• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

The resort rooms have Keurigs though right? I thought i saw that somewhere earlier.
Correct the resort rooms on the BWI side have the Keurigs single pod units.

The drip coffee posts are only on the Villas side. They come in 2 sizes 4-6 cup and 8-12. If you get a size you don't like just call Housekeeping and they will bring you the other size.

Dave

The drip coffee posts are only on the Villas side. They come in 2 sizes 4-6 cup and 8-12. If you get a size you don't like just call Housekeeping and they will bring you the other size.

It’s the same Joffreys packet lol. So funny 😆 Makes 4 cups or 10-12 cups. Directions say use more or less water to suite your taste.

7BFB527C-5D68-40E3-BF9E-0BEA61F0B30F.jpeg7101AC50-3A03-49C8-AA27-7AAB36578893.jpeg

Woo Hoo! Upgraded ourselves last night from Caribbean Beach Resort to a BWI Standard room. The room rates are kind of crazy, but I convinced myself that I am combining last year's (cancelled trip) budget with this years. I researched room requests while I was on hold for an hour with Disney, but could not come up with anything specific. I will take any ideas anyone would like to offer.

Woo Hoo! Upgraded ourselves last night from Caribbean Beach Resort to a BWI Standard room. The room rates are kind of crazy, but I convinced myself that I am combining last year's (cancelled trip) budget with this years. I researched room requests while I was on hold for an hour with Disney, but could not come up with anything specific. I will take any ideas anyone would like to offer.
We had a standard view booked (and canceled-thanks Covid) & I went on the Touring Plans website to research views. There are a few rooms in the standard category that look over an air conditioning unit near ESPN. Not a great view but it was super close to the emergency exit that leads down to the courtyard quiet pool. I figured while the view was no great shakes being seconds away from my favorite pool on property made up for it. Good luck w/ your research!!

Here now at BWV just for one night after Y&BC and I might be a convert! We got an upgraded view, from standard to pool, 5th floor. The pool is soooo much calmer than SAB and my son declared it the best slide ever. They do have some simple bakery items and coffee by the front desk for sale in the AM. My other hot tip, is that if you need filtered water at 2 AM get it at the gym! The BWI rooms look great. Hope everyone coming soon has a great trip!

Here now at BWV just for one night after Y&BC and I might be a convert! We got an upgraded view, from standard to pool, 5th floor. The pool is soooo much calmer than SAB and my son declared it the best slide ever. They do have some simple bakery items and coffee by the front desk for sale in the AM. My other hot tip, is that if you need filtered water at 2 AM get it at the gym! The BWI rooms look great. Hope everyone coming soon has a great trip!
Good tip about the water.

QQ about the gym I see there are stated hours (open at 6?) but can you access at any time?
While I don't generally exercise while there (all the walking we do should be enough for the most part) if I did it would be preferrably super-early, like 5a.
Based on your experience getting water from there can I assume going there prior to the posted hours shouldn't be a problem?

Good tip about the water.

QQ about the gym I see there are stated hours (open at 6?) but can you access at any time?
While I don't generally exercise while there (all the walking we do should be enough for the most part) if I did it would be preferrably super-early, like 5a.
Based on your experience getting water from there can I assume going there prior to the posted hours shouldn't be a problem?
Nope it was open and blasting 60s rock when I was there skulking for water at 2 AM.

While I don't generally exercise while there (all the walking we do should be enough for the most part) if I did it would be preferrably super-early, like 5a....
...even if you go at 6AM, it was never crowded at all...maybe 1-3 other people....

Hello folks--We are booked towards the end of July. I know the actual resort doesn't reopen until July 2nd--but wondering if anyone knows if the to go cart on the boardwalk for quick and easy snack/meal ideas for my teens/tween will be open by then? Just looking on the website, I see plenty of sweet options (ice cream, bakery, etc.) but not a lot of savory options. We like to let them go off on their own--so smaller snack shops, etc. are excellent quick food options for them.

One more quick question--does anyone know if Big River Grille and Brewing is a walk up place or do you know need ADR? I didn't see the "check availability" link on the website, so I was assuming it doesn't need ADR or isn't open?

Last edited:
One more quick question--does anyone know if Big River Grille and Brewing is a walk up place or do you know need ADR? I didn't see the "check availability" link on the website, so I was assuming it doesn't need ADR or isn't open?
It is open! You can make a reservation through the OpenTable app, but I'm sure you can walk up as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter