Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Trattoria al Forno and Pizza Window at Disney's BoardWalk Closing for Short Refurbishment in June

Guests visiting Disney's BoardWalk later this spring should keep in mind that Trattoria al Forno and the Pizza Window will be closed for refurbishment from June 11-17, 2023. While the restaurant is closed, limited breakfast offerings will be available at Flying Fish.

The Pizza Window will be moved to a temporary location, so Guests may continue to enjoy pizza throughout the closure.
Glad they have some other offerings during this time.

Hi. At the boardwalk now. Looks like rooms on the inn side along the Village Commons are closed ( of course, my room request!). only construction noises I've noticed were today, but we didn’t leave for the park until 9:30
Darn, lol. I arrive tomorrow and that's the area I submitted for my request as well. Oh well.

We also have May 12-15 booked, Standard View, no phone call to be moved yet. Wondering if anyone else with similar dates has any news?

Not sure if this has been answered, and Google isn’t giving me the info I want. Are there places to refill water bottles at BWI? First time staying, and we’re planning on bringing cases of water, but it’s good to know just in case. Last year I nearly overheated one day and would rather avoid a repeat experience 😅 TIA!
We’re here now and have been filling our water bottles at the BW deli. They have the standard soda dispenser setup, with the water refill option part of the Powerade selection.

I am so excited for our first stay at BWI in September.
We have a garden view room reserved.
What are the possibilities for garden views? Are there different gardens that can be viewed? Or is it just that we will look out on greenery?
Any recommendations for requests?
Thanks!

Since you used the term BWI I assume you are staying on the Inn, and not the DVC Villas?
I am staying at a Studio on the DVC side in June and requested this Garden View. Looks like you can view the boat coming in to time your AM park trip:
5055_sm.jpg
Perhaps there is something across the way on the Inn side. Here is a link to the Inn where you can view rooms:
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-boardwalk-inn

Since you used the term BWI I assume you are staying on the Inn, and not the DVC Villas?
I am staying at a Studio on the DVC side in June and requested this Garden View. Looks like you can view the boat coming in to time your AM park trip:
View attachment 756310
Perhaps there is something across the way on the Inn side. Here is a link to the Inn where you can view rooms:
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-boardwalk-inn
Yes, Inn side.
I’m looking at TP room finder now. It’s just so exciting to try a new-to-us resort!
There’s a pointy looking building at the bottom that looks like it only has 2 levels- is that a good area? Views look pretty.
Some of the higher up rooms you can only see tree tops, not a garden.
Are lower levels better for pretty views?

Also, when looking at the descriptions of the views, some say 2 Queen Beds and some say 2 Queen Beds + 1 Daybed.
Is the daybed room a bookable category or is that in the type of room just as a descriptor?

Yes, Inn side.
I’m looking at TP room finder now. It’s just so exciting to try a new-to-us resort!
There’s a pointy looking building at the bottom that looks like it only has 2 levels- is that a good area? Views look pretty.
Some of the higher up rooms you can only see tree tops, not a garden.
Are lower levels better for pretty views?
This is the 2nd time staying here for me and I never stayed on the Inn side. I have been fortunate enough to be able to rent DVC points from family so I am not familiar with the Inn side.

However I think that site has views of most, if not all, rooms and some, at the bottom, have comments from people who stayed there. You can change the floors as well on the top right.

Yes that is where may of the Garden View rooms are located on Floors 1-2 toward the V section. Due to the architecture in that area of the building you may only receive a 2 QB room without a day bed. It has to do with the various room sizes. It is most noticeable around the V section. If you need the day-bed make sure to include it on your request if you don't already have 5 guests listed.

The Second floor is easy access directly from the bus area and from the Front Door area (lobby area) The First floor is one level down and is hidden behind the Boardwalk section. The Section within the V have no neighbors over head on the 3rd floor. And the box section that sticks out into the Courtyard benefits from the same lower noise levels.

Both floors in that section have a great majority of the Garden view rooms.

Dave

Also, when looking at the descriptions of the views, some say 2 Queen Beds and some say 2 Queen Beds + 1 Daybed.
Is the daybed room a bookable category or is that in the type of room just as a descriptor?
Not bookable. I believe they place you in those rooms based on party size (5 vs <5).

I have some questions about the Boardwalk Resort - the hotel side.

Are there many standard rooms available? The view is of parking lot as I understand, not an issue. Do the standard views book rather fast? If we are considering going in late 2024, would it be wise to book a deposit on the room when the packages are released?

I have some questions about the Boardwalk Resort - the hotel side.

Are there many standard rooms available? The view is of parking lot as I understand, not an issue. Do the standard views book rather fast? If we are considering going in late 2024, would it be wise to book a deposit on the room when the packages are released?
I don't think they generally book that fast. However, the sooner you book after release, the lower the rack rate price usually is. This is useful if there are no specials released later. Also Certain times of the year are busier, depending on the specific time you intend to travel, that may be a busier week.

According to touring plans -

372 total rooms
68 standard view rooms in the following configurations

11 w/king + daybed or sleeper chair
52 w/2 queen + daybed
5 w/2 queen

They also have a handful (35ish) of club level standard view rooms in similar configurations.

In my past experience, deluxe resorts book up last. However, the cheaper standard rooms are usually the first to go. Especially since there are fewer of them. If you want a specific room type, I would book sooner rather than later.

I will book a standard view when rates come out for 2024, thank you both.
Then I will watch to see if any discounts come out at some point and see if I can upgrade to garden view.

Hi all! Trying to get information about the refurbishments. As I understand it, currently working on some rooms in BWI, including Club Level. And this refurbishment is running a bit behind schedule, but do ya'll think it will be completed within the next couple of months? We're looking into where to stay at the end of July and we love the location of BWI and there are rooms available with the 25% discount. Has anyone heard if there will be any construction in the common areas (pools/restaurants) in the next 3-4 months? Thank you!

Has anyone heard if there will be any construction in the common areas (pools/restaurants) in the next 3-4 months? Thank you!
BWI (Inn) rooms should be done by 5/1 along with the regular CL rooms and the CL lounge scheduled to reopen on 5/1. The 10 Deluxe rooms and suites have been delayed further into May. No update on the Outer CL Cottages at this point.

The Front Desk and lobby area were just recently completed along with the large 2nd floor bathrooms. The Pool slide was repaired but is back open. The Cake Bake shop is still under construction in the old ESPN Zone spot (it will be Table Service and a bakery). The Boardwalk Deli has replaced the Boardwalk Bakery.

They just announced closing of Trattoria al Forno and relocated the Pizza window for some minor work June 11-17.

Dave

BWI (Inn) rooms should be done by 5/1 along with the regular CL rooms and the CL lounge scheduled to reopen on 5/1. The 10 Deluxe rooms and suites have been delayed further into May. No update on the Outer CL Cottages at this point.

The Front Desk and lobby area were just recently completed along with the large 2nd floor bathrooms. The Pool slide was repaired but is back open. The Cake Bake shop is still under construction in the old ESPN Zone spot (it will be Table Service and a bakery). The Boardwalk Deli has replaced the Boardwalk Bakery.

They just announced closing of Trattoria al Forno and relocated the Pizza window for some minor work June 11-17.

Dave
Are you sure about this? My CL 5/1-5 reservation was downgraded to a Garden View due to CL not being completely done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter