Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I was moved from the Inn to the Villas for early May trip.

I received a call from Disney a few weeks ago to ask if I would move from my standard view room at the Inn to the Villas in a standard view studio. I said no because I'm traveling with my DD and one of us would have to sleep on the pullout. I'd rather have the two queens beds. I said they could move me to Beach or Yacht club but they weren't willing to do that.

They called back last week and offered us a one bedroom villa (still standard view). I did accept this move even though one of us will still have to sleep on the pullout in the living room but I think this is totally worth the upgrade with the full kitchen ,washer/dryer and more room for both of us to get ready in the morning.

Just wanted to pass this along because I think they are really needing to move people and you may be able to negotiate the offer.

I'm off to research grocery delivery since we will have the full kitchen. I've never had groceries delivered before, any suggestions that may include wine?

Good luck to all those needing to move! :-)
I’m glad that you were able to move to somewhere that felt fair!

If you don’t mind sharing, what are your travel dates? We have a May 12th arrival and haven’t heard anything (yet).

I posted earlier in the thread. My dates are May 7 - 13 . Booked Inn side standard view - moved to Villas studio standard view. I am traveling solo so I am fine with a studio but understand why dres40 would hold out for something bigger.

As I posted in a different thread - FYI - We originally had a Boardwalk deluxe club level for 5/11-5/16. Today, we were contacted and moved to Poly garden club level
Of course due to refurb delays, but did they give any details?

with all of you being moved, I wonder if the buses will be less crowded for those of us that are in the villas? :-)

I also posted this in the CL thread -

We got the dreaded BWI call this afternoon.

Background -
5/12-5/14 we have reserved:
- 2 BR BWI CL
- Standard CL
- regular BWI room

(This was to maximize our chance at an Epcot stay since I haven’t been able to find any other YC or BC availability)

They were only calling about the 2 BR CL. That room will not be available. Hopefully that means the lounge and other CL rooms will be on schedule, but they didn’t have any information on that.

We were offered a 2 BR Villa at Boulder Ridge, but I declined. For what I want, it is not a good trade. They had no CL to offer.

Does anyone know if Boardwalk will still be under renovation from August 19-22? What amenities/things are under construction or unavailable?
Renovation likely ongoing into 2024.

Currently they are working on the Inn side rooms. I think in Sept it will be DVC villas turn starting with BW View rooms. The Boardwalk rooms and exterior renovations will hopefully be completed during the fall- The Cake Bake Shop is to open before year’s end so I think they’ll want the BW facade all squared by that point. The lobby reno is complete already, the new Carousel Coffee shop has opened, Boardwalk Bakery was changed to BW Deli, and the pool slide replacement is done.

No specifics have been confirmed by WDW outside the following notation on everything for Boardwalk in 2023:

“Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas is being refurbished, with new offerings, plus updates coming to our Guest rooms, lobby and more. Please note that while most hotel amenities will remain available, you may be able to see and hear construction during daytime hours. Additionally, please allow for additional travel time.”

We have a BW View Studio late December and would love if refurbed rooms were ready! I’ll share pics if that happens.

We are set to arrive 4/29. Currently booked at the Swan, but it looks like there is a garden view room available at Boardwalk. Couple of questions before I book...

1) Are all the garden view rooms renovated? If not, what percent?
2) Anyone with April reservations getting bumped? I'm confused why they would even continue to book if they have to keep moving people with May reservations? From what I can tell, many appear to be standard view rooms?

Are the people currently getting called about being moved all booked in club level rooms? I thought that all of the non club level rooms on the inn side were done being renovated. Is this the case, or not? This thread gets confusing because some posters don't seem to know the difference between club, non club inn side, and villas side. That's not a dig. I realize not everyone has stayed in every room type on property.

Are the people currently getting called about being moved all booked in club level rooms? I thought that all of the non club level rooms on the inn side were done being renovated. Is this the case, or not? This thread gets confusing because some posters don't seem to know the difference between club, non club inn side, and villas side. That's not a dig. I realize not everyone has stayed in every room type on property.
FWIW, I'm booked in a Boardwalk Inn Standard view 4/22 - 4/28 and have not received a call. From what I can decipher it seems like the Club Level room folks are the ones impacted. I know that the villas are not impacted yet.

No. Not all standard inn rooms are done as of the most recent reports. Hence why some people get calls and some don’t. But nobody knows how many are done/have left to go, and as they work on them, it would obviously keep shifting to fewer rooms not being completed.

CL standard rooms are still up in the air as is the actual opening of the CL lounge. If they were supposed to open around 5/1 and weren’t even bookable before that date, people haven’t been called yet since it’s far enough out on the horizon.

The only thing known definitively as of today is that ALL Deluxe CL and CL Suites are not available through at least mid-May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter