Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever reason I never made the roll call but I will be there Sunday. YAY! the only nasty day that I see next week is Monday with 80% chance of thunderstorms.

Does anyone know what the outdoor movie schedule is? Wondering how to know what will be playing for our dates? Is there a way to access the activity guide also?

We are planning our 3rd stay at CBR Oct 31-Nov 8. I'm Excited about the refurb and queen beds sound heavenly! Has anyone ever been there on Halloween? Does the resort have anything special for trick-or-treat?

• More info on updated laundry facility at CBR
  • Guest Laundry Facilities will be upgraded to new self-reporting high-efficiency machines. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and debit cards will all be accepted at pay station kiosk machines located inside each Guest laundry facility. Guests will also have the option to pay with coins but only at a limited number of machines at select locations. The following resorts will be upgraded in March 2015:
    • Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside, Magnolia Bend 80-85 (3/2-3/6)
    • Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort (3/3-3/5)
    • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (3/4)
    • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Trinidad North & Aruba (3/5-3/12)
    The implementation schedule of the remaining resorts will be announced at a later date.
    new1.gif

Hi. What do you mean? I have my DD coffee packed and thiught I can make coffee in morning. Is this not correct? OMG

The coffee makers in the room are for pre-packaged coffee. Like a teabag. There isn't much room in there. When you check in, the coffee comes packed in round bags, one per cup of coffee made. They are tiny little makers now! I bought the Mickey Mouse Coffee Press in the gift shop when I was there to make my own. They have hot water in the quick service/food court area.

This is exactly what is in the rooms:
http://www.joffreys.com/DisneyParksandResorts/French-Bistro-Blend-Pods.aspx

If you do not want to drink Joffrey's brand, some other brands have single bag coffee available. I found a few on Amazon.
Like Folgers and Maxwell House. I haven't yet found any DD or Starbucks like this though.

How likely is it to get the area/building that you request? It looks like Jamaica 45 is a great spot. I like the idea of the what sounds like a beautiful (and fairly short) walk over to OPR for a light breakfast each morning!

We just got back from staying in Jamaica 45. It was a very nice location. The walk to OPR was about 5 to 7 mins depending on how fast you walk. The only downside was the up and down walking path. My mom struggled with the up and down hill walking especially at the end of the day.

I"m sure this has been asked a million times, but here it goes anyways....

If you're booking a standard room, what's a good building to request? We'll have a car, so being near bus stops isn't that important. Looking for a pretty area, semi close to pool/playground/food.

Jamaica was a great location.

I've been a long time lurker, but I've decided to come out of hiding to ask a quick question. We'll be arriving in August late on a Thursday night. Our flight lands in Orlando at 10:45. How late is bell services available to take us and our luggage to our room?? We won't be able to use ME luggage delivery, so we'll be hauling it along with us, and I'm hoping we won't have to walk to our rooms toting all our luggage along! Thanks!

We had an 11:30 flight into Orlando. Bell Services took us and our luggage to our room around 2:00 am. They picked us up for our ME trip home at 3:15 am. I'm pretty sure they are 24/7.

Thanks! I'm glad there's mini blinds to let some natural light in! I want to experience the "sunny" in "sunny Florida"!

Our room didn't have mini blinds. It had a green sheer curtain and then thicker "blackout" curtains.

I Think we will be bringing our own too, we home roast beans. I prefer the pour over method of brewing though.

Did you all bring an electric kettle or run the water through the pod machine?

ALSO as an aside we will be bringing our own alcohol too-to add to our refillable mugs while the kiddos play in the pool. I love me some vanilla rum and root beer.

We actually brought the highly scary immersion water boiler thingee out of the camping supplies along with a ceramic mug that holds the exact amount of water needed for the cup of coffee. Just fill the cup up, plop it in and plug it in. The water boiled in under a minute.

Hello everyone. This is my first post! We are staying at CBR this April during a very busy time of year. When we were there years ago and staying at Trinidad (can't remember North or South), in the morning the buses to the parks would be filled prior to getting to our stop and would drive right past without stopping. People were so upset we thought there was going to be a riot. Does anyone know if this is a continuing problem?

I am considering buying a cheap coffee pot on the way into the resort. I can't live without my coffee in the morning!!!!!! :crazy2:

Jamaica was a great location.
Love Aruba! That is the building we requested in December since it was already renovated and we love the location! Just a short walk over the bridge to old port royale and right by the beach! I hear those hammocks calling my name:beach:

What is resort policy on the coffee makers? I know hot plates are a no-no and I think in room toasters are as well, but if have a little tiny four cup coffee maker which I'd prefer to the afore mentioned "tea bag" coffee maker, just don't wanna break any rules/safety guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter