Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Question about Belle Vue Lounge - it looks like a great place to grab a quick breakfast most mornings (with Boardwalk Bakery being another one!). It says it is on the second floor. Are there standard rooms close by? Is it a request worth making, to be close to Belle Vue?

Still not sure if we are going to splurge on a boardwalk view room yet, but if we go for standard, at least it would be nice to have a quick walk to coffee/croissant! Our one and only stay at BWI we did concierge, but I am not going for that this trip.

Question about Belle Vue Lounge - it looks like a great place to grab a quick breakfast most mornings (with Boardwalk Bakery being another one!). It says it is on the second floor. Are there standard rooms close by? Is it a request worth making, to be close to Belle Vue?

Still not sure if we are going to splurge on a boardwalk view room yet, but if we go for standard, at least it would be nice to have a quick walk to coffee/croissant! Our one and only stay at BWI we did concierge, but I am not going for that this trip.
The second floor is the lobby level (first floor is boardwalk level). The lounge is on the Inn side near the elevator. Breakfast offerings are basic continental foods (cereal, muffins, danish) with coffee and juice. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/board-walk-inn/belle-vue-lounge/menus/breakfast/

I prefer the bakery for breakfast choices because they offer hot foods, too. The lounge doesn’t offer anything that I cannot purchase in advance and just have in my room for the morning. For that reason, I would not make a specific request to be near the lounge.

Are there standard rooms close by? Is it a request worth making, to be close to Belle Vue?
Yes there are Standard View rooms on the 2nd floor near the Belle Vue. Most of these rooms overlook the front of the resort. They are along the walk way to the bus stop / drive way to the Portico. It can be a little noisy outside of these rooms.

If you want to be on the 2nd floor near the Belle Vue lounge, I would suggest you request a 2nd floor Garden View room near the Belle Vue.

Dave

We had a standard room right by the elevator on the 5th floor. The Belle Vue Lounge was right by the elevator on the 2nd floor (which is the main floor). Elevators were very fast. I did a quick run for the family each morning. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Thanks for your responses about Belle Vue. We will probably make a grocery stop on our way from the airport, so I will just pick up a couple of staples - bagels, cream cheese, etc. to keep in the room rather than planning on Belle Vue each morning. Then we could do the Boardwalk Bakery a few mornings for hot offerings. :)

We love the cottages, too! Personally we like one of the cottages with a balcony instead of a garden (1205, 1206 & 1207). They have a different orientation, more of a two story shotgun style rather than a loft. They can feel a bit darker than the other cottages, but we like that because we prefer the quieter, enclosed feeling of these bedrooms.
Would you happen to have any pictures? Online is only the loft-style. We are looking at these for our anniversary and I would love to see the different layout!

If I need to be at inside of the MK no later than 10am, what time should I leave BW when taking a bus?

If I need to be at inside of the MK no later than 10am, what time should I leave BW when taking a bus?

We would probably be leaving our room between 8:30 and 9 o’clock. You can check the MDE app to find out when to expect the next bus to come, but you never know how long security will take!

Our home resort is BW.... and i know Beach Club pool is restricted. Are there any DVC pools that allow pool hopping? If not its no big deal, but dont want to pass up letting the kids see some of the others. thx.

Our home resort is BW.... and i know Beach Club pool is restricted. Are there any DVC pools that allow pool hopping? If not its no big deal, but dont want to pass up letting the kids see some of the others. thx.

You could also check the Member website. The rules are there, too. People seem to love being able to hop to AKL again.

Thanks for your responses about Belle Vue. We will probably make a grocery stop on our way from the airport, so I will just pick up a couple of staples - bagels, cream cheese, etc. to keep in the room rather than planning on Belle Vue each morning. Then we could do the Boardwalk Bakery a few mornings for hot offerings. :)
That has always been our plan. Stop at a grocery store and pick up our breakfast and snack items.
However, the Boardwalk Bakery is very good.

Does anyone know if there is something like a cheese plate available in the cold section of the screen door store at BWI? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter