Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Disney’s BoardWalk Villas Refurbishment Update – April 2024

IMG_4121.jpg

As we near the end of spring 2024, the refurbishment of the BoardWalk Villas is still underway, primarily with Standard View and Garden/Pool View rooms. With reports that guests are being bumped from their BoardWalk rooms, we took a look around the resort for a construction update.

Boardwalk View Rooms

IMG_4122.jpg
Crest O’ the Wave Section of the BoardWalk Villas

For a while, it seemed that the Boardwalk View rooms had been completed and were available to guests. However, if you walk along the boardwalk, it’s clear that a large group of rooms in the Crest O’ the Wave section is not open to guests. The entire facade is covered in scaffolding as construction crews work on the exterior. It appears that this section will get wooden panels similar to the exteriors of the adjacent sections. Whatever the case may be, this change in inventory helps explain why some guests with Boardwalk View rooms have been moved in recent weeks. Some have been moved to the Inn side of the BoardWalk while others have been offered rooms in other resorts.

This refurbishment also means that the BoardWalk open house is not available at the moment.

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

IMG_4120.jpg
Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs looks closer to completion with its signage and lighting looking complete. A glimpse of the windows shows that the menu will include their Mexican Street Corn Dog, lemonade, and cotton candy.

It seems odd that they already refurbished these rooms, and had outdoor scaffolding along the boardwalk already, and now they are doing this? I'm wondering if something had gone wrong here during the refurb, or afterwards.

It seems odd that they already refurbished these rooms, and had outdoor scaffolding along the boardwalk already, and now they are doing this? I'm wondering if something had gone wrong here during the refurb, or afterwards.
They're currently replacing the exterior siding in that area, didn't appear to be doing interior work. I'm not sure if they did that earlier but maybe there was a supply issue, so they had it finish this part up later?

We just got back from 9 nights at Boardwalk. We had one issue with our room flooding, it was ground flood and water was seeping up through the wood floor in the bed area, so we had to switch rooms at midnight, but they gave us a $225 room credit for the issue.

Only complaint is the pool food area had nothing gluten free for myself or my child (not super surpristing) so we always had to go out to the Boardwalk when at the pool to get food. Otherwise, we had a great trip with low to medium crowds at the parks and amazing weather.

Will probably try once just to see what all the waiting was for and then hope it takes away from the Boardwalk Joe's line.. wonder what kind of adult beverages this stand will have...lemonade + vodka?

Returned from my split stay last Sunday...first half at Boardwalk, 2nd half at Poly. I asked the family what resort they preferred.... the wife said Boardwalk (Poly to visit but not to stay), the kids both said Boardwalk (mostly the pool and the ability to walk to Epcot and Studios), and grandma said without a doubt the Poly...she said it reminded her of her of Panama (she was born there).
I am on the fence. We had a Boardwalk View (pixie dust as I had Garden/Pool reserved) and the walk to and from the room was pretty long...but we had Moorea at Poly so also long (but didn't seem like it given the ambiance).
Proximity to parks is evened out by the Monorail (Magic and Epcot lines). You can crawl from Moorea to the TTC (and literally crawl back from the TTC to Moorea after Epcot).
What might be the tiebreaker is the resort food at the Poly. Boardwalk has nothing like Captain Cooks close by (I know the Ale and Compass and Beach Club Marketplace is close but not at the resort and takes some walking). One of my favorite memories was winding up my trip with the Mrs. at Trader Sams the night before we flew away...amazing.
Boardwalk Joe's however.... and I love Bellevue Lounge.
So based on the family (grandma said one and done) I think we will go back to Boardwalk next trip...and visit the Poly often to get our kicks...it's also a little cheaper.

Last edited:
Returned from my split stay last Sunday...first half at Boardwalk, 2nd half at Poly. I asked the family what resort they preferred.... the wife said Boardwalk (Poly to visit but not to stay), the kids both said Boardwalk (mostly the pool and the ability to walk to Epcot and Studios), and grandma said without a doubt the Poly...she said it reminded her of her of Panama (she was born there).
I am on the fence. We had a Boardwalk View (pixie dust as I had Garden/Pool reserved) and the walk to and from the room was pretty long...but we had Moorea at Poly so also long (but didn't seem like it given the ambiance).
Proximity to parks is evened out by the Monorail (Magic and Epcot lines). You can crawl from Moorea to the TTC (and literally crawl back from the TTC to Moorea after Epcot).
What might be the tiebreaker is the resort food at the Poly. Boardwalk has nothing like Captain Cooks close by (I know the Ale and Compass and Beach Club Marketplace is close but not at the resort and takes some walking). One of my favorite memories was winding up my trip with the Mrs. at Trader Sams the night before we flew away...amazing.
Boardwalk Joe's however.... and I love Bellevue Lounge.
So based on the family (grandma said one and done) I think we will go back to Boardwalk next trip...and visit the Poly often to get our kicks...it's also a little cheaper.
Now that you’re home, you can watch Devils Playoff hockey… oh wait!!! 😜🤣

Now that you’re home, you can watch Devils Playoff hockey… oh wait!!! 😜🤣
haha....thought I would go unscathed... silly me. :rotfl2:. Almost posted on last year's playoff thread but decided to try and let sleeping Devils lye.... some of those posts were pretty hysterical though.

haha....thought I would go unscathed... silly me. :rotfl2:. Almost posted on last year's playoff thread but decided to try and let sleeping Devils lye.... some of those posts were pretty hysterical though.
1714508181510.gif
lol sorry I had to! Yes, good times. Sort of. lol Too bad we couldn’t make a new one. Can’t really do that, though, when the Devils were 0-4 vs. the Rangers AND didn’t make the playoffs. Maybe next year!!! lol

Ouch! yep very disappointing. Shows you how important coaching (and goaltending) is. Best of luck (not really)! :)
View attachment 855940
lol sorry I had to! Yes, good times. Sort of. lol Too bad we couldn’t make a new one. Can’t really do that, though, when the Devils were 0-4 vs. the Rangers AND didn’t make the playoffs. Maybe next year!!! lolP

One comment on both resorts...and probably for resorts across property and the rest of the world... I really wish they would put a minimum age on the spa/hot tub.... ..even though it would be hard to enforce...I would have loved to dip my aching body into one of them with a beverage after a long park day but there were usually multiple kids floating around in there...I felt like being the grumpy old man and saying "the water slide is that way, kid!".
Yep I am turning into my dad.

One comment on both resorts...and probably for resorts across property and the rest of the world... I really wish they would put a minimum age on the spa/hot tub.... ..even though it would be hard to enforce...I would have loved to dip my aching body into one of them with a beverage after a long park day but there were usually multiple kids floating around in there...I felt like being the grumpy old man and saying "the water slide is that way, kid!".
Yep I am turning into my dad.
I don't understand the fascination with kids and hot tubs. My son always liked them, but he's skinny and gets cold easily. I wouldn't let him get in if it was crowded or had adults in it, since I hate having to "discourage" kids away from the hot tub when I want to get in :rotfl2:

I don't understand the fascination with kids and hot tubs. My son always liked them, but he's skinny and gets cold easily. I wouldn't let him get in if it was crowded or had adults in it, since I hate having to "discourage" kids away from the hot tub when I want to get in :rotfl2:
It's the bubbles...and it reminds them of a bath....and I don't necessarily blame them for that....but I can only imagine the amount of pee that ends up in that small space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter