Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Can someone confirm if there are murphy beds in the 2 bedroom villas?

I feel like I recall readung they were added at some point since we were there last.

I feel like I recall readung they were added at some point since we were there last.
The thing about DVC these days is that there are two different types of pull-down beds.

DVC members often say "Murphy Bed" when they are referring to the bed that pulls down from the wall and lands over the sofa. Disney refers to those as "double-size pulldown beds." Those might be in new DVC resorts, or DVC resorts which were recently renovated.

Other DVC rooms have a bed that pulls down from under the TV. Disney refers to those as "single pull-down beds." They are smaller than a twin size mattress. A BWV studio has one of these single pull-down beds, and a sofa bed, and a queen-size bed. A BWV 1-bedroom has a queen-size bed in the bedroom and a queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room. If you stay in a two-bedroom at BWV, you are in a studio which connects to a one-bedroom.

See this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-murphy-bed-pull-down-in-living-room.3872043/

Last edited:

Best Aunt is correct. The studio portion of the 2BR will have the single bunk-size Murphy. At this time, the living room has the queen size sofa that folds out into a bed, not the queen size Murphy bed that comes down over the couch.

BWV will undergo refurbishment beginning in September 2023, and at that time it’s expected that the queen size Murphy beds will be installed in the living rooms of the 1BR and 2BR villas. So if your visit is later in 2023 or in early 2024, you may have the queen size Murphy.

Can someone tell me what the hours typically are for the carnival games on the BW & pricing? Also, is there a set schedule for the entertainers?

The thing about DVC these days is that there are two different types of pull-down beds.

DVC members often say "Murphy Bed" when they are referring to the bed that pulls down from the wall and lands over the sofa. Disney refers to those as "double-size pulldown beds." Those might be in new DVC resorts, or DVC resorts which were recently renovated.

Other DVC rooms have a bed that pulls down from under the TV. Disney refers to those as "single pull-down beds." They are smaller than a twin size mattress. A BWV studio has one of these single pull-down beds, and a sofa bed, and a queen-size bed. A BWV 1-bedroom has a queen-size bed in the bedroom and a queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room. If you stay in a two-bedroom at BWV, you are in a studio which connects to a one-bedroom.

See this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-murphy-bed-pull-down-in-living-room.3872043/
Thank you, that little one under the TV was the one I was looking for. My youngest daughter loves to sleep in that alone!

I will be going to BWV in feb 2023 ("low season).

we will be checking out on Feb 18th (saturday). I hired a private driver. My return flight is 2:35pm (domestic), and I scheduled pickup for 11:30 AM (so about 3 hours in advance).

I was told 3 hours is enough for domestic flights.

What do you guys think?

we will be checking out on Feb 18th (saturday). I hired a private driver. My return flight is 2:35pm (domestic), and I scheduled pickup for 11:30 AM (so about 3 hours in advance).

What do you guys think?
I would think 3 hours is enough.

But I also think that particular day might be busy with people arriving. That's the Saturday before President's Day. A lot of people have President's Day off. Some schools are closed for a week beginning on President's Day.

What do you guys think?

Unpopular take and I tend to get yelled at around here when I admit this, but I'm a 2 hour person... meaning I want to be leaving WDW property 2 hours before my flight. That said, some major caveats... I travel a lot so have a high comfort level navigating airport timing with little room for error, I have Clear, pre-check, I use curbside check-in or priority luggage check with Delta (if I'm checking bags), I'm always flying Delta and my destination has tons of direct flights per day, so I have a general expectation of usual conditions, etc. Sitting around an airport for longer than is needed annoys me, so I prefer to keep any waiting short. Bathroom, snack, board is my goal. 8-)

I've done 2 hours for years through every variation of high/low crowds/times of day, etc, many trips per year, and have (knock on wood) never come close to having a problem, FWIW.

That said that strategy isn't for everyone and those that prefer more cushion, don't have Pre-check, or fly airlines with historically longer luggage check-in should definitely build in more time, IMO. So 3 hours isn't wrong, but it's possible to be more aggressive for those inclined.

What do you guys think?
I'm in the "rather be early than late" group, and we try to leave WDW about 3 hours before scheduled plane departure too. We have Pre-Check and do online checkin so we only need to do bag drop, then we can comfortably amble down the concourse and find a seat. Now that it's only two of us, we might leave a little later than 3 hours before, but if we were wrangling a number of kids, 3 hours it would be.

I don’t really agree with the “everything Disney is doing is so generic” critique I often see repeated these days. That said, this space sure does look pretty generic. 😂

Not exactly sure what I was expecting and I’m certainly no designer, just feels a little plain?

Thoughts?

If you didn’t tell me this was BWI I would have thought it was a good neighbor hotel. 😬

I don’t really agree with the “everything Disney is doing is so generic” critique I often see repeated these days. That said, this space sure does look pretty generic. 😂

Not exactly sure what I was expecting and I’m certainly no designer, just feels a little plain?

Thoughts?

I assume Disney doesn't pay imagineers much anymore. as thats some lazy basic design. Just stick a few pictures of Carousels up and to give it a name.

Thoughts?

861AF058-1842-4FDE-A5E6-F32703134052.jpeg
Design is definitely meh but the coffee is pretty good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter