Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Are the rooms at BW much bigger if at all compared to say POR? When we compare the relative size at say an all star compared to POR we feel they are much more comfortable, esp the bathroom area. Was wondering if we will feel a relative size diff in the deluxe rooms.

Other than maybe room size how are the deluxe rooms themselves "better" than a moderate. I am guessing most of the upcharge is due to the overall resort amenities, but also wanted to get some opinions on how the rooms compared.

Are the rooms at BW much bigger if at all compared to say POR? When we compare the relative size at say an all star compared to POR we feel they are much more comfortable, esp the bathroom area. Was wondering if we will feel a relative size diff in the deluxe rooms.

Other than maybe room size how are the deluxe rooms themselves "better" than a moderate. I am guessing most of the upcharge is due to the overall resort amenities, but also wanted to get some opinions on how the rooms compared.

In the case of the Boardwalk I would have to say location, location, location.

You can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

The rooms do have upscale decor and amenities.

We are staying at the BWI for the first time this September. We read the notice on the Disney website regarding limited parking availability. We will be driving down from Virginia. Has anyone recently had problems parking at BWI? We're hoping it will be resolved by September.

We are driving down from NC and have the same potential issue in Dec if the parking lot issue is not finished.

Hi, our first BWI stay is at the end of August, so excited! Do the corner rooms have a window? I remember reading about a window at the Yacht Club.

Square footage wise POR 314, BWI 371. BWI slightly bigger.
However, BWI you will have a balcony which I think adds to your room space. I like the interior doors at deluxe resorts but that is a total personal preference thing.
Of course the location is my favorite feature of the Boardwalk. I love walking to two parks. I love having easy access to the International Gateway and enjoying the stroll through the UK and Canada pavilions in the morning.

We are staying at the BWI for the first time this September. We read the notice on the Disney website regarding limited parking availability. We will be driving down from Virginia. Has anyone recently had problems parking at BWI? We're hoping it will be resolved by September.

We were just there a week ago and self parking was a bit full but spaces still available and this was during the Star Wars run weekend. Valet still had a ton of space. We are going back in two weeks for another stay and will update again.

Just stayed at BWI. Bed bugs in room 3274!!!!

Don't put your luggage on the bed, make sure to use the luggage rack.

Just stayed at BWI. Bed bugs in room 3274!!!!

Don't put your luggage on the bed, make sure to use the luggage rack.

Did you notify them and move rooms? Did they clean the room and bed?

Yes, I hope you reported it! Disney (like all good hotel operators nowadays) has very effective procedures they follow to get rid of bedbugs, but if they're not aware they can't take care of it.

We stayed at POR last year and BVI this year. I definitely feel there is more space at BVI.

Hi staying at BWV now in a studio. The only construction we've seen this week are people painting the railings around the lake.
Does anyone know if there are washer dryers that we can use? I thought there were some by the pool and can't find them ?.. can anyone help? .

Hi staying at BWV now in a studio. The only construction we've seen this week are people painting the railings around the lake.
Does anyone know if there are washer dryers that we can use? I thought there were some by the pool and can't find them ?.. can anyone help? .
Are they in the walkway where the health club is by Luna Park? When I look at a map that is where it looks like they are. There are washers and dryers you can use for free because you are staying in a studio. Give the front desk a call for specific directions.

If you are standing in the lobby, facing the front desk: Take the elevators on the right, which are the ones for the Villas. Go to the bottom floor. When you get off the elevator, turn right. Then turn right again and start walking down the hall. The laundry room will be on your left.

When you get off the elevator at pool level turn to the right. They are they first or second door on the left

They are in a room near the health club. My SIL and I had a bad experience with them though - the dryers took hours to dry anything. Since that experience we have started using the ones in the BWI. You have to pay for them but they work wonderfully - clothes are dry in less than one cycle.

Only there 3 nights and discovered the bites on the flight home (on feet). We took another couple and it was there room (we had the adjoining room), her dad is a dermatologist. We both called Disney to let them know, we tried to speak directly to the BWI manager but continually got redirected. Left a message but they have yet to call back.

Very disappointing being at a Disney deluxe hotel and having this issue.

Yes, I hope you reported it! Disney (like all good hotel operators nowadays) has very effective procedures they follow to get rid of bedbugs, but if they're not aware they can't take care of it.

Only there 3 nights and discovered the bites on the flight home (on feet). We took another couple and it was there room (we had the adjoining room), her dad is a dermatologist. We both called Disney to let them know, we tried to speak directly to the BWI manager but continually got redirected. Left a message but they have yet to call back.

Very disappointing being at a Disney deluxe hotel and having this issue.

Ugh!!! Hope it all gets resolved for you and the rest of the hotel quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter