Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Ok since I was bumped from April trip from Cl to another resort I booked last weekend to see the new rooms.

The section in the back which is only floors one and two looked done. For the inn side that needs the elevator to access floors 3-5 here’s what I found. When you exited the elevator the hallway left had the new carpet. The halls to the right did not. I walked down the hall to where the cl desk was. It was empty. The locked door was unlocked. I walked to the end and no rooms appeared to be worked on.

We were in room 4263 which is just before the cl door. Our room only had pant hangers in the closet. The next day a cm had a rolling rack in the hall full of hangers. When we left at 11a about 10 rooms had their doors propped open and there were less hangers on the rack.

It appeared to me they were restocking the rooms.

So the water view rooms are in the section not yet done. I don’t know how they do construction and keep that section open with noise?

I feel we will just have to wait for more hands on reporting. I know someone that has cl booked starting 4/30. I told her to book a backup elsewhere. I wish we hadnt canceled our back up. Lesson learned.
years back when they were upgrading the marble floors at the GF RPC CL 4th floor and we had Deluxe 4422 booked, they were running behind and moved us to sugar loaf; we had the option of a 1 BR suite or 2 connecting rooms; with a DW and DD we opted for the 2 rooms with 2 bathrooms and 4 beds; then 3 days in, Patty from PA, the RPC CL CM who knew us, came over and whispered that today was the day; so we skipped the AM at the parks and moved right back over to 4422 in the RPC; Sugar Loaf was OK but no comparison to the main building;

Hi all.

I have posted this from time to time here and never seem to get any takers, but if anyone would like to volunteer to 'host' a new BWI thread, please let me know. As sometimes goes on message boards like this, with the passage of time and as DISers come/go, the original few pages of this thread are quite stale. I personally don't think these types of threads need to be as exhaustive/covering every nook and cranny of the resort like they once were before the days of bloggers/YouTube/etc where a lot of info can be found a few clicks away, but it can be helpful to have someone with some experience/passion for the resort 'running' the thread just to keep things fresh.

Let me know if interested.

:thanks:

years back when they were upgrading the marble floors at the GF RPC CL 4th floor and we had Deluxe 4422 booked, they were running behind and moved us to sugar loaf; we had the option of a 1 BR suite or 2 connecting rooms; with a DW and DD we opted for the 2 rooms with 2 bathrooms and 4 beds; then 3 days in, Patty from PA, the RPC CL CM who knew us, came over and whispered that today was the day; so we skipped the AM at the parks and moved right back over to 4422 in the RPC; Sugar Loaf was OK but no comparison to the main building;
Yep I know Patty too! Glad it worked out for you!

I wouldn’t count on it. With the BCV refurb pushed back to “late fall,” I wouldn’t be surprised if starting BWV interiors is pushed back too. And ALL Standard view villas are blocked from booking from January 1 through sometime in February, so presumably some kind of exterior work will be happening there during that time.

I didn't realize that. We usually rent DVC , I should have bought in back in 2015, still may but renting has worked out great for us.

maybe we'll get some more info soon.

Ok since I was bumped from April trip from Cl to another resort I booked last weekend to see the new rooms.

The section in the back which is only floors one and two looked done. For the inn side that needs the elevator to access floors 3-5 here’s what I found. When you exited the elevator the hallway left had the new carpet. The halls to the right did not. I walked down the hall to where the cl desk was. It was empty. The locked door was unlocked. I walked to the end and no rooms appeared to be worked on.

We were in room 4263 which is just before the cl door. Our room only had pant hangers in the closet. The next day a cm had a rolling rack in the hall full of hangers. When we left at 11a about 10 rooms had their doors propped open and there were less hangers on the rack.

It appeared to me they were restocking the rooms.

So the water view rooms are in the section not yet done. I don’t know how they do construction and keep that section open with noise?

I feel we will just have to wait for more hands on reporting. I know someone that has cl booked starting 4/30. I told her to book a backup elsewhere. I wish we hadnt canceled our back up. Lesson learned.
Seems like they still have time to do the Inn water side during April, but definitely cutting it close. And then there’s the actual club lounge…

Hi all.

I have posted this from time to time here and never seem to get any takers, but if anyone would like to volunteer to 'host' a new BWI thread, please let me know. As sometimes goes on message boards like this, with the passage of time and as DISers come/go, the original few pages of this thread are quite stale. I personally don't think these types of threads need to be as exhaustive/covering every nook and cranny of the resort like they once were before the days of bloggers/YouTube/etc where a lot of info can be found a few clicks away, but it can be helpful to have someone with some experience/passion for the resort 'running' the thread just to keep things fresh.

Let me know if interested.

:thanks:
Found somebody, she pm’d you.
Best multi-quoter around, 👍😁👌😅😂

She likes emojis too. :rotfl:

Hello all!
We were originally booked to stay at the Poly for our visit in September '23, but after the summer discounts were released a couple of days ago (10% at Poly vs 30% at BWI), we changed resorts! We've stayed at the Beach Club and POR previously, and can't wait to check into the Board Walk Inn.

Just got a call from my TA - looks like the Inn won't be ready in time for my May 7th-14th trip so I got move to BWV deluxe studio. Totally fine with that so I can stay in EPCOT area. Just wanted others to know to they may get a call.

Just got a call from my TA - looks like the Inn won't be ready in time for my May 7th-14th trip so I got move to BWV deluxe studio. Totally fine with that so I can stay in EPCOT area. Just wanted others to know to they may get a call.
Oh no! We have a May 12th arrival, but haven’t heard anything (yet).

Curious…what type of BWI room did you have booked? Thanks!

I also got the call today for two standard room reservations from 5/6-5/13, but we were switched to Yacht Club! I originally booked there due to noise concerns with renovation, but then got a bigger discount at BWI, so I switched there. Now we get YC without renovation noise, hopefully, for the BWI price!

I also got the call today for two standard room reservations from 5/6-5/13, but we were switched to Yacht Club! I originally booked there due to noise concerns with renovation, but then got a bigger discount at BWI, so I switched there. Now we get YC without renovation noise, hopefully, for the BWI price!
Funny , I did the same - originally YC then when discounts came out BWI . I don’t know if I could have requested YC . I didn’t think to ask since I was fine with BWV.
I am hoping since Disney initiated the move that our prices will remain the same. Would be different if we requested a change.

Funny , I did the same - originally YC then when discounts came out BWI . I don’t know if I could have requested YC . I didn’t think to ask since I was fine with BWV.
I am hoping since Disney initiated the move that our prices will remain the same. Would be different if we requested a change.
I specifically asked if the price was the same and they said “yes”. It’s already updated in my MDE and all looks good with price and location!

It should be the same. We got moved to Polynesian Club Level once from a regular room at Poly and we didn’t get charged any extra

Reactions: DLo
Not sure if this has been answered, and Google isn’t giving me the info I want. Are there places to refill water bottles at BWI? First time staying, and we’re planning on bringing cases of water, but it’s good to know just in case. Last year I nearly overheated one day and would rather avoid a repeat experience 😅 TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter