Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

What type of coffee filters does the 1 bedroom coffee pots take? I've watched videos that show the kitchen but none of them show the inside of the coffee pot. I'm thinking of packing extra filters, a bag of coffee, sugar and creamer so we can make our own coffee in the mornings (and evenings if we'd like) and not have to ask for extras at the resort, since I'm not sure if it will be charged or free. Thanks!

What type of coffee filters does the 1 bedroom coffee pots take? I've watched videos that show the kitchen but none of them show the inside of the coffee pot. I'm thinking of packing extra filters, a bag of coffee, sugar and creamer so we can make our own coffee in the mornings (and evenings if we'd like) and not have to ask for extras at the resort, since I'm not sure if it will be charged or free. Thanks!
It's a Mr. Coffee basket filter machine.

This is probably the most random and hard to answer question but I have to talk things out. We have the opportunity to rent DVC next January at either BWV or AKL (not 100% sure yet Kidani or Jambo). Given the CURRENT state of both resorts, where would you pick and why? Then my second question, going in with the "expect the worst but hope for the best" mantra, if the resorts are at full NON COVID operations by January, THEN which park do you pick? We've never stayed deluxe, we visit all parks evenly pretty much, long 10 day stay, will have a 7 year old and a 4 month old, love to swim at the resort, will have our own car, but also don't mind disney transportation at all, usually eat quick service and don't plan on much if any sit down meals. I feel like I'll make the wrong choice and we'll be stuck with nothing to do, or we will be at a "boring" resort while the other choice is hoppin and poppin.

This is probably the most random and hard to answer question but I have to talk things out. We have the opportunity to rent DVC next January at either BWV or AKL (not 100% sure yet Kidani or Jambo). Given the CURRENT state of both resorts, where would you pick and why? Then my second question, going in with the "expect the worst but hope for the best" mantra, if the resorts are at full NON COVID operations by January, THEN which park do you pick? We've never stayed deluxe, we visit all parks evenly pretty much, long 10 day stay, will have a 7 year old and a 4 month old, love to swim at the resort, will have our own car, but also don't mind disney transportation at all, usually eat quick service and don't plan on much if any sit down meals. I feel like I'll make the wrong choice and we'll be stuck with nothing to do, or we will be at a "boring" resort while the other choice is hoppin and poppin.
Under current conditions, you will find that Jambo is a ghost town with no dining options available. The pool is open but the pool bar is only open on weekends. Kidani has the better kids' area. The hallways are long and dining choices are limited to the pool bar and Sanaa (a TS restaurant that offers a QS breakfast). There is a community hall with some games and coloring activities. There's also a lookout point at both Jambo and Kidani where you can relax and watch the animals if you don't have a savanna view from your room. The gift shops have a limited supply of snacks and grocery items.

At BWV, only the DVC side is currently open. The Inn side is closed. The pool is open and the slide was recently refurbished. QS dining options include a pizza window, pool bar offerings and the Boardwalk Bakery. You can also walk to the Beach Club Marketplace for QS meals or head over to the S/D. Entertainment on the Boardwalk has been suspended for now and the normally busy atmosphere is a bit subdued. BWV also has a community hall with games, coloring activities. Ping pong tables and foosball. Tennis equipment can be borrowed for use on the tennis courts, which I believe are open. The Screen Door General Store has a limited selection of grocery items.

Between the two resorts, I would choose BWV over AKV for most trips even before COVID hit if I was looking for a resort that is "hoppin and poppin". AKV is very laid back and relaxing.

Pandemic or no pandemic, I would always chose BWV over AKL. More food and gift shop options (because of other resorts within walking distance), easy walk to 1 park, longer walk to second park. I enjoy walking around when I am staying in that area. I would only chose AKV if I were taking someone who specifically requested it.

I never do split stays and normally I don't recommend them because packing up and not having access to your room for a day is a pain in the neck, but I think 10 days would be a long time at any Disney resort so it might make sense in this situation.

Last edited:
What are the coffee makers like in the Studios? I am assuming they aren't the Keurig's that are in the regular rooms? My daughter loves the Joffrey's coffee at the resorts in the regular rooms, but trying to prep her for something different. Are they filters like in the Villas?

I have stayed at both and would choose BWV especially with you want something with more to do. Even if things aren't totally open. More food choices even with how things are right now. I know you said you don't mind Disney transportation and generally we are fine with it too but the transportation from AK was all bus and took awhile to get anywhere. At BWV you have 2 parks that you can walk or take a boat to and you will only have to take a bus to the other 2. AK was pretty and I'm glad we stayed there once just so we were able to experience it but I would pick BWV every time over AK.

What are the coffee makers like in the Studios? I am assuming they aren't the Keurig's that are in the regular rooms? My daughter loves the Joffrey's coffee at the resorts in the regular rooms, but trying to prep her for something different. Are they filters like in the Villas?
Coffeemakers in DVC studios are regular drip coffeemakers as in the other villas. Studios usually have the 4 cup size but the 10-12 cup size is available on request. Joffrey's coffee is provided in the little filter packs, and you can get more on request at no charge. Or you can bring your own, along with the flat-bottom filters, if you prefer something other than Joffrey's.

Coffeemakers in DVC studios are regular drip coffeemakers as in the other villas. Studios usually have the 4 cup size but the 10-12 cup size is available on request. Joffrey's coffee is provided in the little filter packs, and you can get more on request at no charge. Or you can bring your own, along with the flat-bottom filters, if you prefer something other than Joffrey's.
Thank you! We definitely like the Joffrey's. When we were at Contemporary in August they brought so much that we brought a ton home. She is just now running out (drinks a few cups a week). So she will be sad for no new K-cups, but happy she can at least get the Joffrey's while we are there. Thanks again. 40 days to go!

Joffreys has a site on line that sells the cups and if you spend $50, its free shipping. Also there is usually a coupon your can find online as well.

Joffreys has a site on line that sells the cups and if you spend $50, its free shipping. Also there is usually a coupon your can find online as well.
Thank you! I haven't looked to purchase it online yet due to having so much here and not wanting to spend money on shipping. I will have to look at it closer after the trip! I don't like it, but she is obsessed.

Under current conditions, you will find that Jambo is a ghost town with no dining options available. The pool is open but the pool bar is only open on weekends. Kidani has the better kids' area. The hallways are long and dining choices are limited to the pool bar and Sanaa (a TS restaurant that offers a QS breakfast). There is a community hall with some games and coloring activities. There's also a lookout point at both Jambo and Kidani where you can relax and watch the animals if you don't have a savanna view from your room. The gift shops have a limited supply of snacks and grocery items.

At BWV, only the DVC side is currently open. The Inn side is closed. The pool is open and the slide was recently refurbished. QS dining options include a pizza window, pool bar offerings and the Boardwalk Bakery. You can also walk to the Beach Club Marketplace for QS meals or head over to the S/D. Entertainment on the Boardwalk has been suspended for now and the normally busy atmosphere is a bit subdued. BWV also has a community hall with games, coloring activities. Ping pong tables and foosball. Tennis equipment can be borrowed for use on the tennis courts, which I believe are open. The Screen Door General Store has a limited selection of grocery items.

Between the two resorts, I would choose BWV over AKV for most trips even before COVID hit if I was looking for a resort that is "hoppin and poppin". AKV is very laid back and relaxing.

Ditto!

Does the BWI share buses with another resort? I’m assuming yes especially since it’s just the DVC side that is open?

Does the BWI share buses with another resort? I’m assuming yes especially since it’s just the DVC side that is open?
Right now, I wouldn’t think so. They are only seating a few parties per bus, no standing at all. It’s possible at off times I gues, but those buses will be full at park open and close.

Hello! I have a quick question. Are the showers in the fitness center currently available to use? We have a few hours to kill before ME picks us up and I was hoping we could spend that time at the pool. TIA!

We are also looking forward to a "decent view" and not a parking lot view. DH loves to sit on balconies and our goal is to have a "casual" vacay this time with NOT going to rope drop each day and no ADR's. So I think he would love to start the day with coffee on the balcony and a cold one in his hand out there in the evening!

Actually, we used to enjoy the standard view rooms near the main entrance (not the boardwalk side). We really enjoyed the people watching.
Having said that, we've also gotten a pool/garden view and enjoyed that as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter