• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Does anybody know what the current champagne/sparking wine is at the Innkeeper's Lounge? Is the blue one back?
Thx

Last edited:

Recent Construction Photos

Construction workers were up on a lift working on the top floor of the BoardWalk Inn.

Construction BoardWalk Inn

This appears to just be some regular maintenance.

We also saw that the awning was removed from the side balcony over here.

I am sooo excited to hear about the refurbishment of Disney Vacation Club rooms at Disney Boardwalk Villas! We have an upcoming trip scheduled for late April 2024. We have a couple of BoardWalk View and Pool / Garden View rooms booked. From what I am reading here, it sounds like the refurbishment will be completed by then. Can't wait to see a preview or pictures of the refurbished rooms :). Being a "hard goods" refurbishment is even more exciting, as the rooms were much in need of this! I think the last "hard good" refurb was 2014 and "soft goods" shortly after that. I wonder if the addition pull-down Murphy Beds in villa living rooms would increase the posted number of persons the rooms can sleep\accommodate, for a 1 Bedroom or 2 Bedroom villa.

I wonder if the addition pull-down Murphy Beds in villa living rooms would increase the posted number of persons the rooms can sleep\accommodate, for a 1 Bedroom or 2 Bedroom villa.
The Murphy beds in the 1/2BR living rooms will replace the existing sofa beds, so it won’t change the sleeping capacity.

It’s doubtful that they’d be able to add the single Murphy on the wall with the TV, unless they made significant structural changes. But who knows!

Staying here in Nov for the first time.

6th trip to WDW second time staying at a Deluxe resort. We stayed at AKL last year and did a Savanna room which the family thought was pretty cool, but probably not worth the increase in price

The Murphy beds in the 1/2BR living rooms will replace the existing sofa beds, so it won’t change the sleeping capacity.

It’s doubtful that they’d be able to add the single Murphy on the wall with the TV, unless they made significant structural changes. But who knows!
Thanks for your reply Carolyn! I assumed they were adding the Murphy Bed that exists in the studios. Glad to hear they are instead replacing the sofa beds with sofa\Murphy Beds like they have done in other recent DVC rehabs. :)

Any recent experiences catching the first bus to MK? About what time did it arrive? TIA
Yesterday we had a 7:45 dining reservation at Ohana. We’d been told the bus would start running at 7 since MK opened at 8:30. At 7 am, the sign updated to say the next bus would be at 7:20. We ordered a Minnie van instead because we couldn’t wait and were on time. The first bus didn’t actually arrive until 7:28 according to my app. Our Minnie van driver said there’s a new security change and no resort buses can arrive at MK before 7:30. The road isn’t open before then.

Yesterday we had a 7:45 dining reservation at Ohana. We’d been told the bus would start running at 7 since MK opened at 8:30. At 7 am, the sign updated to say the next bus would be at 7:20. We ordered a Minnie van instead because we couldn’t wait and were on time. The first bus didn’t actually arrive until 7:28 according to my app. Our Minnie van driver said there’s a new security change and no resort buses can arrive at MK before 7:30. The road isn’t open before then.
They do this off and on, especially during really busy times🙁

How was your Ohana reservation? Did you enjoy it? It seemed tough to get to from BWI but I didn't really consider taking a Minnie Van.

How was your Ohana reservation? Did you enjoy it? It seemed tough to get to from BWI but I didn't really consider taking a Minnie Van.
Food and characters were great! Our food was hot and tasty. The characters were very sweet but a bit rushed. We saw everyone once with time for photos and autographs but not too much more than that. Stitch interacted with us the most, maybe because I dressed as Lilo. We both liked it enough to do again.

For transportation, we’d planned to bus to MK and monorail to Poly, but the buses weren’t going. The Minnie van was $40. Arrived within 4 minutes of request and dropped us at the doors at poly 15 minutes later. Highly recommend. Driver was courteous and entertaining.

Thank you for this information!

We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn in February. Does anyone know if all Water View rooms have a balcony? Also, I remember sending a fax to POR before our stay (awhile ago) with our room requests, does Boardwalk Inn have a similar contact? Or do I just call the main Disney number & get requests added to our reservation?

We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn in February. Does anyone know if all Water View rooms have a balcony?
I can't think of any room that doesn't have a balcony or patio.

Also, I remember sending a fax to POR before our stay (awhile ago) with our room requests, does Boardwalk Inn have a similar contact?
No, none of the WDW resorts have a fax any longer.
Or do I just call the main Disney number & get requests added to our reservation?
That is the best option.

Hi all. Been years since we stayed at Boardwalk. I remember there being a Speedway gas station near by. Since I can no longer order alcohol with Garden Grocer to be delivered without meeting them, can anyone tell me if the Speedway sells alcohol? And how far is the walk?

Hi all. Been years since we stayed at Boardwalk. I remember there being a Speedway gas station near by. Since I can no longer order alcohol with Garden Grocer to be delivered without meeting them, can anyone tell me if the Speedway sells alcohol? And how far is the walk?
I think it’s only beer and wine. It’s across the parking lot and across a small side street. It’s closer than walking to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter