Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

How busy is the International Gateway now that the Skyliner is there? Have they enlarged the entranceway or is it really crowded these days? Thanks!
I've yet to see it busy or with a wait at all. Even when going for Early Entry or a very busy park day such as NYE

There can be a bottleneck at Early Entry before the bridge to France as there is a secondary scan to ensure your party is eligible... goes pretty quick since they just scan one for each party. Just make sure everyone in your party is right next to you because they will ask you how many in your party. Then the mad rush (normally) to Remy.

How busy is the International Gateway now that the Skyliner is there? Have they enlarged the entranceway or is it really crowded these days? Thanks!
I think most of the time it is not too bad, but we were held up in the morning when trying to make EE. That was over spring break though when WDW was very busy. It did get a little frustrating because we made the effort to arrive before EE started, and watched LOTS of front entrance guests pour into Remy area while we were just held there. (Remy was packed by the time we entered Epcot.)

When they did start letting people in, it was slow going. If one person's band didn't work, everyone behind them was held up until it was resolved. Then again, we saw the same thing at main HS entrance. Getting into HS was VERY slow going. At HS, we were past security before EE started, but it took almost the FULL half hour to get into the park. The only good part was everyone else was also held up, so the park was pretty quiet for the first hour we were there, even though it was a VERY busy week.

For summer and early fall though crowds should be quite a bit lower. The holidays may well be busier though.

I wouldn't worry too much, but if you are very eager to be in the park for the start of EE, consider arriving a few minutes early. Rest of the day should be okay. In the afternoon, it is quiet to enter via IG.

I honestly never noticed it that crowded. The most was after the fireworks on the 4th of July. It was insane exiting and the line for the skyliner went all the way past the Beach club

I honestly never noticed it that crowded. The most was after the fireworks on the 4th of July. It was insane exiting and the line for the skyliner went all the way past the Beach club
This is why we always stay within walking distance for July 4 and NYE. Transportation is bonkers

What is the quick service situation? Was tempted to upgrade to bwi but am wary about food options. There didn’t seem to be great variety for breakfast. My daughter usually eats eggs and bacon and it didn’t look like there was an option?

What is the quick service situation? Was tempted to upgrade to bwi but am wary about food options. There didn’t seem to be great variety for breakfast. My daughter usually eats eggs and bacon and it didn’t look like there was an option?
Eggs and bacon are not available QS at BWI. There's several options at the bakery but not eggs/bacon platter type thing

Yeah Boardwalk Deli didn't have much in that respect aside from breakfast sandwiches. We would order from Beach Club Marketplace and walk over there for bacon and eggs.. and they were pretty amazing. Also ate one morning at Yacht Club's Ale and Compass's breakfast buffet.

We never seem to have any issues entering through the IG....I will say the line for the Skyliner is HUGE at park closing. Makes the walk back to BW so much more appealing lol.

Gf is the only one that comes to mind to have robes in non cl rooms.
Bummer. The last place we stayed was the GF and I was hoping robes were standard in all deluxes (they should be). I guess I will have to pack my robe. (leaving in 16 hours!!!) Thanks.

I decided against it. I just saw pictures of the construction. The wow factor for my friend was the only reason I was considering it. BW is a much better location for the purpose of our trip.
It’s would be a hard sell to me. BWI is fresh off refurb so the rooms are still beautiful and that F&W access is just so good.

I’ve got a 2nd week of Sept booking for an extended weekend, no offer here yet.

Bummer. The last place we stayed was the GF and I was hoping robes were standard in all deluxes (they should be). I guess I will have to pack my robe. (leaving in 16 hours!!!) Thanks.

We’ve stayed at YC, BC, WL, & CR. Robes have never been at any of them except on club level.

Room Request advice - I'm taking a mom/daughter 4 day trip in late August. Seems like it might be a slower time, so it's our first stay at Boardwalk and needed suggestions on a room request. We have a Deluxe Studio DVC Garden or Pool View Room. We would love to sit on a balcony and drink coffee with a pretty view if possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (and I do get that it's just a request, not an absolute). Thanks!

Room Request advice - I'm taking a mom/daughter 4 day trip in late August. Seems like it might be a slower time, so it's our first stay at Boardwalk and needed suggestions on a room request. We have a Deluxe Studio DVC Garden or Pool View Room. We would love to sit on a balcony and drink coffee with a pretty view if possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (and I do get that it's just a request, not an absolute). Thanks!
Look at this map: https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-standard-studio-view-of-what.3498521/post-55476961. The G/P view rooms are along the red line. If you want a quiet pretty view, ask for "view of activity lawn," which will be the small section at the far left. It's occasionally used for private events but in general is pretty quiet. Another relatively quiet view would be "view of quiet pool," which would be the section at the bottom. In the middle is the "view of Luna Park pool," which has the most activity and noise, including a lot of amplified noise in the afternoon when the CMs are leading activities at the pool. Finally, there are a few G/P studios with a "view of Village Green," that tiny strip of red under the first O in the watermark. Those studios are close to the elevator, look onto the courtyard lawn between the Villas and the Inn, and have a partial Boardwalk view. They can also be noisy, especially if you get one just above the breezeway between the Village Green and Luna Park, where the elevators to the Villas are.

Look at this map: https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-standard-studio-view-of-what.3498521/post-55476961. The G/P view rooms are along the red line. If you want a quiet pretty view, ask for "view of activity lawn," which will be the small section at the far left. It's occasionally used for private events but in general is pretty quiet. Another relatively quiet view would be "view of quiet pool," which would be the section at the bottom. In the middle is the "view of Luna Park pool," which has the most activity and noise, including a lot of amplified noise in the afternoon when the CMs are leading activities at the pool. Finally, there are a few G/P studios with a "view of Village Green," that tiny strip of red under the first O in the watermark. Those studios are close to the elevator, look onto the courtyard lawn between the Villas and the Inn, and have a partial Boardwalk view. They can also be noisy, especially if you get one just above the breezeway between the Village Green and Luna Park, where the elevators to the Villas are.
Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter