Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thanks! Is a an elevator from the ground floor all the way up, or do you still need to get to the lobby to take the Villa side elevator - for coming from Epcot or DHS? Or do you have to take the Inn side ground floor to the 2nd floor, then cross through the lobby to get to the Villa side elevator. Sorry, I've never even gone through the lobby to the Villa side....

When coming back from DHS' walkway, you can cut into the main pool area, past the pool to the building, where the gym and arcade are located, there's a ground-floor door to the elevators. When coming back from Epcot or the boats, cut through the tunnel to the right of the courtyard, right next to the gallery store, and that takes you through to the main pool area, and the elevator entrances to the left.

Does anyone think there is any chance they update the kiddie pool to one of the splash pad areas during this refurb?

Thanks! Is a an elevator from the ground floor all the way up, or do you still need to get to the lobby to take the Villa side elevator - for coming from Epcot or DHS? Or do you have to take the Inn side ground floor to the 2nd floor, then cross through the lobby to get to the Villa side elevator. Sorry, I've never even gone through the lobby to the Villa side....
1 elevator on the Villa side goes to all floors. That's what I was trying to say when I said on the Villa side you don't have to take 2 elevators like on the Inn side.

Demolition & Gutting of Former ESPN Club Location Continues For Transformation Into Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk

cake-bake-shop-espn-club-01162023-8.jpg

cake-bake-shop-espn-club-01162023-2.jpg

1673955635453.jpeg

RIP ESPN. I didn't hang out there for long hours, but always liked that there was a late spot for a quick meal and catch up on game scores. Big River is OK, though a bit tiny inside - I never had too much trouble getting a spot in the bar area at ESPN for a chili, burger, etc. But, times move on.

Maybe I missed it, but did the Boardwalk To Go window close down? It was closed this past Saturday over the lunch hour.

Sorry you had to cancel
for the redo they are doing this is enough time
it’s not major work
i mean it’s more than soft goods but it’s not reworking construction of rooms like converting to DVC or something would require
What sort of renovations are being made? I am thinking of staying at BWI or BWV in late May and am curious about this. Also looking at Saratoga Springs.

Maybe I missed it, but did the Boardwalk To Go window close down? It was closed this past Saturday over the lunch hour.
I actually just did a search on this cause it wasn't on the list of restaurants on the WDW website anymore. Disney Food Blog said it hasn't been open for quite some time and there was no news as to whether they would be back or not.

They were a third party vendor if I remember correctly so maybe there is an issue with that?

I was really hoping for those carne asada fries when we go back this May. 🙁

I actually just did a search on this cause it wasn't on the list of restaurants on the WDW website anymore. Disney Food Blog said it hasn't been open for quite some time and there was no news as to whether they would be back or not.

They were a third party vendor if I remember correctly so maybe there is an issue with that?

Well that's sad. I know it was open as recently as November 5, 2022. I am surprised that its closing didn't generate more news.

I have a Deluxe Studio booked for end of March, (non-DVC member), and just stumbled across a grocery order delivery form that states groceries can be ordered and will be delivered on arrival day. Is this still something that can be done, or is it for DVC members only?

Or is it better to look into an Amazon or Insta-Cart service?

Last edited:
I have a Deluxe Studio booked for end of March, (non-DVC member), and just stumbled across a grocery order delivery form that states groceries can be ordered and will be delivered on arrival day. Is this still something that can be done, or is it for DVC members only?

Or is it better to look into an Amazon or Insta-Cart service?
Definitely Amazon/InstaCart etc. It will be much cheaper with larger variety.

Definitely Amazon/InstaCart etc. It will be much cheaper with larger variety.
Thanks.... that was I was thinking too as I looked over the form... it's pretty limited. I'm just not sure about timing delivery... will Bell services store refrigerated stuff? I think they used to, but I thought I heard they had changed.

Thanks.... that was I was thinking too as I looked over the form... it's pretty limited. I'm just not sure about timing delivery... will Bell services store refrigerated stuff? I think they used to, but I thought I heard they had changed.
Bell services will refrigerate your perishables. What they don't do anymore, is transfer perishables if you are changing resorts.

My understanding is that the DVC grocery order form is only for groceries which are sold in the hotel's gift shop. That's why the selection is limited. I don't know if it is only available for DVC owners or if anyone can order.

I am so sad the Boardwalk ToGo stand is closed. I have stayed there many times as it is my home resort and just came across the buffalo chicken fries when I was there in October. I really hope they reopen.

Last summer they were only open a few days a week, not every day. Hope they are not permanently closed.

I am so sad the Boardwalk ToGo stand is closed. I have stayed there many times as it is my home resort and just came across the buffalo chicken fries when I was there in October. I really hope they reopen.

Agreed. The mac and cheese bites were my guilty pleasure snack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter