Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I haven't stayed at Boardwalk since mobile order at Trattoria al Forno became a thing, but we recently stayed at the Contemporary and the mobile order for both Steakhouse 71 and Contempo Cafe was only for registered guests staying at the Contemporary. The option didn't populate on friends' phones who were visiting us briefly there. They were staying elsewhere. My guess would be it's the same at Boardwalk and you won't get the option until your check in day.

We got that message when we tried to mobile order at Contemporary as well. If you just click the button (something like "Okay" or "Understand") it still lets you put in the mobile order. It's just to scare people away from mobile ordering.

We got that message when we tried to mobile order at Contemporary as well. If you just click the button (something like "Okay" or "Understand") it still lets you put in the mobile order. It's just to scare people away from mobile ordering.
Really? I thought it was so considerate towards the hotel's own guests. I'm sadly disillusioned now.

Really? I thought it was so considerate towards the hotel's own guests. I'm sadly disillusioned now.

Well I mean you were being considerate! But at the same time it's not like Contempo Cafe is usually overflowing with guests or out of tables at which to sit. It's one of our favorite QS spots because the food is pretty good, good location, and it's always easy to get a table. So contemporary guests aren't missing out.

It’s not to keep others from eating at the QS. It’s to keep people from submitting a mobile order so that they can get into the parking lot, then cancel their order and leave their car there all day (for free) while they go to the parks. IOW, the policy is in consideration of the hotel’s own guests who need a place to park.

Are the villas refurbished yet? Are all the regular rooms done? If not, can you request a renovated room?

BoardWalk Villa Refurbishment Timeline Confirmed

According to the latest issue of Disney Files Magazine, work will begin in the fall of 2023 and wrap-up in spring 2024.

This information is consistent with changes to room availability at the resort. A significant number of rooms have proven unavailable to book for several weeks at a time, likely to accommodate both interior and exterior work to those areas. All of the resort's BoardWalk View rooms are unavailable to book for beginning in September 2023. And in January and February, all of the Standard View rooms were blocked from member reservations. Those two categories represent about 1/3 of the resort's 383 accommodations. The resort's Garden and Pool View rooms will likely be refurbished in sections, leaving some rooms available to guests at all times.

The vague spring 2024 completion date suggests work could extend into the early weeks of June.

According to Disney Files, workers will "install new flooring, update bathrooms, hang new artwork and replace select furniture" during the villa refurbishment. This project represents the first signficant guest room work since 2016.

And while I was putting some laundry in, I missed a call from Stephanie at BWI club level. ☹️ She left a message, encouraging online check in, which I’ve already done. Also saying come right up to the 4th floor if I get a room ready text before arrival etc. We’ll be moving from CR & have lunch at Steakhouse 71 before we go over. So it will probably 2:30 - 3 til we go over there anyway.

BoardWalk Villa Refurbishment Timeline Confirmed

According to the latest issue of Disney Files Magazine, work will begin in the fall of 2023 and wrap-up in spring 2024.

This information is consistent with changes to room availability at the resort. A significant number of rooms have proven unavailable to book for several weeks at a time, likely to accommodate both interior and exterior work to those areas. All of the resort's BoardWalk View rooms are unavailable to book for beginning in September 2023. And in January and February, all of the Standard View rooms were blocked from member reservations. Those two categories represent about 1/3 of the resort's 383 accommodations. The resort's Garden and Pool View rooms will likely be refurbished in sections, leaving some rooms available to guests at all times.

The vague spring 2024 completion date suggests work could extend into the early weeks of June.

According to Disney Files, workers will "install new flooring, update bathrooms, hang new artwork and replace select furniture" during the villa refurbishment. This project represents the first signficant guest room work since 2016.
Do you think that means all regular rooms available for booking now are refurbished?

Do you think that means all regular rooms available for booking now are refurbished?
Are you asking about Inn rooms or (DVC) Villas? The announcement you quoted has nothing to do with the Inn side, although FWIW I think those rooms are done or close to it.

Are you asking about Inn rooms or (DVC) Villas? The announcement you quoted has nothing to do with the Inn side, although FWIW I think those rooms are done or close to it.
Inn rooms, sorry. I thought the part about early June completion was about the inn section.

Yes all the regular Inn hotel rooms have been done since last month (May 2023). You will only get a refurbished room.

Yes the Inn rooms are done even the Suites and the Honeymoon outbuilding have now been completed. Only outside work is still being done around the ESPN section for the new Cake restaurant and general outside upkeep of the facade which is ongoing year-round.

There has been work around the Pizza Window and the building painting and staining of woodwork.

Dave

Yes all the regular Inn hotel rooms have been done since last month (May 2023). You will only get a refurbished room.

Yes the Inn rooms are done even the Suites and the Honeymoon outbuilding have now been completed. Only outside work is still being done around the ESPN section for the new Cake restaurant and general outside upkeep of the facade which is ongoing year-round.

There has been work around the Pizza Window and the building painting and staining of woodwork.

Dave
Thank you!

We are arriving late into MCO on a monday night and getting a rental car (alamo) and then we are checking into BWI on Tuesday morning but have to drop off the rental at the Disney Car Center which is on disney property on Tuesday after we unload our luggage. When we did this at the GF, a shuttle picked us up at the disney car center. Does BWI offer this pickup? My husband will be the one dropping off the rental car, the rest of us will be going to the parks when we arrive at disney!

We are arriving late into MCO on a monday night and getting a rental car (alamo) and then we are checking into BWI on Tuesday morning but have to drop off the rental at the Disney Car Center which is on disney property on Tuesday after we unload our luggage. When we did this at the GF, a shuttle picked us up at the disney car center. Does BWI offer this pickup? My husband will be the one dropping off the rental car, the rest of us will be going to the parks when we arrive at disney!
Yes, the Car Care Center shuttle will take your husband anywhere on WDW property.

There's an Alamo rental location at the Swan/Dolphin. You may be able to drop off there then it's only a short walk over the bridge to the BWI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter