're also cheating on the BW this week with a DVC studio at the Poly. :)

There are definitely positives to the Poly, but to us it pales in comparison to the BW. We would still put BW way first, and then BLT second.

One thing that is really bad with our studio is the bed. It has a wooden base with under storage drawers, instead of a box spring, and it's REALLY hard. The BW 1BR bed in Dec was sooooo much better. Do the new studios at the BW also have the wooden base? I hope not.

Some other side notes, we did Hoop Dee doo for the first time this trip, and loved it!! Definitely recommend. Also since it close to the BW, I can mention we did Akershus for the first time. Really expensive for a non-signature, but we liked the food way more than we thought we would. The princesses were fun, I can see those with kiddos really enjoying it. We thought it was better than CRT. Of course Disney world isn't just for the little ones, right? :thumbsup2
For any women whose husbands don't want to go to Disney World, just show them those pictures. :lmao:

Cheating on BWI and DW?:laughing: That bed sounds awful and that alone could ruin a vacation, but, the princesses can make you forget all about your bad back. Thanks for posting your fun photos! I think DH had the biggest smile at Akershus, too:love:

Just got home from the BWI late last night and I hope to have some time to post in the next few days. The scaffolding is down from the main tower. They are working inside the Flying Fish and painting right beside it. The rooms that look over the village green area. If you have young children and want to go back before 4:00 pm I would stay away for the next couple of weeks. The sound of loud sanders and what sounds like a jack hammer start right at 9:00 am and go off at 4:00 pm. We stayed CL in a garden room and it could be heard clearly over the TV. They are working fast though with the painting at least. All the windows around the Flying Fish are covered up so no idea what is going on inside.

Thank you for posting about your stay and letting others know about the noise situation.

Just booked BWI CL for 4/16-4/18, a quick trip for the Star Wars 1/2 Marathon. First time staying at BWI and first time at an Epcot/HS resort, always so much to learn about new resorts! Thanks to everyone who posts on this thread, so much valuable information. Just reading through it has me fired up for our stay. :):):)

Welcome! I think you'll love the central location of BWI. Hope you have a great run!

We were just there, and we didn't have the purple, but the magic bands themselves actually seemed different. They seem lighter and more flexible and a little cheaper. Ironically, though, I think that's a good thing. The old ones always seemed a little too rigid and didn't form a good circle around the wrist. No longer the case with the new ones, I thought they felt a lot more natural!

Interesting - more comfortable, but sounds like they've been "cheapened." A little OT here, but I feel lately like just about everything at WDW is either getting more expensive, smaller, lower quality and/or disappearing at a very rapid pace. UGH.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO after deciding to change my BWI CL stay to RPC for August..... I couldn't do it. Staying put with the split stay. Something about BWI that makes me want to try it!!! :grouphug: maybe all the fine peeps here :)

Testing, testing…Is this stay still on?

::yes:: The IG entrance is so terrific. I like to slow down and watch the boat spin around to dock. But, the best is watching Illuminations and then exiting the IG back to the BWV and no mass transportation.

We enjoyed HDDR and Akershus as well. We are eating at Rose n Crown first time this trip in my plan to eat at all the TS restaurants around the WS.

Felt the same way as you about the IG, but now I'm thinking it won't be so magical any longer with the addition of wanding and metal detectors:(

Just came back from BC-CL and happy to report that we are heading back home to the BWI-CL 6/4-6/10. We were hoping for May but no rooms were available.

That's the way to do it! I'll log your dates. Surprised that all of May is booked - weddings?

Woohoo!!! We will be sporting PURPLE this summer too!!!

Another for purple?! Sounds like they're going to run out. Well, I guess I'll have to get sad Grey:laughing:

Heading Home twice this fall!

September 22-26th is a SURPRISE trip for my twin daughters! I've book 2 studios...one for us and one for their best friend and her Mother. (Who is also a close friend of mine) They have no clue!

Then...

0ctober 20-26 (split stay actually 20-22 at OKW...22-26 BWV Boardwalk view for the first time! So excited! )
I'm going with my hubby and our close friends...all adults at F&W. Yes please!

Couldn't be happier with our DVC purchases!

How sweet of you to book a room for your DF and you have an adults-only trip, too. What fun! I'll add your dates:)

I guess my favorite so far would be Via Napoli as I really enjoy pizza and beer. I would like some carbs with a side or carbs. :lmao:

HAHA! And, don't forget the nachos!

The BWI CL stay is still a go, and holding strong.....for me ;) The RPC stay may move to Poly (or back to all BWI :) )

Stay strong...you CAN do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? I think....lol...:goodvibes::yes:::wizard:

I've always admired your flexibility;)

Me too.....

psac, AirGoofy & gometros Love all of the dining feed back..since I enjoy hanging around over here on the resort boards mostly..:thumbsup2 and being at an Epcot resort..we really do tend to venture into Epcot for more meals ( as do most I suspect) .. I have a good friend who always books R&C particularly for the outdoor viewing..so its something that we are considering....and I think that Biergarten is such a fun festive restaurant to include every couple of trips....We are including Le Cellier this trip...its been a while...and I will be sure to come back and share our experience there....also going to dine at Trattoria al Forno....just reading the menu makes my mouth water...Well..no matter where we stay...its always about the food....:thumbsup2 popcorn:::mickeybar..(there really are not many food related smilies...lol)

Chicago Mo You are very welcome! :goodvibes

Felt the same way as you about the IG, but now I'm thinking it won't be so magical any longer with the addition of wanding and metal detectors:(
s!

I'm looking forward to the wanding. It might be a surprise cheap thrill before the rest of the park. :lmao:

psac, AirGoofy & gometros Love all of the dining feed back..since I enjoy hanging around over here on the resort boards mostly..:thumbsup2 and being at an Epcot resort..we really do tend to venture into Epcot for more meals ( as do most I suspect) .. I have a good friend who always books R&C particularly for the outdoor viewing..so its something that we are considering....and I think that Biergarten is such a fun festive restaurant to include every couple of trips....We are including Le Cellier this trip...its been a while...and I will be sure to come back and share our experience there....also going to dine at Trattoria al Forno....just reading the menu makes my mouth water...Well..no matter where we stay...its always about the food....:thumbsup2 popcorn:::mickeybar..(there really are not many food related smilies...lol)

Yes, the food is part of the Disney vacation magic. We have somehow missed Spoodles and Kouzzina, but may try Trattoria one day. I don't know if it's the location or just that there are so many other good choices there. We usually try some new ones and still return to some favorites each trip.

In case anyone is interested, I just saw this over on the DVC Resorts board regarding the Screen Door:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/changes-at-bw-screen-door.3490827/

The groceries have moved to the right, in front of checkout. The curtained off area will house cookies, fudge that used to be at Seashore Sweets. Projected ready date: mid-April.

For what it is worth, I asked the ESPN beer vendor, who was working right next to the construction at the old ESPN Arcade and he says that ice cream is going in there. I hope so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter