Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I should have been sitting poolside about right now with a cold beverage and deciding which F&G kiosk to hit for dinner. . .truly sucks to have spent 50 minutes in a queue for groceries today rather than a Disney ride--any ride! :sad1: :sad1: I had THE perfect FP+ list with FOP x2 and DHS mapped out perfectly including three mornings dedicated to RoTR boarding pass attempts.

We are still scheduled for our annual October trip (BCV) and hoping that it happens and, more to the point, I can recreate the perfect plan I had set for May 7-15, 2020. This trip will be rescheduled for May 2021!

I've been looking for one night at the Boardwalk in October to fill in my DVC reservation. My Disney experience was showing $540 per night. Today it shows $840.00 per night. Something is going on? I've never seen prices that high.

We were very lucky to be able to rebook our canceled March trip to Feb at BWV. We are excited to try something new! We were booked with rented points at AKV through a broker, and originally rescheduled for Thanksgiving at SSR as our owner's points expired Dec 1st and SSR was their home resort. The broker we went through decided to offer credits to those effected and we were able to get the week we wanted at BWV! We count ourselves as VERY lucky it worked out!

I've been looking for one night at the Boardwalk in October to fill in my DVC reservation. My Disney experience was showing $540 per night. Today it shows $840.00 per night. Something is going on? I've never seen prices that high.
You were not seeing a Studio but a 1 Bedroom Villa for a weekend: Fri or Sat which are both $840 per night in October. To see the actual room options you need to click one more level deeper on the BoardWalk Villas section of the page you screen shot.

A Studio would be $539 per night Sun-Thu.

Dave

You were not seeing a Studio but a 1 Bedroom Villa for a weekend: Fri or Sat which are both $840 per night in October. To see the actual room options you need to click one more level deeper on the BoardWalk Villas section of the page you screen shot.

A Studio would be $539 per night Sun-Thu.

Dave
Thanks Dave, yes I missed that.

Does anyone know if the Inn side still has 2 bedroom club level suites that are not the Sonora or Steeplechase Suites? I don't see any in the Touring Plans Room Finder but I thought I had read somewhere they exist. I am planning a trip with my son, husband and my parents and while in the past we have rented DVC points to stay in a 2 bedroom villa, I am thinking we may just get a cash room only reservation for next year so that we can cancel without penalty. Staying club level would be an additional treat as we typically don't use the kitchen much in the villa. I would prefer a 2 bedroom suite over 2 separate rooms for the additional space and I am guessing a standard suite may be less expensive than the Sonora or Steeplechase suite.

Does anyone know if the Inn side still has 2 bedroom club level suites that are not the Sonora or Steeplechase Suites?
I know for sure the Yacht Club has the nameless 2BR club level suites. I am not aware of other multi bedroom suites at BWI besides the two that you listed.

Does anyone know if the Inn side still has 2 bedroom club level suites that are not the Sonora or Steeplechase Suites?
Yes there are 4 two BR suites (1 K / 2 Q) to choose from in the Inn Keeper's Club at the Boardwalk. However none of them have the great boardwalk views that the Sonora VP Suite or the Steeplechase Presidential suite have.

Suite 4205 has a view of Epcot and nighttime fireworks but it can be a little noisy due to the delivers to the loading area below that section of the building. The other 3 2BRs overlook the boardwalk courtyard. Room 4250 is almost directly across from the Steeplechase suite and near the lounge.

These suites are configured with the second bedroom aka a standard connecting (2 QB) room that has a separate hallway entrance in addition to the interior doors.

Dave

Yes there are 4 two BR suites (1 K / 2 Q) to choose from in the Inn Keeper's Club at the Boardwalk. However none of them have the great boardwalk views that the Sonora VP Suite or the Steeplechase Presidential suite have.

Suite 4205 has a view of Epcot and nighttime fireworks but it can be a little noisy due to the delivers to the loading area below that section of the building. The other 3 2BRs overlook the boardwalk courtyard. Room 4250 is almost directly across from the Steeplechase suite and near the lounge.

These suites are configured with the second bedroom aka a standard connecting (2 QB) room that has a separate hallway entrance in addition to the interior doors.

Dave
Thanks Dave!
Now if I can just get a CM on the phone that knows what you know I’ll be set!
Are the suites and un-named 2 bedrooms ever included in discounts?

Now if I can just get a CM on the phone that knows what you know I’ll be set!
Are the suites and un-named 2 bedrooms ever included in discounts?
Not normally discounts for the Presidential or VP suites.

The other 1 / 2 BR suites may discounted from time to time based on individual resort demand. If you have any issues with the front link phone CMs not understanding the full inventory or specific room types, just politely ask for Guest Services assistance. The GS team is made up of more senior cast members that can access the full inventory of rooms and even override any minimum night(s) for specific rooms.

Any of the standard suite may be discounted with the exception of the Presidential and VP suites during some periods of the year. I have even seen discounts on Presidential / VP suites for various reasons: Groups booking that block large blocks of rooms for conferences or high value VIP guests staying for extended periods or where the Presidential / VP suites are used for special receptions.

Disney has been know to move regular guests to these suites in situations where there are inventory issues and the resort GM is in "Guest Recover" mode most often limited for 1-2 nights but Pixie Dust still happens.

ETA: still working on spelling english... my first language, the struggle is real.

Dave

Last edited:
The prices for comparable resorts are above $1300 today. We've had our 2 bdrm DVC villa booked during October for months, hoping everything will be back to normal by then.

If the reports of club level being closed when the resorts open up are true (at least in the short term), I wonder what will happen to Lorenzo, Jackie, JJ, Joe, etc.
They can't be transferred to other resort club levels, and there are only so many positions available to work in the lobby. What a shame.
Funny though how sometimes things work out; Anita and Linda get moved by management out of club level to work in the lobby, and the managers who made those decisions
will now be looking for something else to do.

Here is an update to my previous post on BW Club Level staff for those that are interested: Jackie, JJ, and Joe will be working the front lobby starting on June 14, joining Anita and Linda. As Lorenzo is considered "hospitality" and not concierge, he will only return when the club level reopens.

Here is an update to my previous post on BW Club Level staff for those that are interested: Jackie, JJ, and Joe will be working the front lobby starting on June 14, joining Anita and Linda. As Lorenzo is considered "hospitality" and not concierge, he will only return when the club level reopens.
Ibv7 Linda retired the end of March.

lbv7 thanks for the info. Linda will be missed. I have been preparing myself since last August ......We are trying to talk her into going back lol. She will visit us while we are in Florida but going to miss seeing her every day.

We will be there July 21-24 then going to Kidani for a couple days. I sure hope the pool wont be too crowded with BCV now being able to use it. We have never stayed at Boardwalk but I am excited to be able to walk between 2 parks. I wonder if the water slide will be open at the main pool, my son loves the water slides.

So while SAB will be closed guests of the Yacht Club / Beach Club will be able to use the Luna Park Pool.
With social distancing who knows how difficult it will be for registered BW guests to find a spot, now they need to cope with an influx of people from other
hotels. Makes you wonder how Disney can get away charging the ridiculous high room rates for anyone choosing to stay at the BW.

So while SAB will be closed guests of the Yacht Club / Beach Club will be able to use the Luna Park Pool.
With social distancing who knows how difficult it will be for registered BW guests to find a spot, now they need to cope with an influx of people from other
hotels. Makes you wonder how Disney can get away charging the ridiculous high room rates for anyone choosing to stay at the BW.

Since, BWI does not have a "true" quick service, my question is: If guests of the Beach Club and Yacht Club can use the BWI pool, can I visit the Beach club Marketplace for quick service options? I thought guests needed a dining reservation to visit another resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter