Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Here now, only construction so far is the village green area, installing artificial grass and it looks like it should be done soon, and some floor maintenance by the first floor elevator.

Surprisingly the grass looks pretty nice!!

Here now, only construction so far is the village green area, installing artificial grass and it looks like it should be done soon, and some floor maintenance by the first floor elevator.

Surprisingly the grass looks pretty nice!!
Interesting, must be similar to what they did outside the Grand Ceremonial House at the Poly. Makes sense - low maintenance, holds up to the wear and tear of foot traffic as folks walk over it. Thanks for the scoop!

I wish I could be that excited about the whole gondola idea, but I'm not. Ohe of the loading/unloading areas will be the IG area behind EPCOT. I really hate the idea that the IG area will now, or has the potential to become as congested an entrance/exit as the front of the park. At least that is my fear. :sad2::scared:

My thoughts exactly.

Yesterday I received my second e-mail notice about our upcoming May trip. We also got them for our August and December trips last year. I think they're just covering their bases so people can't say they didn't know about the work. There is always some sort of maintenance going on at a resort of this size. I'm guessing it won't be very noticeable in May, too.

Thanks for letting us know about your February experience.

Same - first one was received on 4/18 and second one on 4/25. We check in Saturday (29th). Here's hoping for minimal interruptions.

Same - first one was received on 4/18 and second one on 4/25. We check in Saturday (29th). Here's hoping for minimal interruptions.

Gosh, it's almost time for you! 2 days. Have fun and report in on the construction situation and everything else.

Checking in on Monday BWI CL for our first stay - it is only 1 night - but is there anything anyone would like me to look for? I'll post back when I return.

Checking in on Monday BWI CL for our first stay - it is only 1 night - but is there anything anyone would like me to look for? I'll post back when I return.
Please say hi to Lorenzo, Anita, JJ, Linda, Jackie, Pete and Michael for me. Tell them Kerry sends her love and will see them soon!

If you have a chance, could you post a picture of the beer cooler in the lounge? And the toiletries in the bathroom? Those are the two specific to BWI CL photos I've been most curious about but unable to find. Thank you - have an amazing trip!

Please say hi to Lorenzo, Anita, JJ, Linda, Jackie, Pete and Michael for me. Tell them Kerry sends her love and will see them soon!

If you have a chance, could you post a picture of the beer cooler in the lounge? And the toiletries in the bathroom? Those are the two specific to BWI CL photos I've been most curious about but unable to find. Thank you - have an amazing trip!

Will do my very best!!! :-) Heading down tonight and checking in on Monday morning! Can't wait!

I'm thinking of renting a one bedroom villa standard view. Are there any standard view one bedroom villas that don't have a parking lot/entrance view? If so what do I request for the best chance of getting one? Also I noticed on a map that the Villas have their own entrance. Do you check in there or the main lobby? Thanks!

I'm thinking of renting a one bedroom villa standard view. Are there any standard view one bedroom villas that don't have a parking lot/entrance view? If so what do I request for the best chance of getting one? Also I noticed on a map that the Villas have their own entrance. Do you check in there or the main lobby? Thanks!

You check in at the same desk as people staying at Boardwalk Inn.

I have a question about the DVC villas after reading the first page. For housekeeping, do you have to arrange ahead of time for them to clean or do you request it at check in? Also, are towels and toiletries not included in the villas like they are in the regular rooms?

I have a question about the DVC villas after reading the first page. For housekeeping, do you have to arrange ahead of time for them to clean or do you request it at check in? Also, are towels and toiletries not included in the villas like they are in the regular rooms?

Are you staying on points, or did you book through Disney to pay with a credit card?

If you booked through Disney, you will get housekeeping every day just like a Disney hotel room. You get towels and toiletries just like a Disney hotel room.

If you are staying on points, they will automatically come on the appropriate day for trash & towel and full cleaning (days 4 and... 8, maybe? I have never stayed that long). There are towels when you get to the room; you get clean towels on those days. There are toiletries when you get to the room. I'm not sure if they replace them on trash & towel day or just on full cleaning day, because I bring my own. You can request additional cleanings and additional towel packs, but I have never done it so I don't know if you call Housekeeping to do it.

I guess my post is only partially helpful. I'm sure another DVCer will pop in with more info.

Are you staying on points, or did you book through Disney to pay with a credit card?

If you booked through Disney, you will get housekeeping every day just like a Disney hotel room. You get towels and toiletries just like a Disney hotel room.

If you are staying on points, they will automatically come on the appropriate day for trash & towel and full cleaning (days 4 and... 8, maybe? I have never stayed that long). There are towels when you get to the room; you get clean towels on those days. There are toiletries when you get to the room. I'm not sure if they replace them on trash & towel day or just on full cleaning day, because I bring my own. You can request additional cleanings and additional towel packs, but I have never done it so I don't know if you call Housekeeping to do it.

I guess my post is only partially helpful. I'm sure another DVCer will pop in with more info.

We're going to stay with points most likely. We haven't booked anything yet. We're still in the planning & researching phase. We've never stayed in a villa before.

We're going to stay with points most likely. We haven't booked anything yet. We're still in the planning & researching phase. We've never stayed in a villa before.

Ok. Make sure you understand all of the rules if you decide to rent points. Lots of people are considering it lately because it sounds cheaper, but aren't clear on how it works.

Ok. Make sure you understand all of the rules if you decide to rent points. Lots of people are considering it lately because it sounds cheaper, but aren't clear on how it works.
Also be aware that DVC busy season is end September through Marathon Weekend in January. So if that's when you plan to travel you need to be ready to book at least 7 months prior to check-in, preferably closer to 11 months prior!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter