Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We walked there Wednesday from Boardwalk, but we didn’t go at park opening. When we did go, there was no line and we went straight up to the temp tent. Sorry I can’t help with opening.

When BWV opened, Preferred view included both P/G and BW view, with BW view being a request only. After a number of loud temper tantrums at check-in when people didn't get their requests, they became separate booking categories, but the points costs didn't change.
I did not know this.... Thank you!

Anybody at Boardwalk now? Somebody posted this on the Yacht & Beach Club thread, and I wondered if anyone staying at BoardWalk could pipe in with their experience:

"AFAIK you can't walk to/from DHS right now. Guests are instructed to use the skyliner by the international gateway to access DHS and there was a guest that was blocked from walking from DHS to BC this week and they had to turn around and walk back to DHS and take alternative transport to get to BC."

Anybody at Boardwalk now? Somebody posted this on the Yacht & Beach Club thread, and I wondered if anyone staying at BoardWalk could pipe in with their experience:

"AFAIK you can't walk to/from DHS right now. Guests are instructed to use the skyliner by the international gateway to access DHS and there was a guest that was blocked from walking from DHS to BC this week and they had to turn around and walk back to DHS and take alternative transport to get to BC."
I’m here now. I’m not going to DHS until Monday but I’ll ask around!
Ample Hills info yet? How is that bakery case looking at boardwalk bakery?
Ample Hills has operating hours but is definitely not open, sadly. The Bakery has okay selections, a few pastries and sandwiches but not a bunch. I’d say maybe 7-8 pastries?

We are here now. We walked to DHS Wednesday and back with no problem, but that was the only day we had park reservations for DHS. And I agree with above poster on bakery selection. And general store was out of half gallon milk the 2 nights we looked. They may have more now but we had to walk over to beach club to get milk

So if you can't walk either you have to take the skyliner? How much of a hassle is that? Does it go straight there?
I rode the Skyliner a little bit today to go to lunch and for fun. From 11-1ish, there were no lines at all for the Skyliner, it was nice. And no, you can get on at Epcot, then ride to Caribbean Beach and transfer to the DHS line. If lines stay as low as they were today, it really shouldn’t take long at all.

We walked to HS from BWV today and Wed. The people at BC will need to walk around the BW side to get to the HS walkway. The walkway is blocked by the ship slide and you can't go over the bridge by Swan & Dolphin.

We walked to HS from BWV today and Wed. The people at BC will need to walk around the BW side to get to the HS walkway. The walkway is blocked by the ship slide and you can't go over the bridge by Swan & Dolphin.
That makes sense if the Soccer teams are staying at Swan & Dolphin.

We are here now. We walked to DHS Wednesday and back with no problem, but that was the only day we had park reservations for DHS. And I agree with above poster on bakery selection. And general store was out of half gallon milk the 2 nights we looked. They may have more now but we had to walk over to beach club to get milk
Can you tell me if Abracadabar is open? We were there a few weeks ago and it was closed due to the mandate but I just saw a vlog where it was open however I'm not sure when the vlog was filmed.

I hope Big River Grille opens soon - my local Gordon Biersch closed and I have about $400 on my rewards card that I'm hoping to spend there! (The company who owns it declared bankruptcy earlier this year, but the two Big River Grille locations in Tennessee are back open, so fingers crossed!)

Define soon? The Swan & Dolphin open July 29th, YC & BC don't open until Aug. 24, and the BWI does not open until Oct. 1st.

We might have a better indication after the guest traffic picks up around Crescent lake.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter