• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh... What room requests should I put? I know I want to request Jamaica... are all rooms close to transportation? I was going to request ground floor as my second request, but wondering if close to transportation would be better?

Hi! We stayed at CBR earlier this year for our first Disney Trip, and didn't have the best experience but still had a great time! My husband had a scooter because he can't walk all day, but we didn't want to use it for resort days only park days and needed to be close to the bus stop, and my 4 year old did not want a stroller, so we requested ground floor close to transportation but we had a very long walk every day as they were refurbishing a lot of rooms and we didn't get close to transportation at all. So our first few days were not so fun. Also being our first time it is hard to prepare yourself for the amount of walking you have to do, even after reading about it! We also were in the last building to be dropped off/picked up most days which made our nights even longer! We were planning on staying at POP to try a smaller resort, but now need the extra room and the hope for a 5th bed for a "day guest" our 2nd and third days. Last time we were able to move half way through our trip and that made things so much better. There were no preferred rooms available since we switched over, so I am thinking of requesting Martinique Close to Transportation so we would avoid some of these issues. I know it is just a request, but want to make sure I do it right. Also, when do I request the 5th bed- when I do the fax the week of? Thanks!

I just ordered Amazon Prime today, oct 30 and the online form said it should arrive between Nov 2-Nov 5 so I would allow up to 5 days. Of course I don't arrive until Nov 10 so it'll be sitting there for a little bit! I filled out the shipping form with my name and arrival date (first line), along with the CBR address so they know who to hold it for. I hope it works because the prices were much cheaper than garden grocer after comparison and I only need to buy milk and bread when I arrive.

Thank you so much for the information! I hope you have a fantastic stay!

Wow, lots of Disers heading to CBR next week!

At this time (12:00 PM local) on Saturday, we'll be putting our bags into the car for the 2 hour drive to the airport. We are staying overnight at the terminal's Marriott and will fly out at 6:30 AM Sunday morning, connecting at IAH and will be landing at MCO about 5 PM.

Warning: Sloooooow week at work ahead!

Hi! We stayed at CBR earlier this year for our first Disney Trip, and didn't have the best experience but still had a great time! My husband had a scooter because he can't walk all day, but we didn't want to use it for resort days only park days and needed to be close to the bus stop, and my 4 year old did not want a stroller, so we requested ground floor close to transportation but we had a very long walk every day as they were refurbishing a lot of rooms and we didn't get close to transportation at all. So our first few days were not so fun. Also being our first time it is hard to prepare yourself for the amount of walking you have to do, even after reading about it! We also were in the last building to be dropped off/picked up most days which made our nights even longer! We were planning on staying at POP to try a smaller resort, but now need the extra room and the hope for a 5th bed for a "day guest" our 2nd and third days. Last time we were able to move half way through our trip and that made things so much better. There were no preferred rooms available since we switched over, so I am thinking of requesting Martinique Close to Transportation so we would avoid some of these issues. I know it is just a request, but want to make sure I do it right. Also, when do I request the 5th bed- when I do the fax the week of? Thanks!
I don't think it'll be as easy as requesting a 5th 'bed' (which really is a third bed). If you're having five people, you'll have to book it that way and you'll then get a room fit for 5. At least this was what we were told (I know CMs aren't always right) when we were initially having a 5th guest for a few days of our trip (that turned into having a 5th guest the entire trip, then going back to just the four of us).

Wow, lots of Disers heading to CBR next week!

At this time (12:00 PM local) on Saturday, we'll be putting our bags into the car for the 2 hour drive to the airport. We are staying overnight at the terminal's Marriott and will fly out at 6:30 AM Sunday morning, connecting at IAH and will be landing at MCO about 5 PM.

Warning: Sloooooow week at work ahead!
Yup, we'll be there starting next Friday. My husband is dying at work and I'm trying get more things together at home, which is just as boring.

I don't think it'll be as easy as requesting a 5th 'bed' (which really is a third bed). If you're having five people, you'll have to book it that way and you'll then get a room fit for 5. At least this was what we were told (I know CMs aren't always right) when we were initially having a 5th guest for a few days of our trip (that turned into having a 5th guest the entire trip, then going back to just the four of us).
Actually it is my stepson coming from college for only 1 or 2 nights, and this is how it worked a few months ago and how we were told it still worked. We don't want him on our 6 day package because he is only coming 1 or 2 nights and already has tickets. We were told that we must wait until we get there and then tell them that we are having a day guest overnight, and they will do what they can to accommodate us. It is a $99 or $100 charge per day to do this. We had no problems doing this in March, and he actually wasn't able to make it out of New York as all flights were cancelled when he was coming and it was our last day, so we actually just called and told them and they did not charge us the fee. I know we are not guaranteed a 5th bed so we will see. But I did also put it on my "fax" last time and they did get us the room with the 5th bed.

Actually it is my stepson coming from college for only 1 or 2 nights, and this is how it worked a few months ago and how we were told it still worked. We don't want him on our 6 day package because he is only coming 1 or 2 nights and already has tickets. We were told that we must wait until we get there and then tell them that we are having a day guest overnight, and they will do what they can to accommodate us. It is a $99 or $100 charge per day to do this. We had no problems doing this in March, and he actually wasn't able to make it out of New York as all flights were cancelled when he was coming and it was our last day, so we actually just called and told them and they did not charge us the fee. I know we are not guaranteed a 5th bed so we will see. But I did also put it on my "fax" last time and they did get us the room with the 5th bed.
Good! Just didn't want you to think it was a guarantee :) (as most people on the boards think just requesting something means you'll definitely get it and then complain when they don't). When we originally booked CB, without free dining, there were no rooms for 5 available. Then, we rebooked with FD and there was one available. Hope it works out for you and he has a bed!

I know Touring Plans sends out the fax 5 days before, seems to be the number most people use when sending faxes.

Last edited:

Are you talking about a room with a Murhpy bed or requesting a cot of some sort? If you're talking about the rooms that are equipped with the fold down Murphy bed, be aware that the bed is really designed for a child. A full sized adult may have trouble fitting on one...

Argh... What room requests should I put? I know I want to request Jamaica...

We love Jamaica with Jamaica 45 being our favorite. Good choice!

are all rooms close to transportation?

Yes. Every Village has its own bus stop and quiet pool so you are never far from either.

I was going to request ground floor as my second request, but wondering if close to transportation would be better?

I would request ground floor if that's what you would like.

I've never stayed at CBR but I'm excited to do so in February. We are a family of 6, the youngest 2 are 2 year old twins.

Where should we request to stay so we are close to OPR? We have reserved a standard view room.

One more (for now) question about the buses. We have not been to Disney since 2010 and I don't remember. What are the chances we can fit our double stroller (obviously folded down) on the buses?

Thank you so much for any advice!

I've never stayed at CBR but I'm excited to do so in February. We are a family of 6, the youngest 2 are 2 year old twins.

Where should we request to stay so we are close to OPR? We have reserved a standard view room.

One more (for now) question about the buses. We have not been to Disney since 2010 and I don't remember. What are the chances we can fit our double stroller (obviously folded down) on the buses?

Thank you so much for any advice!
You'll for sure be able to fit it on the buses! And, chances are you won't be the only one with a double stroller on there :) Have fun. I loved taking my son when he was two. We're staying at CBR for our first time next week!

You can only give two requests, right? So if I want top floor, near to a bus stop, and close to OPR....I can really only ask for the first two? Just making sure! TIA!

You can only give two requests, right? So if I want top floor, near to a bus stop, and close to OPR....I can really only ask for the first two? Just making sure! TIA!

You can request more than 2 but the more requests you have lessens your chances. There is zero need to request close to transportation as every village has its own bus stop.

You can request more than 2 but the more requests you have lessens your chances. There is zero need to request close to transportation as every village has its own bus stop.
I know everything is pretty close, but my parents are in their 70s and they were hoping to get something close to the bus stops so they wouldn't have to walk far to their room at night. They do well in the parks but by the end of the day they are beat. For them, Barbados 16, Aruba 51 and Jamaica 41 would be a little far. They've also never stayed at CB before so I had been hoping they would enjoy the walk over the bridge to OPR in the mornings to get their coffee only it will be closed....I know we can take the shuttle, but they really loved the walk from the mansion rooms to the Mill area at POR so I was hoping to get them a similar walk at CB. They love POR and only agreed to stay here because POR was not available with free dining. To be honest, I was trying to get them to love CB as much as POR. But I keep getting thwarted. lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter