Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Wondering if anyone has a better timeline of when the villas ares supposed to be finished the refurb, or if not, a guess from the timeframe of the refurb at the Inn? Have an upcoming November villa stay (1 bedroom pool/garden view) and wondering if there is any chance I would not get a refurbed room? Also, am very familiar with the Inn side, but not the villa side, and not sure what request I would want if I want to be close to lobby/boardwalk as I believe I've read the halls at the BWI villa side are very long? Truth? Thanks for any help. Looking forward to finally staying on the villa side!

Wondering if anyone has a better timeline of when the villas ares supposed to be finished the refurb, or if not, a guess from the timeframe of the refurb at the Inn? Have an upcoming November villa stay (1 bedroom pool/garden view) and wondering if there is any chance I would not get a refurbed room? Also, am very familiar with the Inn side, but not the villa side, and not sure what request I would want if I want to be close to lobby/boardwalk as I believe I've read the halls at the BWI villa side are very long? Truth? Thanks for any help. Looking forward to finally staying on the villa side!
I don't think we know anything for sure about the standard/garden wing yet. Disney has said it will be completed by spring so I would assume May at the latest, but I don't think we will know how on schedule they are until they start opening rooms in that wing and so far it is completely blocked off. There are already some pool garden rooms on the Boardwalk wing that are refurbished and November is pretty far away so I would say you are definitely getting a refurbished room. Yes some hallways are pretty long. You should request close to elevators as the only bank of elevators on the villa side is right off the lobby.

More Construction Appears at Disney’s BoardWalk

Our team spotted a series of planters on Disney’s BoardWalk near Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas. The planters appear to be hiding some general maintenance or repair work to the boards.

This temporary change is likely to be short-lived, unlike the BoardWalk’s other current projects. Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas is still open and operational, so be sure to stop by for one of their delicious adult beverages.

Boardwalk Construction

BoardWalk Construction
Or one of their non-alcoholic frozen drinks. They are quite tasty too!!! :)

I don't think we know anything for sure about the standard/garden wing yet. Disney has said it will be completed by spring so I would assume May at the latest, but I don't think we will know how on schedule they are until they start opening rooms in that wing and so far it is completely blocked off. There are already some pool garden rooms on the Boardwalk wing that are refurbished and November is pretty far away so I would say you are definitely getting a refurbished room. Yes some hallways are pretty long. You should request close to elevators as the only bank of elevators on the villa side is right off the lobby.
We have a split stay in early June- two nights at BWV and then over to BLT. 1 BR pool/garden view at BWV. Do you think all of those rooms are refurbished or should I waitlist at BLT for those 2 nights? TIA!!

We have a split stay in early June- two nights at BWV and then over to BLT. 1 BR pool/garden view at BWV. Do you think all of those rooms are refurbished or should I waitlist at BLT for those 2 nights? TIA!!
My BWV Garden View Studio reservation is about 40 days away...and they haven't called me to attempt to boot me elsewhere...I figure they would have called me already if there was an issue?
Not sure about the 1BR- there are less of those I assume...but you are 3 months out so I assume if there was an issue it would be soon...
I checked DVC availability for June and there is PLENTY at BWV the first 2 weeks for 1 BR so right now it might be safe for now? I assume it's first come first serve when it comes to "bootability"?

You should be good at BWV in June. There are already some pool/garden rooms open so I think it’s unlikely that you will be affected by then.

My BWV Garden View Studio reservation is about 40 days away...and they haven't called me to attempt to boot me elsewhere...I figure they would have called me already if there was an issue?
Not sure about the 1BR- there are less of those I assume...but you are 3 months out so I assume if there was an issue it would be soon...
I checked DVC availability for June and there is PLENTY at BWV the first 2 weeks for 1 BR so right now it might be safe for now? I assume it's first come first serve when it comes to "bootability"?
Thank you!!! Makes sense (and makes me feel better...)

We are in a BW VIEW studio at Boardwalk DVC villas and the new thermostat appears to go no lower than 68. I keep my home at 67 and this feels warm to me. Has anyone figured out a hack to be able to lower the thermostat temperature yet??

We are in a BW VIEW studio at Boardwalk DVC villas and the new thermostat appears to go no lower than 68. I keep my home at 67 and this feels warm to me. Has anyone figured out a hack to be able to lower the thermostat temperature yet??
Disney resorts have a couple different models/types of thermostats. Which one you have will determine the button push combo you'll need to use to override the 68 setting.

This still looks so weird where it is. I've been to one of the Cake Bake Shops in Indianapolis. The aura they have in there just doesn't feel like BWI to me. It feels way more posh.
We might be able to go to one in Indianapolis during parent college orientation in late August before the one opens at WDW.

Thinking about a Deluxe Studio BW booking for first week in December, and from what I have read in the above posts, it seems that the reburb is coming right along. Because I use a scooter, I would really like the top floor for elevator loading challenges of boarding.

I've stayed on the Inn side a few times, and the elevator situation for scooters is a real hassle of having to take two to get to the upper floors, so thinking this would be a better choice.

Would love to hear more about the refurb progress, and any other tips for a solo traveler.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter