Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Understood. I wasn't sure if you could add it as an option when booking - I see now it's booking as a room. They must have blocks of rooms for it specifically.

The pictures of the food looked good, so I got curious. :)

The club level rooms are in a specific area with restricted access. The garden cottage rooms & a few deluxe rooms are the only rooms outside that area. Regular CL rooms at all the deluxe resorts are in specific buildings or floors. There are multi room CL suites at all resorts. Those suites might be on other floors or buildings of the resort.

I think AKL is the only resort that has CL available with some DVC rooms. All the other CLs are bookable resort rooms. Gran Destino Tower @ CSR is the only moderate with CL. Those rooms are scattered throughout the tower.

Last edited:
What time does the first bus usually come to go to MK? Or what time should we he down at the bus stop? An hour before the park opens to the Disney hotel guests?
Buses start running approximately 1 hour before early entry for resort guests. To be on the first bus you should be there 30 minutes before that, which means 90 minutes before early entry time.

Read post 1 of this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/ and the last couple of pages for current information. (Post 1 is kept up to date so is accurate.)

So much extra food at club level! Way more than we eat at home. I think five
nights is the perfect club level stay. Any longer and I would get fatigued eating so
much rich food. Just a note that beer, Cider, etc., was by request. The wines and sparkling
wines were out for grabs from 4:30-to through dessert time. Staff was plentiful, so getting the
beer was not a problem. But, I don't always feel like asking. Just put it out!

Are the renovations to the garden cottages complete?
I asked about the garden cottages. It is still a King-sized bed with a pullout bed on the first level. A staff member,
(James, I think?) told me that two of the cottages would be ADA compliant. These are not completed yet.
I was really hoping that the cottages would go to two queen bed on the second level. I am not paying all
that money to sleep on a sofa bed, and I don't always want to share a bed. I'm on vacation -- let me Starfish.

I asked about the garden cottages. It is still a King-sized bed with a pullout bed on the first level. A staff member,
(James, I think?) told me that two of the cottages would be ADA compliant. These are not completed yet.
I was really hoping that the cottages would go to two queen bed on the second level. I am not paying all
that money to sleep on a sofa bed, and I don't always want to share a bed. I'm on vacation -- let me Starfish.
Thanks for the reply. I only book them for two people, and I happen to very much like the king bed. In fact, I think the layout is perfect for a couple and that the stairs and second story loft would be a bad idea for small children. I have one booked for two weeks at almost $1200 a night and I'm not going to be happy if they aren't refurbished when we arrive. The last time we stayed in them the first floor furniture was looking pretty shabby and the main table lamp was missing. I'm getting a little irritated because even signature services can't give me a straight answer about what we'll find when we arrive. I'd like to book something else if the garden cottages are not going to work out. At this point all of our plans revolve around being in the boardwalk area so my options are slim right now as all suites in the area are booked and we don't do regular size hotel rooms. We rarely use the lounge anyway so I'm almost as happy with a one or two bedroom villa but the Boardwalk ones need their refurb too before I stay there again.
Thanks for pointing out that two units are being made ADA compliant. I will definitely call signature services to request not to have those. I'm not sure how compliant they can make them with that treacherous, slippery staircase. It's hard enough getting up those stairs after a few cocktails and/or wearing heels. I can't imagine trying to do it with physical limitations.

Are they going to let you book the room for more than 2 people? We love the cottage gardens, they are perfect for a couple with the king bed. If they are letting more than 2 people book them I worry they may not be as quiet.

Are they going to let you book the room for more than 2 people? We love the cottage gardens, they are perfect for a couple with the king bed. If they are letting more than 2 people book them I worry they may not be as quiet.
They changed it from 4 to 2 people a few years ago. So only can book for the 2.

I love a quick nap and dh likes to watch golf etc midday . It’s nice there are 2 tvs👍

****I haven’t tried this room yet but it’s on my bucket list.

Thanks for the reply. I only book them for two people, and I happen to very much like the king bed. In fact, I think the layout is perfect for a couple and that the stairs and second story loft would be a bad idea for small children. I have one booked for two weeks at almost $1200 a night and I'm not going to be happy if they aren't refurbished when we arrive. The last time we stayed in them the first floor furniture was looking pretty shabby and the main table lamp was missing. I'm getting a little irritated because even signature services can't give me a straight answer about what we'll find when we arrive. I'd like to book something else if the garden cottages are not going to work out. At this point all of our plans revolve around being in the boardwalk area so my options are slim right now as all suites in the area are booked and we don't do regular size hotel rooms. We rarely use the lounge anyway so I'm almost as happy with a one or two bedroom villa but the Boardwalk ones need their refurb too before I stay there again.
Thanks for pointing out that two units are being made ADA compliant. I will definitely call signature services to request not to have those. I'm not sure how compliant they can make them with that treacherous, slippery staircase. It's hard enough getting up those stairs after a few cocktails and/or wearing heels. I can't imagine trying to do it with physical limitations.
YouTube has a video of a refurbished garden suite. It looks beautiful! The staircase looks like it has been changed.

They do have specific rooms for the club. Some on the 3rd and 4th floor plus the cottage garden suites. Happy to answer questions, it’s my favorite hotel 😊
I'm curious - we're booked for a garden view room in September, but now I'm thinking we should have booked CL. Are we able to upgrade at check-in (subject to availability of course), or do we have to make a decision prior to arrival?

Thanks!

nights is the perfect club level stay. Any longer and I would get fatigued eating so
much rich food. Just a note that beer, Cider, etc., was by request. The wines and sparkling
wines were out for grabs from 4:30-to through dessert time. Staff was plentiful, so getting the

That's strange, they usually have the beers out in the fridge from 5:00 on. I guess this is something new.

I'm curious - we're booked for a garden view room in September, but now I'm thinking we should have booked CL. Are we able to upgrade at check-in (subject to availability of course), or do we have to make a decision prior to arrival?

Thanks!

You can always ask how much an upgrade would & be if a room is available. I’ve never done it, but I’ve read you would be quoted rack rate. If you booked at a discount you would lose that, from what I’ve read. If you see a CL room with a discount before your trip, you might want to decide then if a discount would be important to you.

Question for the Boardwalk peeps......

I thought I previously read that Trattoria offered breakfast via mobile. When searching Trattoria's menu on the app, there is no mobile order option listed for breakfast. Was this discontinued or does it only populate if currently on-site at Boardwalk?

It's not possible to get an unrenovated room at BWI, period. If it's not renovated, it's actively being renovated and unable to be occupied. When the room returns to inventory, it is going to be renovated.

No, they are designed to sort of be a Honeymoon cottage. They are for 2. They can physically sleep more with the sofa bed but they aren't increasing the capacity beyond 2

Did you look in the fridge? I've never seen them not put beer in the fridge at dinner service in all the years I've stayed there, including last month (1 week post remodel)

Thanks!
There are not many CL rooms. If it's something you want, book it before you arrive. The odds of their having a CL room open when you arrive is very small. And heaven knows what they'd charge you off the cuff. Likely rack rate, which is going to come with a sticker shock.

Question for the Boardwalk peeps......

I thought I previously read that Trattoria offered breakfast via mobile. When searching Trattoria's menu on the app, there is no mobile order option listed for breakfast. Was this discontinued or does it only populate if currently on-site at Boardwalk?
I haven't stayed at Boardwalk since mobile order at Trattoria al Forno became a thing, but we recently stayed at the Contemporary and the mobile order for both Steakhouse 71 and Contempo Cafe was only for registered guests staying at the Contemporary. The option didn't populate on friends' phones who were visiting us briefly there. They were staying elsewhere. My guess would be it's the same at Boardwalk and you won't get the option until your check in day.

It's not possible to get an unrenovated room at BWI, period. If it's not renovated, it's actively being renovated and unable to be occupied. When the room returns to inventory, it is going to be renovated.
I have it booked. I've had it booked since before they were renovated.

Hello There!

We are headed to BWI in August. My question is does anyone have reports of what are the latest beers they sell in the store and at the pool? Michelob Ultra - what sizes? White Claws?

TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter