Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are hoping as back to normal as they can be in January. We will be at the BWI Jan 28-Feb 5. Still waiting to book November 2021.
We're December 2-9. Hoping...just bought plane tickets today. Also hoping to reserve December 2021. Gonna keep my eye on the 499 day calculator..sez on 7/19/2020 I should be 499 days away from start of December 2021 trip. We'll see!

At the BW here is what is open currently since the BWI is still closed until Oct. 1st..

Leaping Horse Libations - feature pool area
AbracadaBar - on the Boardwalk

Dave
Florida has now closed all stand alone bars because of the spike in Covid 19 cases. You can still get alcohol if it is served in a restaurant setting.

Florida has now closed all stand alone bars because of the spike in Covid 19 cases. You can still get alcohol if it is served in a restaurant setting.

Yes, I know. That's why I am asking. However, I wasn't sure if the pool bar met the requirements because it serves food. Thanks

No not all standalone bars are not closed in Florida just have specific restrictions.

According to the executive order, "all vendors licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises who derive more than 50% of gross revenue from such sales of alcoholic beverages shall suspend such sales of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises."

However, those vendors can still sell alcohol for takeout "in sealed containers," according to the order.

Dave

Does anyone know if the music is playing at The Boardwalk? I watched two vlogs of people walking over the last week and I didn't hear it playing on either one of them. It is kind of sad if it isn't playing. We love the music.

Our next up coming and so far not cancelled trip is a stay at the BWI...altho we have booked non CL rooms going forward..given the uncertainty of the state of CL these days... I was happy to read the the BW area will have a nice variety of places open to grab a meal...plus at this point out door dining holds a lot of appeal ..at least to us...

At the BW here is what is open currently since the BWI is still closed until Oct. 1st..

Leaping Horse Libations - feature pool area
AbracadaBar - on the Boardwalk

Dave

I am hoping that the long time breakfast fave of ours ( well maybe for evening drinks too...lol...) ..the Bellevue lounge will be open by the fall...I am thinking that there will be a different set up for getting morning coffee and likely no toasting station..but they have such a nice variety for a grab and go place...plus more nice outdoor seating....

No not all standalone bars are not closed in Florida just have specific restrictions.

According to the executive order, "all vendors licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises who derive more than 50% of gross revenue from such sales of alcoholic beverages shall suspend such sales of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises."

However, those vendors can still sell alcohol for takeout "in sealed containers," according to the order.

Dave

:thumbsup2 thanks as always Dave for all of the detailed information!

Add me to th elist of being a fan of that wonderful music that is always playing in the background at the BW...truly add to the ambiance ....:lovestruc

Does anyone know if the music is playing at The Boardwalk? I watched two vlogs of people walking over the last week and I didn't hear it playing on either one of them. It is kind of sad if it isn't playing. We love the music.
Yes the music is playing at the Boardwalk area and near the "Clown" pool aka Luna Park pool.

Dave

Hey yall! I'll be staying at BWV on July 18-21. We were moved from Caribbean Beach into a standard view studio and I was doing some research online and I saw some postings on this site that frequently, people paying the cash rates (not using points) are given a garden/pool view when they were booked for a standard. Does anyone know if this is still true? We just did the online check-in (requested highest floor and close to elevator), but wondering if doing the online check-in reduces the likelihood of being upgraded (not that we deserve an upgrade considering we are paying CBR prices, but it would still be nice :D )

Hey yall! I'll be staying at BWV on July 18-21. We were moved from Caribbean Beach into a standard view studio and I was doing some research online and I saw some postings on this site that frequently, people paying the cash rates (not using points) are given a garden/pool view when they were booked for a standard. Does anyone know if this is still true? We just did the online check-in (requested highest floor and close to elevator), but wondering if doing the online check-in reduces the likelihood of being upgraded (not that we deserve an upgrade considering we are paying CBR prices, but it would still be nice :D )
If you are paying cash for the reservation, more than likely you will get a pool/garden view (but not a BW view since those are booking categories for DVC). The leisure pool is quieter than Luna Park. Or you could request the Village Green that looks out over the grassy area between the Inn and the Villas toward the boat dock.

If you are paying cash for the reservation, more than likely you will get a pool/garden view (but not a BW view since those are booking categories for DVC). The leisure pool is quieter than Luna Park. Or you could request the Village Green that looks out over the grassy area between the Inn and the Villas toward the boat dock.
Thanks for the speedy reply! Is it okay to request those areas even if you're booked as a standard view? The Village Green view looks really nice! Just wondering if there's anything I can do to increase the likelihood of a pool/garden view or if I should just cross my fingers that I get moved without asking.

Thanks for the speedy reply! Is it okay to request those areas even if you're booked as a standard view? The Village Green view looks really nice! Just wondering if there's anything I can do to increase the likelihood of a pool/garden view or if I should just cross my fingers that I get moved without asking.
For cash, yes. For points, no.

For cash, yes. For points, no.
Sorry for the constant questions--only got moved to BWV a week ago! But it seems that "standard view" is the only booking category available on the cash side of BWV, while DVC has standard and preferred. So it seems that cash rate standard view is a "catch all" of studio rooms? I'm very excited at the prospect of having an interesting view--I was looking through the Touring Plans room finder trying to see if there are any cool views from the standard views. Also I'm guessing the standard view category in Touring Plans refers to the DVC category?

Sorry for the constant questions--only got moved to BWV a week ago! But it seems that "standard view" is the only booking category available on the cash side of BWV, while DVC has standard and preferred. So it seems that cash rate standard view is a "catch all" of studio rooms? I'm very excited at the prospect of having an interesting view--I was looking through the Touring Plans room finder trying to see if there are any cool views from the standard views. Also I'm guessing the standard view category in Touring Plans refers to the DVC category?
For cash, standard view is pool/garden. For a DVC points reservation standard view looks over the entrance and parking lot. Preferred view for DVC points used to include everything else, with Boardwalk view being a request, but after a number of temper tantrums at the front desk when that request wasn’t met, DVC made Boardwalk view and P/G view separate booking categories without changing the points costs.

That said, under current circumstances I wouldn’t be surprised at any view you get!

For cash, standard view is pool/garden. For a DVC points reservation standard view looks over the entrance and parking lot. Preferred view for DVC points used to include everything else, with Boardwalk view being a request, but after a number of temper tantrums at the front desk when that request wasn’t met, DVC made Boardwalk view and P/G view separate booking categories without changing the points costs.

That said, under current circumstances I wouldn’t be surprised at any view you get!
Thanks for the reply! I'm paying cash so I'm thinking I will request a view of the Village Green or Luna Park. Do the CMs on the phone typically know what the Village Green is? I've only really seen it posted on here. Very excited to stay at my first deluxe/DVC resort!

No the phone CMs don't have a clue. Just ask for this to be noted on your reservation as your only request. Rooms are assigned by a back-office group about 4-5 days before your arrival date.

Yes you can make but if you request the "Village Green" it will be near the elevators and at least on the 2nd floor.

Dave

Thanks for the reply! I'm paying cash so I'm thinking I will request a view of the Village Green or Luna Park. Do the CMs on the phone typically know what the Village Green is? I've only really seen it posted on here. Very excited to stay at my first deluxe/DVC resort!
I agree with @Dave006 above - Village Green is near the elevators, which is nice for the distance but not so good for noise since everyone else has to pass your room to get to theirs. Also our son had one of those studios some years ago that was directly above the breezeway that goes from the pool area and elevator to the Village Green and reported a lot of noise from there. OTOH, the Luna Park view is the noisiest we've ever had, due to the afternoon pool activities. Since those might not be going on when you're there, it might not be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter