• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Question for anyone that happens to know - has the Funnel Cake Cart been open?

:thanks:
I was there two weeks ago and don't recall seeing it open. A lot of the food booths closed on the early side, at least in my opinion for the boardwalk atmosphere. At 9pm the pizza window, bakery, and ice cream shop were the only quick service/snack type places open on the boardwalk itself. All of the stands were closed by that time. I believe Belle Vue was still open inside though. The carnival games were also not open.

Yes. Unfortunately I didn’t do a great job of tracking time yesterday morning. I know they let us though before 8:30 because I was surprised at got early it was.
They had different CMs holding signs for different areas. We went for Slinky and we were right under the archway waiting until they started walking us. We were on the second train. When we were walking down after the ride, the line was already down to the bottom of the hill

I just saw this in the Every Rope Drop thread:

DHS: Guests being allowed in shortly after 8 but being held until 8:30 then walked down Sunset, to Toystory Land or Galaxy's Edge.

So this sounds like what you experienced. Thank you!

I'll double that they are letting people in early at HS. We walked from BWI a couple weeks ago and even though were in the park before 9 and right at the MMRR queue at 9, the line was already posted as 85 minutes. It took about 60 minutes from the start of the queue to ride exit.

Yes, they are letting folks in earlier than posted opening times. There's an Everything Rope Drop Thread that talks about going in earlier. For DHS: DHS: Guests being allowed in shortly after 8 but being held until 8:30 then walked down Sunset, to Toystory Land or Galaxy's Edge.

Harmonius testing around 1215 am... security guy whereled up the Boardwalk and stopped and said "wasn't that beautiful. They do it 2x a week now ". He then told me he was en route to a couple noise complaints...lol. go figure. Basically ran out in my boxers to witness it while someone else called in a complaint.

This is our first time at the boardwalk and we love it so far! The biggest letdown is having the playground in with the pool so it doesn’t open until 10. When you have a toddler that’s up at 5:30 am you need a playground early in the day 😆

Harmonius testing around 1215 am... security guy whereled up the Boardwalk and stopped and said "wasn't that beautiful. They do it 2x a week now ". He then told me he was en route to a couple noise complaints...lol. go figure. Basically ran out in my boxers to witness it while someone else called in a complaint.

Ah yes... the midnight fireworks testing... one of the minor benefits of a stay at the Boardwalk. I recall a number of nights over the years during our mid December trips to the BWI when we were awakened by what I guessed was testing for the New Year's Eve display. Since we requested an Epcot view room we had a good view of the fireworks.

Hello, everyone. I may be coming back the the Boardwalk Inn for a quick stay after Thanksgiving this year. I just booked yesterday, so haven't firmed up other plans yet, but wanted to check in here to see what's new.

Last time I was there was Dec of 2016, and the rooms still had carpeting and those stripy coverings on the beds... I'm hoping someone can tell me that they have been updated since then. I know that not everything is fully back yet, but as busy at things are right now, maybe everything will fully open soon.

If you can point me to some current photos, I'd appreciate it. The first few posts here don't seem to be working for me.

Thanks, everyone!

Hello, everyone. I may be coming back the the Boardwalk Inn for a quick stay after Thanksgiving this year. I just booked yesterday, so haven't firmed up other plans yet, but wanted to check in here to see what's new.

Last time I was there was Dec of 2016, and the rooms still had carpeting and those stripy coverings on the beds... I'm hoping someone can tell me that they have been updated since then. I know that not everything is fully back yet, but as busy at things are right now, maybe everything will fully open soon.

If you can point me to some current photos, I'd appreciate it. The first few posts here don't seem to be working for me.

Thanks, everyone!

I’m here now and there is still carpeting. I don’t think the rooms have been updated since 14/15. The villas side are renovated, but not the inn.

I made my 500 days out reservation for New Years Eve 2022 for Boardwalk - I only want two nights, Dec 31 - Jan 2, but it won't let me. I was able to make Dec 30 - Jan 2, but it says rooms are not available for Dec 31 - Jan 2. Does Disney have set up minimum night stays during the holidays like that? I'm unable to mod it or find availability for any group size for Dec 31-Jan 2.

Does Disney have set up minimum night stays during the holidays like that? I'm unable to mod it or find availability for any group size for Dec 31-Jan 2.
You hit the dreaded weekend only reservation issue in the booking engine. The booking engine works very hard to minimize orphan rooms. So by you booking only the weekend F-Sun, the system has a hole to manage for a room on both sides of your reservation.

Only Guest Services can override the minimum stay booking engine limit. You can call GS in the fall of 2022 to get any extra rooms dropped.

Dave

You hit the dreaded weekend only reservation issue in the booking engine. The booking engine works very hard to minimize orphan rooms. So by you booking only the weekend F-Sun, the system has a hole to manage for a room on both sides of your reservation.

Only Guest Services can override the minimum stay booking engine limit. You can call GS in the fall of 2022 to get any extra rooms dropped.

Dave
So I shouldn't bother to call them until 2022? I'm double booked, as I have reservations at the Contemp from Dec 27-Dec 31, so I overlap on Dec 31 at two hotels right now.

Page 2 rescue...
We had a recent..as in last month..lol...stay at the BWI after not having traveled to WDW for almost a year and a half...and I must say it was so very nice to be back ! We did a split stay BWI and GF..and so appreciated all of the sights and sounds that we hadn't been able to enjoy for so long..
The grounds were as lovely as always..and the boardwalk itself was too..altho..we definitely missed the evening entertainment and I sure hope that they bring it back..
The new and IMO very terrific option..was the ability to do mobile ordering for a take out restaurant meal (beside the pizza window..lol)..we loved being able to mobile order ..so very easy..and so many nice options...especially Trattoria al Forno and Ale and Compass..altho it would have been nice to be able to do a take out from Boardwalk Joe's :rolleyes1:tilt::drinking1...just saying..lol..during our visit the Bellevue Lounge( for breakfast )was set up in the lobby...definitely not as nice as the Bellevue Lounge itself (which has since reopened in it's proper location)..but great for morning coffee and a quick bite...altho you could not use the refill mugs at that location...not sure if that's a permanent thing or not.. also Dundees Sundries in the lobby had just reopened...but more limited in it's offerings...now if Flying Fishing would just reopen!!
As always the ability to walk to 2 parks...and the wonderful Friendships..made getting to DHS and Epcot a breeze...
I took some pictures to share...altho they will be sideways..lol...
Meant to mention that we did some inside dining..but mostly outdoor or take out..and really found it easy to get what we wanted/needed from The Screen Door...and not too costly either...
And another as always..the resort was so charming ...such a wonderful vibe!! and the CM as friendly and helpful as can be!
All in all a wonder reintroduction to our happy place...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter