Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

@gottalovepluto ..thanks for your BWI review! We are big BWI fans...but I completely agree with your thoughts on the room refurbishment..I couldn't understand why the bathrooms /bath area was not redone either..many of us have lamented about the lack of a table or desk...personally I think a multi use table would be wonderful..seems other rehabbed rooms at other resorts still have one..and aesthetic is nice..but I don't see the quality all around...which is disappointing...
Boardwalk entertainment is so nice...glad you enjoyed it!
It was my first time seeing any BW entertainment! My first BWI stay was during Covid when they didn’t have it and prior to that I never got off the boat at night at BWI when staying at other resorts. This trip one night I got off the boat and there was team doing jump rope tricks right there. Such high energy and fun vibes!

Checking out of BWI today. This is my first stay here.

Things I liked

The room is really nice and pretty, I like how new everything feels. Nice surfaces, comfy beds, lots of lighting everywhere. I quite like the hidden bedside lights that I totally missed at first. Plus all the Disney touches are great - lovely decor with Mickey and friends and the Mickeys on the lampshade.

Location - useful for going in and out of Epcot. Yesterday I got food from Karamell Kuche and Les Halles and just held it in my hand and walked back with it to my room to eat there (but - had issues with lack of desk, see below).

Also really liked being able to just walk or take the Skyliner to DHS. (I didn't take the boats)

Things that I wondered about

Having all the food/merchandise locations being accessed from the boardwalk - I couldn't help but wonder what happens when it rains - is there a way to get back into the hotel without having to go back outdoors?

Issues

Lack of desk has really been a huge issue during my stay. I'm currently perched on a bed at an awkward angle hunching over to use my iPad with keyboard that is on the bedside table, with a cup of tea behind my iPad on the bedside table (no space next to the iPad) and my breakfast on the bed (no space on the bedside table for it). I'm really done with the lack of a desk at this resort and I'm looking forward to my next resort which will hopefully have a desk to use. Even the value resorts have a desk (from the folding bed) and chairs so I really don't understand why they missed out on a desk with the BWI refurb.

I did drop by the front desk yesterday and mentioned to them the lack of a desk and they said they'd been getting a lot of comments about it. One of the CMs also mentioned how they were hosting conventions and people attending them were having lots of difficulty with the lack of desk as well.

Noise - I don't know if it's my particular room, but it's been extremely noisy in my room. I could hear conversations happening next door (connecting door) and outside my room. So during the day I hear housekeeping and various people going up and down, at night I hear people next door talking. And now at 9.55am I can hear what I assume is construction noise in the background. This is the 10th hotel I've stayed at in the past year and it's been by far the worst for noise - even worse than the family suite at AoA that overlooked the pool last year (and I thought that was already pretty bad).

Would I return?

At the moment - I don't think so. The desk is a definite dealbreaker for me, but the noise is also an issue as well. It's very hard to relax and have a nice chill out day in the room when I keep hearing people go up and down the hallways and conversation in the hallways and next door.

I'm glad I stayed here to try it out and see what BWI is like though!

We have a split stay next week, I know Disney won’t keep groceries cold if they transfer bags between resorts, but can we transfer bags ourselves & ask them to refrigerate/freeze a few bags?

We have a split stay next week, I know Disney won’t keep groceries cold if they transfer bags between resorts, but can we transfer bags ourselves & ask them to refrigerate/freeze a few bags?
Yes, I have been doing that since the ban on cold transfers went into place. I have an insulated back pack that I pack up all of my cold and frozen stuff in. I then use Disney transport to get to my next resort the morning of my change. When I get there I hand over the cold and frozen stuff to the bell desk to store appropriately as well has have them store the backpack. Works like a charm.

Guest Room Refurbishment Now in Full Swing at Disney's BoardWalk Villas

The long anticipated wholesale refurbishment of Disney Vacation Club rooms at Disney's BoardWalk Villas is now under way.

1695330160562.jpeg

Beginning on September 9, 2023, Disney Vacation Club villas on the westernmost wing of the resorts were closed to guests. This includes all rooms classified as having a BoardWalk View, along with Pool / Garden View rooms on the opposite side of the corridor. The entire wing is blocked from guest access on all floors near the elevator bank as depicted in the photo above.

1695330190237.jpeg

Portions of the building are covered in scaffolding (above) for painting and other exterior work. These images were taken from just outside the Luna Park main pool, looking back toward the DVC building.

1695330209845.jpeg

The Breezeway running between the pool and the Village Green (above) is covered with some construction barriers, but remains open for guest use. One building access point is closed off (below), however guests can still enter from the breezeway and access the ground floor elevators.

1695330231217.jpeg

During this project, crews will be performing a hard goods refurbishment of all DVC villas at the BoardWalk. Modifications are expected to include a full renovation of the bathrooms with new tub and tile, installation of pull-down Murphy Beds in villa living rooms, along with new floor coverings, wall coverings and other decor. Earlier this year, Disney offered a preview of renovated hotel rooms at the BoardWalk Inn. Thus far there have been no details regarding the the new villa design.

1695330246520.jpeg

Based upon room availability data, it appears that Disney plans to refurbish all of the BoardWalk View rooms by November. Standard View rooms were blocked from guest use in January and February 2024. Some of the resort's Pool and Garden View rooms are expected to be renovated throughout this timeframe, with the entire project slated for completion during the spring of 2024.

Last edited:
I just spent a night in room 3057 and it had the biggest balcony i have seen on any property. The valet said they call them the “party balcony”. It was in like the U portion of the resort and these huge balconies were only on the 3rd floor I believe. Can anyone tell me this areas name or what I should call this because I would like to request in the future

I just spent a night in room 3057 and it had the biggest balcony i have seen on any property. The valet said they call them the “party balcony”. It was in like the U portion of the resort and these huge balconies were only on the 3rd floor I believe. Can anyone tell me this areas name or what I should call this because I would like to request in the future
I'm guessing by the room number starting in 30 you were on the villa side...and there is a huge balcony over there..with thst view...there r some on the Inn side too..To answer your specific question though...lol..that area is called the "village green"..
@mrsap Thanks for keeping us updated on the BW construction and ongoing renovations..

Arrived yesterday and given an un refurbished inn side room. I ran to check in but none were available. He did move us to a water view with a large balcony. These rooms used to be part of cl before they stopped using rooms outside of the cl door. 4261/3/5.

Both 3rd and 4 th floor rooms on cl side of resort are still old style. I checked and cl door is not locked and I could see some lights on in a few rooms. We were so disappointed but loved the balcony and waltched MK’s fireworks and all the action below last night.

They left dd a cute lil treat bag too! (birthday)

I was up at 1;30am to get to the airport yesterday . Had a long day but when I arrived DD had to work so I planned to go to HS to hang with my friends. Once I found dole whip on the boardwalk I decided to walk and enjoy the sunny day!View attachment 746942View attachment 746943View attachment 746944View attachment 746945View attachment 746946View attachment 746948

Awesome pics/love the balcony view. Where are they offering Dole Whips on the Boardwalk? Was there in February and didn't notice. ;) Enjoy.
Trishadono, I had requested the 4261/3/5 rooms on Touringplans for my Boardwalk Inn Club Resort View reservation but you mentioned they are no longer club level? Maybe I need to change my request.

Trishadono, I had requested the 4261/3/5 rooms on Touringplans for my Boardwalk Inn Club Resort View reservation but you mentioned they are no longer club level? Maybe I need to change my request.
If those are the ones that are right outside the club door, then it’s true they are no longer CL. I can’t imagine they’d give you those rooms, but you can easily call or email SS and have them change your request. (I just checked TP room finder, and those are still CL rooms - inside the door to Innkeepers Club - I’m confused because she knows her stuff!)

Last edited:
The rooms I had were outside of the lounge door. My 1st time in xx61was 2017 and it was cl then. Currently the only cl rooms not inside the door are deluxe and cottages.

What I am doing is requesting a balcony without a “top”. We don’t like spiders lol. Some of the balcony’s are open Vs having a canopy or hard roof.

If those are the ones that are right outside the club door, then it’s true they are no longer CL. I can’t imagine they’d give you those rooms, but you can easily call or email SS and have them change your request. (I just checked TP room finder, and those are still CL rooms - inside the door to Innkeepers Club - I’m confused because she knows her stuff!)
I know my stuff , they are wrong lol.

I asked Lene (mgr)about them my last stay,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter