• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Page 3 Boardwalk Buddies, no way! I have to get us back on page 1!!! 8 days to go my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear the construction isn't an issue right now, I am not a huge fan of construction (Kook can remember my RPC change on site to WL I'm sure). But DH needs his BWI stay. Hope everyone has a Hoppy Easter! Now for a single digit dance :dogdance::dogdance::dumbo::mickeyjum:goofy::tigger::figment::stitch:

Does anyone know how much of an issue the parking is if you're guest? Per the WDW website:

Sorry for the Inconvenience!
Due to limited parking availability at Disney's BoardWalk Inn, we highly recommend that all Disney Resort hotel Guests take advantage of our complimentary transportation options. Be advised that self-parking may not be available for Guests arriving in their own vehicles—valet parking may be the only option. Guests visiting Epcot are encouraged to utilize the Epcot Guest Parking Lot.

This part in particular:

Be advised that self-parking may not be available for Guests arriving in their own vehicles—valet parking may be the only option.

Really? I certainly don't want to have to budget for valet parking. Is this really a problem for BWI/BWV guests? When we were there 2 years ago, I don't remember parking being too much of problem (at least at the times we were needing it) -- has something changed?

Hi everyone! We are planning a last minute trip in May and decided to do a split stay - AoA and BWI. Have never stayed at either resort. In fact, BWI will be our first deluxe. We've only done POP and Port Orleans. We LOVE Hollywood Studios, so I'm excited about the location! I don't really have a question right now. Just wanted to say Hi! And I'm going back and reading a bunch of old posts on this thread. :)

Page 3 Boardwalk Buddies, no way! I have to get us back on page 1!!! 8 days to go my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are a day behind you. Looking forward to arriving after the Spring Break madness has ended.

Does anyone know how much of an issue the parking is if you're guest? Per the WDW website:
?

I think that is the new disclaimer. Now, it may be packed during NCAA tournament and Sundays during NFL season for everyone going to ESPN Club. If you arrive one of those days, then you may have to valet park, but could self park the next day.

Hi everyone! We are planning a last minute trip in May and decided to do a split stay - AoA and BWI. Have never stayed at either resort. In fact, BWI will be our first deluxe. We've only done POP and Port Orleans. We LOVE Hollywood Studios, so I'm excited about the location! I don't really have a question right now. Just wanted to say Hi! And I'm going back and reading a bunch of old posts on this thread. :)

:wave: We stayed at SSR for our first deluxe resort. We liked it so much that we bought dvc. We like BWV even more that that. It is a wonderful resort in a terrific location - easy park access, nighttime entertainment, and still some quiet spots.

We will have a short trip coming up the Friday and Saturday before Memorial Day. We are booked at the Beach Club (which we've stayed at before and love), but lately I've been thinking it would be nice to try something new. The Boardwalk looks so charming and the pool looks fun for us and the kids (we have a 10 and 7 year). Do you guys think I should switch our resorts? Anything I should know about the Boardwalk? TIA!

We will have a short trip coming up the Friday and Saturday before Memorial Day. We are booked at the Beach Club (which we've stayed at before and love), but lately I've been thinking it would be nice to try something new. The Boardwalk looks so charming and the pool looks fun for us and the kids (we have a 10 and 7 year). Do you guys think I should switch our resorts? Anything I should know about the Boardwalk? TIA!

BWI is our favorite WDW Resort, so I would say yes! Everything you could possibly need to know is on page #1 of this thread.

Yahoo! I just booked a long weekend for DH and me at BWI toward the end of May. He is going to be in South Carolina with a friend the week before and I mentioned that Disney was only an 8 hour drive from there, so . . . He bought it -- hook, line, and sinker. As some of you know, DH is not a big Disney guy. I usually travel with DD. At the same time, he knows that Disney is what preserves my sanity. Because DD and I already have a late August and a pre-Christmas trip booked, I will be flipping my PH into an AP and got the AP rate for BWI for this quick trip in May. Can you tell I'm excited? :flower1::yay: I also got a great fare on my Delta flight. It's like this was meant to be . . .

Now, does anyone have the Magical Express reservation link? I've tried the one I had in my favorites and it is not working. Gracias!

We are a day behind you. Looking forward to arriving after the Spring Break madness has ended.
I'm hoping it's not horrible. I've never been there during spring break. Our school system is on break next week. Maybe we shall run into each other :)

I think that is the new disclaimer. Now, it may be packed during NCAA tournament and Sundays during NFL season for everyone going to ESPN Club. If you arrive one of those days, then you may have to valet park, but could self park the next day.

No major events during our dates, so I guess I won't worry about it. Thanks.

I'm hoping it's not horrible. I've never been there during spring break. Our school system is on break next week. Maybe we shall run into each other :)

We are supposed to be clear. This week and next week (Easter week) are peak times and busier. We should be arriving as everyone else is leaving. If we find each other, we can post a picture. We are doing parks everyday this trip, which is more than I prefer to do. You may find be asleep outside somewhere from exhaustion.

Last edited:
Arriving on July 14 for the 2nd half of a split in a 1br Pool/garden view. Any idea what to expect re: construction in hotel and actual boardwalk during this time?

I'm sorry if this has been asked...and I did look at the online menus provided but didn't see the answer...

Does anyone happen to know what time the food kiosks on the Boardwalk stay open until?

Wondering if I should grab the kids a bite to eat at the airport before getting on ME. Our flight isn't due to land until 6 pm.
They aren't little ones...so they could certainly wait (and probably would prefer to!) until we checked in...just want to be sure there will be something open to make that choice.
I'd rather not make an ADR in case of delays so the little stands would be perfect! Plus they LOVE Coney Island Chris!

Thanks all!

We are supposed to be clear. This week and next week (Easter week) are peak times and busier. We should be arriving as everyone else is leaving. If we find each other, we can post a picture. We are doing parks everyday this trip, which is more than I prefer to do. You may find be asleep outside somewhere from exhaustion.
I'm good with arriving as everyone leaves :) I told my DH that too, he wants to make the most out of it and stay up late. My guess is we will nap on the bench by test track headed under the monorail track. That's our people watching spot :)

Yahoo! I just booked a long weekend for DH and me at BWI toward the end of May. He is going to be in South Carolina with a friend the week before and I mentioned that Disney was only an 8 hour drive from there, so . . . He bought it -- hook, line, and sinker. As some of you know, DH is not a big Disney guy. I usually travel with DD. At the same time, he knows that Disney is what preserves my sanity. Because DD and I already have a late August and a pre-Christmas trip booked, I will be flipping my PH into an AP and got the AP rate for BWI for this quick trip in May. Can you tell I'm excited? :flower1::yay: I also got a great fare on my Delta flight. It's like this was meant to be . . .

Now, does anyone have the Magical Express reservation link? I've tried the one I had in my favorites and it is not working. Gracias!
I meant to post this yesterday, sorry :) https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/ You should get a confirmation email right away, followed up with an official "You're all set" type of email a day or two later!

I'm sorry if this has been asked...and I did look at the online menus provided but didn't see the answer...

Does anyone happen to know what time the food kiosks on the Boardwalk stay open until?

Wondering if I should grab the kids a bite to eat at the airport before getting on ME. Our flight isn't due to land until 6 pm.
They aren't little ones...so they could certainly wait (and probably would prefer to!) until we checked in...just want to be sure there will be something open to make that choice.
I'd rather not make an ADR in case of delays so the little stands would be perfect! Plus they LOVE Coney Island Chris!

Thanks all!

If your flight lands at 6:00 pm, you'll be fine waiting to get to the BW. I think the food kiosks are open until 10:00 or 11:00. You should be there before 8:00. Big River Grill is another option right there.

If your flight lands at 6:00 pm, you'll be fine waiting to get to the BW. I think the food kiosks are open until 10:00 or 11:00. You should be there before 8:00. Big River Grill is another option right there.

Thank,you so much! Appreciate it very much. :)

I thought you could only park at a resort if you are a guest of that resort.
During high volume times even guests with dining resevations are not always allowed to park there.
If there is an event at ESPN or something else do they not ask those guests to park else where ???

I have a room for mid April (star wars run weekend)
We will have three cars and do plan to park at our resort.
If there is only paid parking left will they charge resort guests ???

I thought you could only park at a resort if you are a guest of that resort.
During high volume times even guests with dining resevations are not always allowed to park there.
If there is an event at ESPN or something else do they not ask those guests to park else where ???

If you eating at a resort restaurant, then you can park at that resort to eat your meal. It is supposed to be monitored to prevent guests from just using it as free parking for the theme parks.

You are not going to like the answer but the last time I stayed at BWI the self park lot was filled and I had to valet park. I got shrugs when I complained and was told there was a conference that brought extra cars into the lot.

Really? I certainly don't want to have to budget for valet parking. Is this really a problem for BWI/BWV guests? When we were there 2 years ago, I don't remember parking being too much of problem (at least at the times we were needing it) -- has something changed?

Our experience was the opposite. We found self parking full and had to valet park. My opinion is that the number of parking spaces allocated to self parking is rather low for the size of BWI/BWV. It is the one complaint I have about BWI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter