Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just switched from VGF Resort Studios to BWV Deluxe Studio G/P for Christmas week. Kind of sad since I've never stayed at VGF but the points for a studio there were much higher (102 vs. 73) and I do love Boardwalk. I'm hoping to snag a boardwalk view studio for 4 nights but I think that is going to be hard to come by. Any construction doesn't bother me too much since we've already stayed at BWV this Spring during lobby and grounds construction and had a great time.

Just switched from VGF Resort Studios to BWV Deluxe Studio G/P for Christmas week. Kind of sad since I've never stayed at VGF but the points for a studio there were much higher (102 vs. 73) and I do love Boardwalk. I'm hoping to snag a boardwalk view studio for 4 nights but I think that is going to be hard to come by. Any construction doesn't bother me too much since we've already stayed at BWV this Spring during lobby and grounds construction and had a great time.
Glad to hear it, staying in November and I’ve stayed before and loved it and have to admit was a little worried

I was looking forward to this for our December trip. A Christmas tea would have been nice and something different to do. What I'm really hoping for is Disney bringing the Afternoon Tea back to the GF after the lobby renovation. It's the perfect place for it and I miss it. Of course, I still miss the tea they used to have at Rose & Crown many years ago.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be surprised if it never opens, I just spent a week at BWV and I saw zero activity in the area.
It is really strange, that's for sure. I could have sworn work had been done to start framing it up on one of our trips earlier this year but last week, clearly just a shell. I'm guessing I got confused when they put up the decorated walls earlier this year. There's so much work left to go it wouldn't surprise me one bit to hear they pulled out of the deal though that's pure speculation on my part

Can someone steer me to a post that has recent pics of the refurbed rooms? It looks like the first page is almost 10 years old and that photos posted are no longer available.

Just checking out to see if this thread is still being updated as I haven't seen the thread starter post anything recently.

Last edited:

Can someone steer me to a post that has recent pics of the refurbed rooms? It looks like the first page is almost 10 years old and that photos posted are no longer available.

Just checking out to see if this thread is still being updated as I haven't seen the thread starter post anything recently.
The thread is still very active. Last post above was from Wednesday. I often look through threads like the resort threads by selecting a page that is about 10 back from the end. I’ll check the dates and the read forward or back depending on the date.
I’ll find you recent room photos. There are lots of you look back to about April or so

All of us at The Cake Bake Shop are eager to unveil the beautiful details and charm that are coming to Disney’s BoardWalk! As the excitement is building and our hearts are brimming with anticipation, we expect to open our doors early next year to welcome you to an unforgettable dining experience. Stay connected with us for more details leading up to our opening.

All of us at The Cake Bake Shop are eager to unveil the beautiful details and charm that are coming to Disney’s BoardWalk! As the excitement is building and our hearts are brimming with anticipation, we expect to open our doors early next year to welcome you to an unforgettable dining experience. Stay connected with us for more details leading up to our opening.
Thanks - it’s good to have confirmation they still plan to come!

Where did you get this?

There’s a walkthrough on YouTube of the newly refurbished rooms. Search Boardwalk room walkthrough 2023. (Not sure if YouTube links are allowed here).

Just wondering if there is a feedback email for the boardwalk? I'm currently here and have some suggestions for how they could have better handled a specific issue I had at check in so was hoping there was a way I could feedback about it...

There’s a walkthrough on YouTube of the newly refurbished rooms. Search Boardwalk room walkthrough 2023. (Not sure if YouTube links are allowed here

FYI, YouTube links are allowed, no worries. The only thing that brushes up against not being allowed is routinely posting to promote one’s own YouTube channel. Hope that helps.

Just wondering if there is a feedback email for the boardwalk? I'm currently here and have some suggestions for how they could have better handled a specific issue I had at check in so was hoping there was a way I could feedback about it...

There’s not really a public email address, but you should have gotten an email a day or two after arrival with a link to give feedback - those are checked by managers on duty and one of the best ways to draw attention to something that needs a response. Some don’t get this email for whatever reason. I think you can find a QR code that goes to the same thing on one of the TV scrolls, but frankly can’t keep track of the new TV setups so not sure if that’s on the new TVs. Lastly, stopping but the front desk and asking for the manager on duty is also usually a good choice if warranted. Hope that helps.

There’s not really a public email address, but you should have gotten an email a day or two after arrival with a link to give feedback - those are checked by managers on duty and one of the best ways to draw attention to something that needs a response. Some don’t get this email for whatever reason. I think you can find a QR code that goes to the same thing on one of the TV scrolls, but frankly can’t keep track of the new TV setups so not sure if that’s on the new TVs. Lastly, stopping but the front desk and asking for the manager on duty is also usually a good choice if warranted. Hope that helps.
Thanks! Might do that. It's a fairly trivial issue but unfortunately I feel that it was not handled well at all so just really wanted to bring it to someone's attention - at the very least so that it gets handled better the next time someone else has the same issue as I did.

Anyway, currently in a room at BWI. It's very nice, all new and shiny, and love the little Disney touches around the room like the pictures on the wall and the mickey heads on the lampshade.

But I am really feeling the lack of a desk. I can't believe how many surfaces there are to put things on but nothing that really works as a desk to use!

So I am now checking emails/etc on my iPad that is perched on the bedside table in a very uncomfortable slanted and hunched over position. And earlier I was trying to use my iPad (with keyboard), eat a snack, and drink some tea - was at the sofa and all I had was the tiny surface below the lamp, which couldn't fit all 3 items...

The lack of desk might be a dealbreaker for me with regard to future Boardwalk stays. This is the first hotel room I've stayed at in recent memory that doesn't have a desk, and I guess I've now learned that I really need a desk in a hotel room...

The first few info pages here as you have seen are old and some links are broken..it was quite comprehensive once upon a time...The hostess has not posted in ages...but people do still post lots here...
Were you able to the the room pics that you were looking for...as a pp said lots of good ones not too far back...if not...I'd be happy to share some...I always take lots of photos..of everything!! Lol..Posting them is always a bit of a challange though..🙃😂

Here’s a YouTube video showing a refurbished room. Hope it helps!

Just back from my first post-refurb BWI stay.

I like the light color palette they used and cute artwork. Unfortunately I felt as I suspected I would that the resort was victim to Chapek’s era of total budget control. No rain shower, no pocket door for the bathroom, and while I don’t require a full desk SOMETHING over there would help. Even WL has a cute nested desk thing. Sad they didn’t get the easy drop down sofa/bed that goes into the wall. Pulling that monster of a bed up to turn into a 5th sleeper is such a pain to me but I know BWI isn’t alone in that design choice/(necessity? Maybe the walls need to be set up a certain way). And it still has that fat tub! Obviously they weren’t springing for walk in showers but a new tub setup that didn’t waste so much space along the side would have been nice.

The cheapness probably just felt very apparent because I am aware how well Disney can remodel rooms. They also did not take the time to fix the construction like issue the room had with the outside door (it barely locked and even that took a lot of finagling), the frame should have been fixed or the door fixed to fit the frame during this time. Oh! The outlet game was lame. It looked like an old school outlet with a couple USB outlets shoved in between the two outlets so it all fit in the old school size hole in the wall instead of being spaced out in an actually usable manner 🙄

Adored the Boardwalk entertainment! Only got a quick look one light but I would definitely swing by again and check them out on a night I’m not exhausted.

Would I return? Possibly but towards the bottom of my deluxe list. I felt like I got almost nothing out of this refurbishment besides some aesthetic appeal…

Just back from my first post-refurb BWI stay.

I like the light color palette they used and cute artwork. Unfortunately I felt as I suspected I would that the resort was victim to Chapek’s era of total budget control. No rain shower, no pocket door for the bathroom, and while I don’t require a full desk SOMETHING over there would help. Even WL has a cute nested desk thing. Sad they didn’t get the easy drop down sofa/bed that goes into the wall. Pulling that monster of a bed up to turn into a 5th sleeper is such a pain to me but I know BWI isn’t alone in that design choice/(necessity? Maybe the walls need to be set up a certain way). And it still has that fat tub! Obviously they weren’t springing for walk in showers but a new tub setup that didn’t waste so much space along the side would have been nice.

The cheapness probably just felt very apparent because I am aware how well Disney can remodel rooms. They also did not take the time to fix the construction like issue the room had with the outside door (it barely locked and even that took a lot of finagling), the frame should have been fixed or the door fixed to fit the frame during this time. Oh! The outlet game was lame. It looked like an old school outlet with a couple USB outlets shoved in between the two outlets so it all fit in the old school size hole in the wall instead of being spaced out in an actually usable manner 🙄

Adored the Boardwalk entertainment! Only got a quick look one light but I would definitely swing by again and check them out on a night I’m not exhausted.

Would I return? Possibly but towards the bottom of my deluxe list. I felt like I got almost nothing out of this refurbishment besides some aesthetic appeal…
@gottalovepluto ..thanks for your BWI review! We are big BWI fans...but I completely agree with your thoughts on the room refurbishment..I couldn't understand why the bathrooms /bath area was not redone either..many of us have lamented about the lack of a table or desk...personally I think a multi use table would be wonderful..seems other rehabbed rooms at other resorts still have one..and aesthetic is nice..but I don't see the quality all around...which is disappointing...
Boardwalk entertainment is so nice...glad you enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter