Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I have a long weekend booked on the Inn side for September. I just received a magical offer to switch to the GF for 100 more total. Has anyone else received that? Wonder if it's due to construction. I didn't switch because it's a Food and Wine trip so easy access to IG is important.
I would respond that you would accept that offer but it would need to be Poly...at least you would be within walking distance of the epcot monorail...but that's just me...

We’re also booked on the Inn side the first week of September. We haven’t received any offers to move, but it would definitely be a tough decision to make.

We’re also booked on the Inn side the first week of September. We haven’t received any offers to move, but it would definitely be a tough decision to make.
I got an email saying I had a magical offer. It was on mde on the computer (didn't check the app). It also gave me a code to call in.

I would respond that you would accept that offer but it would need to be Poly...at least you would be within walking distance of the epcot monorail...but that's just me...
That's my thoughts as well. I may tell my friend about it and let her decide. She has only been once for the day. She left all planning to me.

I'm booked for early September and got the offer to move to the Grand for about $180 up-charge. I would have possibly been interested if I wasn't already booked for the Grand in December!
I decided against it. I just saw pictures of the construction. The wow factor for my friend was the only reason I was considering it. BW is a much better location for the purpose of our trip.

It seems the Grand is the default offer for guests staying at resorts with refurbishments...also was where the NBA players stayed during covid when the season was played there.
Is this due to a lack of reservations given the price? I have never stayed there...seems nice if not a little "stuffy"...
I would much rather prefer beach club or poly..but its also weird Disney is asking for extra $ to move. I mean they are doing refurbishments....if they feel they might be overbooked due to this throw a bone and offer it for free.

It seems the Grand is the default offer for guests staying at resorts with refurbishments...also was where the NBA players stayed during covid when the season was played there.
Is this due to a lack of reservations given the price? I have never stayed there...seems nice if not a little "stuffy"...
I would much rather prefer beach club or poly..but its also weird Disney is asking for extra $ to move. I mean they are doing refurbishments....if they feel they might be overbooked due to this throw a bone and offer it for free.
I think you have to offer something “above” the resort that they are currently booked at. If you’re at BW, there isn’t that many resorts that cost more.

Oddly enough, for our past trip, when I was booking Yacht was actually cheaper than Boardwalk. Not by much, but it was.

I probably would go for a Polynesian upgrade though from boardwalk lol

I think you have to offer something “above” the resort that they are currently booked at. If you’re at BW, there isn’t that many resorts that cost more.

Oddly enough, for our past trip, when I was booking Yacht was actually cheaper than Boardwalk. Not by much, but it was.

I would also consider Riviera..that place is gorgeous...but they aren't offering that are they?

I decided against it. I just saw pictures of the construction. The wow factor for my friend was the only reason I was considering it. BW is a much better location for the purpose of our trip.

Yeah the construction is still pretty intense. I pushed my trip back from April to December because I wanted to experience the Grand as THE GRAND and not a construction zone.

You'll love the Boardwalk if you've never been. That walk to Epcot is unmatched!

I would also consider Riviera..that place is gorgeous...but they aren't offering that are they?
I would never stay there, I'm afraid of the Skyliner🤣🤣 I would have to uber to epcot lol.

Yacht was about 50 more a night. I'm torn over whether I like YC or BWI more. I didn't entertain YC because it's an adult only trip and I find stormalong bay too hectic. Love the little bar/hut outside the pool area but it's not relaxing, at all.

I have a long weekend booked on the Inn side for September. I just received a magical offer to switch to the GF for 100 more total. My Has anyone else received that? Wonder if it's due to construction. I didn't switch because it's a Food and Wine trip so easy access to IG is important.
My guess is it's definitely due to the construction. We were originally, booked to stay at the GF in August but we are staying at BWI because of the construction.

I would never stay there, I'm afraid of the Skyliner🤣🤣 I would have to uber to epcot lol.

Yacht was about 50 more a night. I'm torn over whether I like YC or BWI more. I didn't entertain YC because it's an adult only trip and I find stormalong bay too hectic. Love the little bar/hut outside the pool area but it's not relaxing, at all.
We have stayed at beach not yacht and I definitely prefer BWI more. I agree about stormalong bay. It’s too much

We have stayed at beach not yacht and I definitely prefer BWI more. I agree about stormalong bay. It’s too much
We hated BC. It's funny because I love the outside and look of it. It was my favorite until I stayed there lol. YC was much nicer imo. I do think BWI is my favorite of the 3.

We hated BC. It's funny because I love the outside and look of it. It was my favorite until I stayed there lol. YC was much nicer imo. I do think BWI is my favorite of the 3.
We could not wait to stay at BC in 2018! We thought it would be our one of our favorite resorts! It’s not that there was anything wrong with it, we just didn’t get that special feeling you get when you love a resort. My kids never wanted to swim in SAB! They preferred the quiet pool because there wasn’t much room to move around there. We didn’t think we’d like BW at all. We didn’t even care to stay there, and then it became available (we had Saratoga Springs booked - it was a very last minute trip) so we grabbed it. We loved it! We loved the pools, the Village Green, the community hall, the easy access right on the Boardwalk, the games, the nighttime atmosphere… it’s definitely become one of our family favorites! We are looking forward to our upcoming trips there this year! 🥰

We could not wait to stay at BC in 2018! We thought it would be our one of our favorite resorts! It’s not that there was anything wrong with it, we just didn’t get that special feeling you get when you love a resort. My kids never wanted to swim in SAB! They preferred the quiet pool because there wasn’t much room to move around there. We didn’t think we’d like BW at all. We didn’t even care to stay there, and then it became available (we had Saratoga Springs booked - it was a very last minute trip) so we grabbed it. We loved it! We loved the pools, the Village Green, the community hall, the easy access right on the Boardwalk, the games, the nighttime atmosphere… it’s definitely become one of our family favorites! We are looking forward to our upcoming trips there this year! 🥰
BWI is mine and my husband's favorite resort. My daughter says the "Moana hotel" (aka the Poly) is still her favorite though. She said she liked the waterfall in the pool. But the Boardwalk is her second favorite lol. I agree with the atmosphere at night. It is very lively.

Omg yes! Exactly lol. Even the same year, 2018 . I was SO excited. We only tried BW last year because my friend raves about it and kept trying to convince me. My whole family loved it. Loved having the boardwalk right there and the snacks lol .

What floor are the rooms that are right off the lobby? I know you have to go downstairs from the lobby to reach the boardwalk so I wasn't sure if the rooms next to the lobby are floor 1 or 2.

What floor are the rooms that are right off the lobby? I know you have to go downstairs from the lobby to reach the boardwalk so I wasn't sure if the rooms next to the lobby are floor 1 or 2.
I think floor 2. We were on floor 1 and we had to go down

Yes. The first floor has the gym (BTW the sauna/steam room at the gym isn't terrible...spent some time in there some mornings after lifting a bit...and trying for Boarding Groups) and the pool/green/Boardwalk is outside the first floor. The lobby is on the 2nd floor.

How busy is the International Gateway now that the Skyliner is there? Have they enlarged the entranceway or is it really crowded these days? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter