Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

In a few weeks, we are staying at the Boardwalk after a couple of days at the Caribbean Beach. We are flying, so we won't have a car. I read that on the day we are leaving the Caribbean Beach we can give them our luggage and Disney will transport them to the Boardwalk. We plan on going to Epcot for most of the day and then checking in the Boardwalk in the late afternoon. Has anyone ever done this at the Boardwalk (or any other resort)? I'm wondering how seamless the process will be. We thought about taking a cab to avoid any hassle, but I'd rather not pay the extra expense!

Uber was quite a bit cheaper and very easy to get moving room to room - the benefit would be you can probably arrange for the uber driver to pick you up at our CB building rather than the front desk/check in area. Just an option...

When you're staying at BWI or BWV, do you find that you're more likely to utilize the Park Hopper option?

Looking at the Boardwalk Villas on Touring Plans it says that a lot of the rooms are 15 minutes or more to walk to the transportation or the lobby. Specifically, we are looking at rooms 5053-5065. Are those estimated times accurate? And can the stairwells at the ends of the halls be used for coming and going? Thanks.

Hi all,
2 quick questions I hope can be answered concerning FF Cafe...

1. Is there any chance it might be done by August?
2. If not, does anyone know what happened to our 2 favorite bartenders there, Craig and Lorna? They told us they'd both be placed elsewhere while the restaurant was closed.

Thanks so much!

When you're staying at BWI or BWV, do you find that you're more likely to utilize the Park Hopper option?

I always get hoppers regardless of the resort we're staying with, but we definitely hop more when staying at BWI. We go to Epcot every day at least once. It's also very easy to pop over for the fireworks or Fantasmic at DHS or Illuminations at Epcot more than once (or twice).

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew if they still rent scooters on the Boardwalk. My wife and I will be staying there in 2 weeks and her mom is coming to visit for a day. She would like to rent a scooter for a few hours to see the Flower and Garden Festival. Also if anyone has any advice on a room request for a standard view studio. We have always stayed Boardwalk view but there was no availability. Thanks for any advice
Buena Vista Scooterswww.buenavistascooters.com telephone at 1-866-484-4797 or 1-407-938-0349.

Looking at the Boardwalk Villas on Touring Plans it says that a lot of the rooms are 15 minutes or more to walk to the transportation or the lobby. Specifically, we are looking at rooms 5053-5065. Are those estimated times accurate? And can the stairwells at the ends of the halls be used for coming and going? Thanks.

I think 15 minutes is a bit much, especially from those rooms. They're midway down the hallway from the elevators. Maybe if you're in 5001 all the way at the end.

We have annual passes, but I could see where staying at the Boardwalk would be more of an inducement. You're close to DHS and EPCOT and you can always hop into EPCOT for something from the Boulangerie Patisserie or for dinner at any one of the countries.

We have annual passes, but I could see where staying at the Boardwalk would be more of an inducement. You're close to DHS and EPCOT and you can always hop into EPCOT for something from the Boulangerie Patisserie or for dinner at any one of the countries.

Exact same thing with us, we have Annual Passes, and we find we hop a lot more when we stay at BWV than when we stay anywhere else (basically never hop anywhere else.). It's usually still once or twice a trip at most, so I would really look at your schedule to see how often you would do it, park hoppers are expensive. But it can be fun! :)

I have a question about checking in late. Our plane lands at 9:30 so I figure we won't get to the resort until 11PM. Will the place to get my refillable mug be closed? I'm going to need my coffee first thing in the morning LOL.

We are staying in a 2 bedroom standard view in less than a week!! Any good area/room to ask for? We would ideally love a larger balcony rather than two small balconies. And would probably prefer not to have view of any construction! Thanks in advance!

Another update on Ample Hills Creamery... May 15th!

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...t-boardwalk-inn-and-villas-walt-disney-world/

A new ice cream parlor is set to join the other food offerings at Walt Disney World Resort’s Boardwalk Inn and Villas. The new creamery will be located on Crescent Lake—a short walk from Epcot and a relaxing boat ride from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests will be able to peek into the promenade-facing kitchen windows, where ice cream and mix-ins will be handcrafted the old-fashioned way.

Beginning May 15th, you will be able to taste all the treats the parlor has in store for you.

In honor of the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Boardwalk Inn and Villas, we are enhancing the charm of this turn-of-the-century resort with even more unique venues, including a new take on the old-fashioned ice cream parlor opening this spring. Ample Hills Creamery, a Brooklyn-based company known for their creative approach to all things ice cream, will open its first location outside of New York City featuring their signature products, including a one-of-a-kind flavor exclusive to the Walt Disney World Resort.

Guests will stroll the promenade enjoying unique flavors such as Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Malty Salty Pretzel Punch and Coffee Toffee Coffee.

In a few weeks, we are staying at the Boardwalk after a couple of days at the Caribbean Beach. We are flying, so we won't have a car. I read that on the day we are leaving the Caribbean Beach we can give them our luggage and Disney will transport them to the Boardwalk. We plan on going to Epcot for most of the day and then checking in the Boardwalk in the late afternoon. Has anyone ever done this at the Boardwalk (or any other resort)? I'm wondering how seamless the process will be. We thought about taking a cab to avoid any hassle, but I'd rather not pay the extra expense!

Just did this two weeks ago. We had a split stay and left Poly and gave our bags to bell services. We spent the day in Epcot and I got a text that our room was ready at BWV around 2:00. I went to check-in around 3:00 and our luggage was there and ready to be delivered to the room. Super smooth and no reason to take a cab. Just go have fun and Disney will take care of the rest.

And just to give you the complete opposite perspective from everyone else, we have only had hoppers one trip and have never done it since, regardless of the resort. We have always enjoyed hanging out in one park all day. In the younger days, it used to be RD to close, but I'm older now. We also like to take days off from going to the park, enjoying the resort for the day, pool, games, dining, etc. With BWV, I'm even less likely to get hoppers as there is so much fun to do at the resort and on the Boardwalk. There are so many terrific restaurants in walking distance at all the surrounding resorts. We've even walked down to Swolphin and hung out in the hammocks on the beach.

Granted, it takes that extra bit of planning (which days off and one park per day), but we found that we loss so much time riding the bus with the park hoppers. And, it's just not bus time, but time walking out of one park, walking to transportation, waiting for transportation, walking into next park.

Another update on Ample Hills Creamery... May 15th!

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...t-boardwalk-inn-and-villas-walt-disney-world/

A new ice cream parlor is set to join the other food offerings at Walt Disney World Resort’s Boardwalk Inn and Villas. The new creamery will be located on Crescent Lake—a short walk from Epcot and a relaxing boat ride from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests will be able to peek into the promenade-facing kitchen windows, where ice cream and mix-ins will be handcrafted the old-fashioned way.

Beginning May 15th, you will be able to taste all the treats the parlor has in store for you.

In honor of the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Boardwalk Inn and Villas, we are enhancing the charm of this turn-of-the-century resort with even more unique venues, including a new take on the old-fashioned ice cream parlor opening this spring. Ample Hills Creamery, a Brooklyn-based company known for their creative approach to all things ice cream, will open its first location outside of New York City featuring their signature products, including a one-of-a-kind flavor exclusive to the Walt Disney World Resort.

Guests will stroll the promenade enjoying unique flavors such as Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Malty Salty Pretzel Punch and Coffee Toffee Coffee.
Awww...we check out on the 15th. Maybe we can score some before we leave.

Hello all - just booked a weeklong stay at BoardWalk in July :yay: It's a birthday trip for me, my niece (who celebrates the day after me), and unbeknownst to them, an anniversary trip for my parents, who will have just celebrated a couple of months before. This will be my third BoardWalk stay, but the others were just single nights. Very much looking forward to spending multiple nights there!

My dad uses an ECV and I wanted to see if you more experienced BoardWalkers had room request recommendations for that. We are booked in Standard View. The room I had last year for 1nt would have been excellent -- just around corner from elevator with angle view of the lake, and a wide spot in the corridor for maneuvering his buggy. I confess I wasn't paying attention to elevator size when I was there, so if anyone has comments to that in respect to a scooter I appreciate it. We are experienced DCL sailors so we know all about small elevators! But those are straight in and not sideways. (Portrait vs landscape?? lol) I don't remember anything about the size of the elevators to the rooms, and I'm not sure I've ever used the elevator from main floor to ground level. Surely it works out for other people who use scooters/wheelchairs, too, right? We didn't book an accessible room because he doesn't really need the features of one.

Thanks for any insight you can share.

Hello all - just booked a weeklong stay at BoardWalk in July :yay: It's a birthday trip for me, my niece (who celebrates the day after me), and unbeknownst to them, an anniversary trip for my parents, who will have just celebrated a couple of months before. This will be my third BoardWalk stay, but the others were just single nights. Very much looking forward to spending multiple nights there!

My dad uses an ECV and I wanted to see if you more experienced BoardWalkers had room request recommendations for that. We are booked in Standard View. The room I had last year for 1nt would have been excellent -- just around corner from elevator with angle view of the lake, and a wide spot in the corridor for maneuvering his buggy. I confess I wasn't paying attention to elevator size when I was there, so if anyone has comments to that in respect to a scooter I appreciate it. We are experienced DCL sailors so we know all about small elevators! But those are straight in and not sideways. (Portrait vs landscape?? lol) I don't remember anything about the size of the elevators to the rooms, and I'm not sure I've ever used the elevator from main floor to ground level. Surely it works out for other people who use scooters/wheelchairs, too, right? We didn't book an accessible room because he doesn't really need the features of one.

Thanks for any insight you can share.

I'll put it this way -- in six plus years of reading these BW threads, I've never seen anyone complain about ECVs in the BW elevators not fitting or anything like that. The common complaint you're already aware of from staying there, just that there is just one elevator bank for each side of the hotel (Inn/Villas), and none at the far end of the halls.

I will say the elevator from the ground floor to the lobby floor is painfully slow, but it is just one floor. Depending on where you're coming from, you might want to just go to the Villas elevator bank by the pool (where there are three elevators instead of just one) and go up that way to the first floor some times, and cross to the Inn side by the lobby. (I'm assuming you're staying on the Inn side.)

Enjoy! :)

Hello. With all of the DIS vets here and the library of knowledge that the DIS seems to own, can anyone give me a playlist of the music played at the Boardwalk? Just a list of music - song & artist. Not the actual music or links to purchase. Just a list.

I'll put it this way -- in six plus years of reading these BW threads, I've never seen anyone complain about ECVs in the BW elevators not fitting or anything like that. The common complaint you're already aware of from staying there, just that there is just one elevator bank for each side of the hotel (Inn/Villas), and none at the far end of the halls.

I will say the elevator from the ground floor to the lobby floor is painfully slow, but it is just one floor. Depending on where you're coming from, you might want to just go to the Villas elevator bank by the pool (where there are three elevators instead of just one) and go up that way to the first floor some times, and cross to the Inn side by the lobby. (I'm assuming you're staying on the Inn side.)

Enjoy! :)

Thanks, good idea about the Villas elevators. I'm sure we would have figured it out. My dad is a wanderer. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter