Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelling 2 CBR rooms booked with free dining. They are water view and dates are Nov9-18.

I hate to let these go as I was overjoyed that our TA was able to get them.

Just after finding out we were booked with promo we also found out that we are expecting our 9th child. Thrilled but I will be VERY pregnant on the trip so much so that husband thinks it's too much of a risk. I will be 35 weeks along on trip and we were supposed to fly. I have gone 2-3 weeks early the last 5 children in a row.

Commando style with 7 of our other children around the park with 2 weeks to deliver? Wise? Not so much lol

Anyhow, would like travel agent to still receive her commission. Not sure this is even possible but thought she may be able to cancel my ressie and book someone else's immediately. If this interests you pm me and we can pass on your info to her. Will post this on free dining board as well.

Blessings to you all on your vacations. Sad I won't get my first chance to stay with kids on property for free dining but excited God has chosen to give us another blessing!

I hope they go back into "the pot" because there is a lady here looking for these exact dates!

Congratulations!

Has anyone stayed in a pirate room and actually enjoyed it? I booked a pirate room with fd thinking my kids would enjoy it, but now I have read so much negative stuff about them :(
Have stayed in one for that exact reason because my son wanted to. It's farther away from all the activity is the only negative, but he still talks about it and it was totally worth it. The only other negative I would think would be having a refurbished room instead.

Last edited:
Can anyone snap me pictures looking at the floor in a few spots? I'm trying to see where I might be able to fit a pack-n-play. We have booked a room with beds for 5 of us plus the crib for our baby, so it's going to be a tight fit! Most pics are looking straight ahead to show off the room, but I need to see the floor space beside the beds (by bathroom wall and by the window) as well as around the dressers and in the sink area. I would really love to have things planned out before I arrive. Trying to get our baby to nap/sleep in a busy room is going to take an amazing strategy!
I saw in a follow up post that you are going in the fall? I was wondering about this same thing, but I couldn't find pics anywhere. We are there in a couple of weeks, and I plan on taking pics to share here. For pics, I'll do both spots (next to the bed/wall and the bathroom), but we plan on having it in the sink area. Our baby is very...touchy when it comes to sleep, so we will need the sliding door for sure!

Roll Call here---

We are booked to stay at CBR from 9-27 to 10-2; our plans were to go to Disney World to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary and our son's 4th birthday.

Unfortunately, we had hope for at least a room only discount, top dream was to score free dining- didn't get either. So as of right now, we are still staying at CBR-- it may change if no other discounts or offers pop up before we have to pay for the trip and we may wind up moving off property because we are so disenfranchised with how Disney rolled out these discounts (or lack thereof)

Also, WHAT is going on that week in September that would have ALL moderates full and unavailable? Is there a convention? I can't imagine THAT many people taking their kids out of school, etc. because of free dining or the food & wine festival. Maybe I"m just naive.

I booked with free dining for 8/28-9/4. I originally had a preferred room but the next morning a standard room opened up. The price difference was around $500, not sure what the difference is but I hope I'm not too disappointed. I've never stayed at CBR before, we've always stayed at POR and just recently BC (which is my favorite).
I looked at all the pictures on the first page and CBR looks so bright and fun, I can't wait to see it in person.

Cancelling 2 CBR rooms booked with free dining. They are water view and dates are Nov9-18.

I hate to let these go as I was overjoyed that our TA was able to get them.

Just after finding out we were booked with promo we also found out that we are expecting our 9th child. Thrilled but I will be VERY pregnant on the trip so much so that husband thinks it's too much of a risk. I will be 35 weeks along on trip and we were supposed to fly. I have gone 2-3 weeks early the last 5 children in a row.

Commando style with 7 of our other children around the park with 2 weeks to deliver? Wise? Not so much lol

Anyhow, would like travel agent to still receive her commission. Not sure this is even possible but thought she may be able to cancel my ressie and book someone else's immediately. If this interests you pm me and we can pass on your info to her. Will post this on free dining board as well.

Blessings to you all on your vacations. Sad I won't get my first chance to stay with kids on property for free dining but excited God has chosen to give us another blessing!
Congrats on the new addition on the way!!!

We will be at CBR in 5 days. It will be our first stay there and we are so excited!! I have a question about Shutter's. We have a ressie there for dinner after a day at Typhoon Lagoon and DtD. Any opinions on it? How is the service and the food? Just looking for a nice relaxing meal. We don't need fancy or amazing. Is it a good choice or should we just get something at DtD? Thanks!
Excellent food. Here is the dinner menu.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/caribbean-beach-resort/shutters-at-old-port-royale/menus/

I booked with free dining for 8/28-9/4. I originally had a preferred room but the next morning a standard room opened up. The price difference was around $500, not sure what the difference is but I hope I'm not too disappointed. I've never stayed at CBR before, we've always stayed at POR and just recently BC (which is my favorite).
I looked at all the pictures on the first page and CBR looks so bright and fun, I can't wait to see it in person.
We had a preferred room and got a King, non-preferred location for $400 less and free dining. BINGO.

Roll Call here---

We are booked to stay at CBR from 9-27 to 10-2; our plans were to go to Disney World to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary and our son's 4th birthday.

Unfortunately, we had hope for at least a room only discount, top dream was to score free dining- didn't get either. So as of right now, we are still staying at CBR-- it may change if no other discounts or offers pop up before we have to pay for the trip and we may wind up moving off property because we are so disenfranchised with how Disney rolled out these discounts (or lack thereof)

Also, WHAT is going on that week in September that would have ALL moderates full and unavailable? Is there a convention? I can't imagine THAT many people taking their kids out of school, etc. because of free dining or the food & wine festival. Maybe I"m just naive.
DH and I are going for my birthday and F&W. I have never gotten to go this time of year but, my sweet neighbor said she would watch my son for a week! I think it's a lot of F&W traffic and also people just like free food if they can get it. It saves a ton of money. Also, happy anniversary!!

I am also a long time lurker. We were able to get FD from Sept. 14-25. I am so excited!! Last trip we stayed at POR and my husband and kids loved it, but I thought it was just ok. I think CBR looks beautiful. and I can't wait to lay in a hammock on the beach. I have sold my kids on playing in the sand on the beach.

We are booked in a pool/water view room. Which buildings would this include and which would be the closest to OPR?

Please add me to the Roll call.

Hello! I jumped on the free dining promo too and we are now booked with 3 rooms at CBR for our first time! We typically stay at POR, so this is a tad different for us. We will be there 12/19-1/2, staying in preferred rooms.

I was wondering what buildings would be best to request? We do want a lower level due to mobility issues with two of our guests, I prefer to have a water view and would like to be close to the main building.

We have never even stopped at this resort, so don't have much of an idea of what to expect. The pictures look lovely and I'm very excited to spend Christmas and New Years at Disney World again!

Has anyone stayed in a pirate room and actually enjoyed it? I booked a pirate room with fd thinking my kids would enjoy it, but now I have read so much negative stuff about them :(
We were upgraded to a pirate room on our first trip and I was hesitate as I had seen some negative review regarding their location plus we have a little girl who is more into princesses instead of pirates. But she loved it and we all thought the theming was great. We had a great location close to the bus stop and we enjoyed the walk to OPR. Of course if you are use to staying preferred then the distance may be a bit much. Others have complained about the comfort of the beds but we didn't have any problems at all, but then we basically stayed at the parks all day so we could have slept on a rock and been fine! Hope you enjoy and I am sure your kids will love it!

Roll Call here---

I will also be there those days (9/25 - 10/4) and upgraded to CBR with the late summer room discount. I was able to snag a King Room for only $200 more than what I was going to pay before the discount at an All Star Resort!!! pixiedust:

I am really surprised you are not able to get that discount applied to your room. It might be worth double checking! :yay:

Maybe we'll pass each other! I check in the 4th!

Roll Call here---

We are also going that week (9/26-10/2) and have had it booked for a couple months and were unable to get free dining or room only discount. Our school district will be having a Fall Break for the first time during that week, so I'm sure a LOT of people in our county are going that week! Not sure it's enough to fill up all the FD/discount rooms at the mods, though... I'm hoping for more rooms released or a code in the mail!

Preferred just means its closer to the main building. The rooms are exactly the same. As long as you dont mind a short walk to the main building or main pool I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

We spend so little time in the room anyway so it seemed like a no brainer to save that m
Preferred just means its closer to the main building. The rooms are exactly the same. As long as you dont mind a short walk to the main building or main pool I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

Thanks for the info. I don't mind walking, it will give me a chance to explore the resort grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter