Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I don't know, but I think I expected too much reading everything rumored about Abracadabar.

Drink menu doesn't seem overly unique, just giving cute names to standard cocktails.

Interior looks interesting, I don't know, I just expected more in the theme when it came to the outfits the castmembers would wear.

It is definately a small place. Not a lot of room to move around in. It will be interesting to see how crowds are handled once Flying Fish opens

Sorry I haven't posted as much as I'd like to! I've been following along for sure. We fly down Wednesday night! @WDWKOOK wait for it.... I am making a packing spreadsheet :)
@sfbank see ya real soon!!! I tweaked arrival night and booked two runway view rooms at the MCO Hyatt since we arrive at midnight, I can only hope my DS7 is agreeable to leave that view. He is enamored with buses so it should be an easy sell to head to BWI (which he will only call Innkeeper's Club...gotta love the beauty and honesty of a kiddo with ASD) I am so glad I didn't change, because the one thing he is not stressed out about is staying there!!! Thank you to all for the pics!

Sorry I haven't posted as much as I'd like to! I've been following along for sure. We fly down Wednesday night! @WDWKOOK wait for it.... I am making a packing spreadsheet :)
@sfbank see ya real soon!!! I tweaked arrival night and booked two runway view rooms at the MCO Hyatt since we arrive at midnight, I can only hope my DS7 is agreeable to leave that view. He is enamored with buses so it should be an easy sell to head to BWI (which he will only call Innkeeper's Club...gotta love the beauty and honesty of a kiddo with ASD) I am so glad I didn't change, because the one thing he is not stressed out about is staying there!!! Thank you to all for the pics!
A runway view... That sounds awesome! Every time we are in MCO I always say I would love to stay at the Hyatt. It looks so nice.

Won't be long now til you are on your way. Happy packing with your spreadsheet. Lol

Have a great time!:goodvibes

Poor Josh from EasyWDW looks like he's being stuck against his will partway through that video.
27904568074_17bc029815_o.gif

Last edited:
Good evening from the Boardwalk. The soup tonight was clam chowder, the normal cheeses, fruits, bread and dips. Here is the rest. The waffle had a cherry sauce with it. The corn dogs had a honey mustard and a garlic ranch sauce. The garlic ranch sauce is amazing

Thanks! Cherry-sauced chicken and waffles?:scratchin

@WDWKOOK I have been home for a few days and had some time to process. So here are my thoughts on BWV vs. VWL...

In my opinion, these two resorts are very different. The atmosphere at VWL seems pretty laid-back and quiet. The area with the DVC rooms is pretty compact, and has easy access to transportation. The construction is a drawback at the moment, but it did not impact us other than having to use the main pool. BWV appears far busier (though it also appears larger, at least the DVC portion). There was a Quinceañera during the first two nights we were there- and they were staying on our floor. With a LOT of alcohol. So we were woken up both nights with people pounding on our door at 3 am. There was also some sort of conference, and a lot of families who did not understand the layout of the resort, how the refillable mugs worked, how transportation worked, how to stow a stroller on the bus... it was a bit frustrating!

The front desk staff at VWL was excellent- very cheerful and willing to help with anything we needed (magic bands not working correctly, checking in or out, questions about where things were...). I was not impressed this time with BWV since the only thing we were offered for the being woken up at 3 am was a late check out (which we did not use). This was from the desk supervisor. I understand that it is not the hotel's fault- and according to her no one else had complained of a similar incident. They did put them on the top floor and WAY down the hall- I am not sure they could have done much more to contain the activities. But between that and the conference folks, and having come from a MUCH quieter resort, it soured me a bit!

We found the busses at VWL were reliable, and the times board was very helpful. They were also not crowded for the most part. We did have some times in the evenings where we had to go through Fort Wilderness to pick up people on the way to MK, but that wound up being only mildly annoying. We had longer delays for MK busses from BWV (which if I recall from our last trip is typical- though it was nice that we had our own bus and didn't share with Swan or Dolphin!). The times board was not working, either, so that was a little frustrating. The boats were running well- we rarely waited to go to DHS (and usually walked to Epcot). The only issue was during a really strong storm one afternoon at DHS. The boats were docked for lightning, but it was difficult to get anyone who knew which stop would be the one to BWV. Once we found out, it still took 20 minutes for them to come (this was the first bus they had sent). It stopped at all the Epcot resorts, too- just like the bus. Just be aware of that if you are caught at DHS during a storm!

The elevators at VWL were surprisingly quick. I don't think we waited more than 30 seconds for one at any time of day, and never crowded. This was not the same at BWV- we typically waited a couple minutes and there were always people getting off and on.

The studios were very similar in both places- there was not much difference except that BWV had an extra armchair that VWL did not have. They seemed otherwise identical except for the decor.

I liked the Bakery at BWV over the Roaring Fork at VWL- there was definitely more variety, and it was not really much difference in travel time. We enjoyed our dinner at Artist Point, but it's tough to compare with Flying Fish being renovated.

We have always been a BWV family- we have always enjoyed our stays there. After this trip, though, I think we will also take a 2nd look at VWL. We really enjoyed it! Hope this helps you, Kook- and I'm open to any questions if anyone has them!

Thanks so much for posting your comparo for everyone, @preemiemama. If you haven't already, I'll cross-post to the WL thread. I think you should try VWL, err, Boulder Ridge Villas, after all the construction is done:)

They were taking paint fences down around the bar when we walked back. Finally here for afternoon snacks. Cookies and chips with dip as well as sandwiches.

Another great update:)

We arrive in 7 days. Only staying 4 nights then switching to BLT. It's my sons first time staying here but hubby and I love it.

It won't be long now!!

Live from Abracadabar!!

WOW! Love your breaking news story, @sfbank! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your photos the same evening it opened:). I like The Sour Assistant:rotfl:

I don't know, but I think I expected too much reading everything rumored about Abracadabar.

Drink menu doesn't seem overly unique, just giving cute names to standard cocktails.

Interior looks interesting, I don't know, I just expected more in the theme when it came to the outfits the castmembers would wear.

I kind of feel the same as you, but maybe it feels different in person? I sort of expected a cross between Trader Sam's and the Adventurer's Club. It reminds me more of The Brown Derby.

Will Abracadabar be open from now on. I'm here until the 3rd, so would quite like a visit.

So maybe your August 4th opening prediction will be way off:)

You're flying?! So glad to read that. I think your first night plan sounds great. I want to see photos of the Hyatt and that Runway View. Is that what it's really called? Love it! Everyone always mentions it and I don't think I've actually ever seen photos. Make sure you get to BWI in time for breakfast!

See you at the pool! I'll be the brunette with kiddos everywhere. Three are not in the picture. This was last year at Cape May Cafe

:thumbsup2Awww, there you are, minus three.

Thanks so much for posting your comparo for everyone, @preemiemama. If you haven't already, I'll cross-post to the WL thread. I think you should try VWL, err, Boulder Ridge Villas, after all the construction is done:)

I have not cross-posted, so feel free to do so. Hopefully it helps someone! I agree, we need to visit again when it is finished...

Waiting to see what my parents/siblings decide our destination will be for next summer. I suspect we will be back at Boardwalk- I'll let you know so you can add us once the decision has been made!

ScottMC--all I know is it is supposed to open on time first part of August. Of course a week after we leave:sad:

View attachment 183654
See you at the pool! I'll be the brunette with kiddos everywhere. Three are not in the picture. This was last year at Cape May Cafe

Pas130 have an amazing trip! We are due at BWV in 2 weeks. Packing spreadsheet sounds very smart. I'm the worlds slowest packer so I should start now!! :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter