• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Oh, that I can see happening. You asked if doing Online Check In has any affect on room requests, which is doesn't. But if you make room requests during Online Check In and they are not the same as what you phoned in, then yes there will be a problem.

Yes, apparently she had requested a specific room at the Grand and they were honoring it, but she did her online check in and it negated the request. I think I'll just let mine be without any special requests and rely on the request with DRC and TP. We'll see how it works out!

Yes, apparently she had requested a specific room at the Grand and they were honoring it, but she did her online check in and it negated the request. I think I'll just let mine be without any special requests and rely on the request with DRC and TP. We'll see how it works out!

I have found that to be the best way. Make requests via phone then skip the room request section during Online Check In.

Totally random question!! None of us are coffee drinkers but we'd like hot water for making tea and instant oatmeal and stuff in the morning. If we use the coffee maker, it'll heat up water but probably taste like coffee just because it has to pass through the filter area and pick up residual coffee flavor. Does anyone know if the resort can supply an electric kettle or something if we request it? If not, no biggie we can always bring one or order it through Amazon Prime Now. Just thought it would be worth a shot to ask :teeth:

Tea drinker here! I'm totally snobby about my tea! The good news: The coffee makers in the Inn side rooms have two separate containers so you can brew two cups at once. Husband is a coffee drinker, so he commits to using the filter/container on one side and I use the other for water (water tank is the shared, but that section doesn't touch the coffee packets). Now, the drip spout has at some point in the past come in contact with the coffee, but this has not been a big deal for me, as the water used for my side isn't sitting in the coffee side (is this making sense?--I'm horrible at discribing visual things, it seems.) I often give the filter area a little wipe down after we arrive, but I've always found the coffee makers to be clean. I do buy a gallon of water (or two, or at least a flat of water bottles from the general sundry store) because Florida water is pretty much the worst. Twinings comes standard in all rooms, which is fine, but I straight up travel with my own loose tea and paper filters. There are packets of sugar and dry creamer, but you can grab the real deal in the Bellevue lounge. In the end, it's fine. It's not the cup of divine liquid I am used to at home, but it works and it doesn't taste like coffee to me. Have fun!

Last edited:
Tea drinker here! I'm totally snobby about my tea! The good news: The coffee makers in the Inn side rooms have two separate containers so you can brew two cups at once. Husband is a coffee drinker, so he commits to using the filter/container on one side and I use the other for water (water tank is the shared, but that section doesn't touch the coffee packets). Now, the drip spout has at some point in the past come in contact with the coffee, but this has not been a big deal for me, as the water used for my side isn't sitting in the coffee side (is this making sense?--I'm horrible at discribing visual things, it seems.) I often give the filter area a little wipe down after we arrive, but I've always found the coffee makers to be clean. I do buy a gallon of water (or two, or at least a flat of water bottles from the general sundry store) because Florida water is pretty much the worst. Twinings comes standard in all rooms, which is fine, but I straight up travel with my own loose tea and paper filters. There are packets of sugar and dry creamer, but you can grab the real deal in the Bellevue lounge. In the end, it's fine. It's not the cup of divine liquid I am used to at home, but it works and it doesn't taste like coffee to me. Have fun!

I was really worried about how I was going to get a cup of tea at Boardwalk, however in April we were at CBR my BFF ran a few cycles of water only through the coffee maker and it seemed to taste fine. Not as good as home I agree, but it didn't have that lingering coffee taste. Made me feel a little better. We used the tap water to clean it out and bottled water for the tea we drank.

Well, we are leaving tomorrow for BWI! So excited, a little nervous about Irma, but I don't think it'll be bad at Disney. I'm more relieved it's not going in the Gulf & hitting home. I also decided to order a little more food (not just snacks) type stuff, just in case we have to shelter in the room one day. My DH turns into Grumpy when he gets hungry & is picky.
Nothing is stopping me from getting to the land of the Mouse!

Well, we are leaving tomorrow for BWI! So excited, a little nervous about Irma, but I don't think it'll be bad at Disney. I'm more relieved it's not going in the Gulf & hitting home. I also decided to order a little more food (not just snacks) type stuff, just in case we have to shelter in the room one day. My DH turns into Grumpy when he gets hungry & is picky.
Nothing is stopping me from getting to the land of the Mouse!

Safe travels - I would do the same. Enjoy the BWI - we love it.

Please help me ease my group's mind. We are a group of 6 women staying at BWV. Our trip is soon and all of a sudden my group is worrying about their being a long walk to fill refillable mug

Please help me ease my group's mind. We are a group of 6 women staying at BWV. Our trip is soon and all of a sudden my group is worrying about their being a long walk to fill refillable mug

Long walk from where? Your room? The lobby?

One place you can re-fill it is at the Boardwalk Bakery. Not sure where else, because I never got a refillable mug.

You can refill your mugs at the Boardwalk Bakery. Many people on this board complain about how far the Boardwalk Bakery is or that it involves going outside to get there. In our experience, it was a pretty short walk. The walk to the Boardwalk Bakery (and any of the Boardwalk) was a shorter walk to food than we had when we stayed at the GF, and we had to walk outside at the GF also. So I'm not sure why so many here complain. Unless it's a raining really hard, it's pleasant walking outside.

You can refill your mugs at the Boardwalk Bakery. Many people on this board complain about how far the Boardwalk Bakery is or that it involves going outside to get there. In our experience, it was a pretty short walk. The walk to the Boardwalk Bakery (and any of the Boardwalk) was a shorter walk to food than we had when we stayed at the GF, and we had to walk outside at the GF also. So I'm not sure why so many here complain. Unless it's a raining really hard, it's pleasant walking outside.
I never get the complaints either. Both Poly and GF require walking outside in most cases. Yet you never hear that as a complaint

I've got a trip coming up in late November; 5 days at Boardwalk in 1 BR Villa, with a Garden/Pool view. I've never stayed there before, but I've spend a lot of time on The Boardwalk and in the resort.

My question is - is it worth calling down a room request ? I'm traveling with 2 kids who I'm sure will want to use the pool on occasion, but for the most part we're going to be in the parks, and well be driving ourselves. The only thing I really hate is hallway noise, so I'm thinking I don't want a room directly adjacent to an elevator lobby, ice machine or the like. I do like the Boardwalk side, though, and plan to spend a lot of time going to Epcot and out on the Boardwalk.

Any suggestions on what I should ask for, and also when I should call ? Thanks.

I've got a trip coming up in late November; 5 days at Boardwalk in 1 BR Villa, with a Garden/Pool view. I've never stayed there before, but I've spend a lot of time on The Boardwalk and in the resort.

My question is - is it worth calling down a room request ? I'm traveling with 2 kids who I'm sure will want to use the pool on occasion, but for the most part we're going to be in the parks, and well be driving ourselves. The only thing I really hate is hallway noise, so I'm thinking I don't want a room directly adjacent to an elevator lobby, ice machine or the like. I do like the Boardwalk side, though, and plan to spend a lot of time going to Epcot and out on the Boardwalk.

Any suggestions on what I should ask for, and also when I should call ? Thanks.

I assume you are not renting points. If you are renting points, you can't call yourself; the owner would have to call DVC Member Services for you to make requests.

I believe BWV only has one elevator. Some people want to be near the elevator to cut down on walking. So the likelihood of ending up near the elevator, when you don't want to be, is probably less than at other hotels. And Boardwalk View is a room category, not a view request, so if you didn't book it, you won't get it.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I assume you are not renting points. If you are renting points, you can't call yourself; the owner would have to call DVC Member Services for you to make requests.

I believe BWV only has one elevator. Some people want to be near the elevator to cut down on walking. So the likelihood of ending up near the elevator, when you don't want to be, is probably less than at other hotels. And Boardwalk View is a room category, not a view request, so if you didn't book it, you won't get it.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks. I am renting points - so unless there's a big difference, don't really want to bother the person I'm renting from to make a call. As for Boardwalk View, I'm not looking for that (not even sure if they have those for 1 BR), but I just want to be closer to the Boardwalk side of the resort.

Can you refill at or near the pool? That would be nice for our pool days.

Thanks. I am renting points - so unless there's a big difference, don't really want to bother the person I'm renting from to make a call. As for Boardwalk View, I'm not looking for that (not even sure if they have those for 1 BR), but I just want to be closer to the Boardwalk side of the resort.

The rooms are not that different as far as distance. You could request near lobby, that's your best bet. The quiet pool rooms will be the furthest from EP but the closest to HS so it's a give and take. You can refill your mug at Boardwalk bakery, leaping horse libations (pool bar) or Bellevue lounge (lobby bar- closes between 11-5). I know you mentioned driving to all of the parks. We always have a car and I would suggest to only drive to AK. Walk to EP or HS and bus to MK. The buses run often and if you drive to MK you have another 30 minutes just getting from the parking lot to the MK.

Just a heads up: I was told today by a cm at BWI front desk (in person, not phone) that they are not putting bounce backs in the rooms. No word if that'll change. Kind of a bummer

Just a heads up: I was told today by a cm at BWI front desk (in person, not phone) that they are not putting bounce backs in the rooms. No word if that'll change. Kind of a bummer
How are you supposed to know that there is a bounce back if you don't have the offer in your room? Some returning guests might know the "special phone number" you need to call to see if there is a bounce back being offered, but if you are a first time visitor to WDW you wouldn't have a clue. Eliminating the bounce back offer entirely is one thing, but still having it available and not let anyone know about it doesn't make any sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter