• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

One more quick question--does anyone know if Big River Grille and Brewing is a walk up place or do you know need ADR? I didn't see the "check availability" link on the website, so I was assuming it doesn't need ADR or isn't open?
As previous poster said, in the past the BRG has pretty much been easy to walk up and be seated quickly.
Just looking on the website, I see plenty of sweet options (ice cream, bakery, etc.) but not a lot of savory options.
The Boardwalk Bakery sells sandwiches and other savory items, not just sweets. The current menu is HERE.

It seems to be a trend.

I just upgraded to BWI as well.

Wanted a Birthday trip for F&W and then added Boo Bash and changed from Movies to Fort Wilderness Cabins to POP and now BWI.

I decided that if I was going to do a Deluxe stay with not 1 but 2 fall events happening then this was the year to splurge and do it.

Hello folks--We are booked towards the end of July. I know the actual resort doesn't reopen until July 2nd--but wondering if anyone knows if the to go cart on the boardwalk for quick and easy snack/meal ideas for my teens/tween will be open by then? Just looking on the website, I see plenty of sweet options (ice cream, bakery, etc.) but not a lot of savory options. We like to let them go off on their own--so smaller snack shops, etc. are excellent quick food options for them.

One more quick question--does anyone know if Big River Grille and Brewing is a walk up place or do you know need ADR? I didn't see the "check availability" link on the website, so I was assuming it doesn't need ADR or isn't open?
We ate there last month. We booked on Open Table instead of MDE because they had more availability. Food was fantastic and so was the service.

I have never used open table before--I had no idea. Are there other restaurants at Disney on there too--or maybe its just the non-Disney owned ones? Thanks all!

Hello folks--We are booked towards the end of July. I know the actual resort doesn't reopen until July 2nd--but wondering if anyone knows if the to go cart on the boardwalk for quick and easy snack/meal ideas for my teens/tween will be open by then? Just looking on the website, I see plenty of sweet options (ice cream, bakery, etc.) but not a lot of savory options. We like to let them go off on their own--so smaller snack shops, etc. are excellent quick food options for them.

There are a number of options available including the Leaping Libations pool bar--sandwiches, salads, etc., The Screen Door (general store on the Boardwalk), and I seem to recall back quite a number of pages that someone did indicate Boardwalk To Go was up and running, but that may have been for a busy weekend, i.e., Memorial Day or maybe just weekends. Short walks from BWI you can hit up BC Marketplace and Ale & Compass Marketplace at YC. Swan & Dolphin each have a couple of grab and go places as well as Picabu at Dolphin which is a fast food restaurant with pizza, tacos, grab and go sandwiches, etc. Loads of choices for teens/tween.

There are a number of options available including the Leaping Libations pool bar--sandwiches, salads, etc., The Screen Door (general store on the Boardwalk), and I seem to recall back quite a number of pages that someone did indicate Boardwalk To Go was up and running, but that may have been for a busy weekend, i.e., Memorial Day or maybe just weekends. Short walks from BWI you can hit up BC Marketplace and Ale & Compass Marketplace at YC. Swan & Dolphin each have a couple of grab and go places as well as Picabu at Dolphin which is a fast food restaurant with pizza, tacos, grab and go sandwiches, etc. Loads of choices for teens/tween.
Very helpful! I did notice the BW bakery--but only like 3 sandwich choices there so I didn't put much hope in that.

The Boardwalk Bakery is home to the Almond Croissant. So absolutely delightful, I started my day off with one nearly every day we were there. That place is addicting, just love it and can't wait to get back there!!!

Just had an Italian hero from there and it was yummy 😋 (DH had a berry salad and said it was good!)

I'll be there during that same time, I am so excited! I mean, I've been several times since reopening, but something about coming back to BWI has me extra excited.

Same time (a little shorter trip) frame. Was worried about crowds since it's the last full week before Labor Day but still excited for a new resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter