Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the email from Disney Destinations, I had previously requested Jamaica during online check in and tbh I'm not too fussed if we have to walk around the lake to OPR, but has anyone been in the last couple of weeks? Whats the internal transport like? Regular enough?

Ok... I need to vent!
Why am I so upset about this refurbishments???
I was all worked up 2 weeks ago when I learned of the bridge closing but came to terms with it and started feeling better that they are trying their best to accommodate guests by having the extra buses/boat taxis...
But tonight when I learned of the splash pad kid playground closing... Ugh!
I was on the phone for over an hour- 3 people later they finally confirmed that it is indeed closed and will be for 3 weeks... My entire stay.
What other resorts have kid pool type areas besides CBR???
I feel the very same way as you. This is our first visit to CBR and I was bummed to hear about the bridge, but got over it to only hear about the kids splash pad area. We have a 4 year old and that is the only reason we choose this hotel! We leave Saturday for our trip and I keep hoping that maybe the splash area will be fixed this week but after reading your post I see that is unlikely.:(

Had the email from Disney Destinations, I had previously requested Jamaica during online check in and tbh I'm not too fussed if we have to walk around the lake to OPR, but has anyone been in the last couple of weeks? Whats the internal transport like? Regular enough?

Just got home yesterday.. stayed in Jamaica. No complaints at all - But we did not use the main pool, just went over to eat and the fire one night.
Always a bus available when needed

18 Days to go!!! :hmghost:

Not caring about a bridge, I have a car. Not caring about a splash pad, don't even use my pool at my house.

Last year was hoping for a refurb room but it didn't happen. Now I'm excited for to finally experience a new look to my favorite resort!

We are checking in to CBR in a little over two weeks. We have a split stay with our last day at CSR. I'm guessing I don't need to worry about DME for our return trip to the airport? This is all scheduled through disney destinations and everything looks simple enough in my MDE....i'm just not sure at what point I should be worried about being picked up for the airport ;) We're only staying ONE night at CSR. Dh wasn't keen on a split stay but I assured him it'll be easy peasy.....I don't want to be proven wrong!

The only resorts I know for sure read faxed room requests are POR and POFQ. The best option is still to call the main reservations line and have any room requests added to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

We fax room requests to CBR every trip and have always had the village and floor we have asked for. Might be coincidence or luck but it can't hurt to try. Have sent our request off today, hopefully to the correct number. 2 days to go :stitch:

For those worried about the splash pad I heard it is back open now. Anyone know for sure? I hope it is not for us but for those of you whose little ones were looking forward to it.

I had hoped since it was a repair job, that maybe they'd try to get it done as quickly as possible. Trying to think positive thoughts and hope that it's open for business for those of us visiting in a couple of weeks!

We are checking in to CBR in a little over two weeks. We have a split stay with our last day at CSR. I'm guessing I don't need to worry about DME for our return trip to the airport? This is all scheduled through disney destinations and everything looks simple enough in my MDE....i'm just not sure at what point I should be worried about being picked up for the airport ;) We're only staying ONE night at CSR. Dh wasn't keen on a split stay but I assured him it'll be easy peasy.....I don't want to be proven wrong!

I would probably call and double check that they have you departing from a different resort than your arrival. You will get a notice about your pick up time (typically 3 hours prior), but with switching that last day, I would double check... And probably check again when you get to CSR... just to be safe!!

19 days until we are at CBR!!

We will be back for our third visit to CBR at the end of October! We love this resort and like it being spread out, it never feels very crowded. We have stayed in Barbados and Trinidad South. Trinidad South was too long of a walk to go to Old Port Royale everyday but Barbados was a nice walk . My kids liked looking for salamanders (I think thats what they are) along the paths, they are everywhere!:) We like the relaxed feel of the resort and found it really quiet. The food was also pretty good, the kids loved getting there food in a pail!
Thank you! I appreciate your reply! We wanted a quiet place to relax from the busyness of the parks. It sounds like this will work.

I feel the very same way as you. This is our first visit to CBR and I was bummed to hear about the bridge, but got over it to only hear about the kids splash pad area. We have a 4 year old and that is the only reason we choose this hotel! We leave Saturday for our trip and I keep hoping that maybe the splash area will be fixed this week but after reading your post I see that is unlikely.:(

Just out of curiosity... Do you have the waterpark option on your trip? If not... The guest relations person I spoke to offered me waterpark admissions to compensate for the closure..... Just want to let you know in case you would like to try that... I can give you the number.
It honestly didn't help me out as I have made plans and it wouldn't fit into our schedule but it might help you!

Just out of curiosity... Do you have the waterpark option on your trip? If not... The guest relations person I spoke to offered me waterpark admissions to compensate for the closure..... Just want to let you know in case you would like to try that... I can give you the number.
It honestly didn't help me out as I have made plans and it wouldn't fit into our schedule but it might help you!
I appreciate that but I don't think it will fit into our plans either. We were only going to use the splash pad area in the evenings when we were back at the room. We do have the park hopper feature added because we had to choose one for the free dining deal so I may look into changing that option if we feel like we need a water day!

I appreciate that but I don't think it will fit into our plans either. We were only going to use the splash pad area in the evenings when we were back at the room. We do have the park hopper feature added because we had to choose one for the free dining deal so I may look into changing that option if we feel like we need a water day!
Same exact thing with us... Was just planning on using it for an hour or two here or there... Not an all day long thing...but I can only imagine the issues it will bring when my 22 month old and 4 year old see that ship and I tell them they can't play on it????

The original customer service lady told me to call guest relations and if you are that upset about it disney usually finds a solution.... Someone on that caribbean beach Facebook page called and was upset with the refurbishments and the lack of communication and they moved her to CSR.

Has anyone said for certain if the splash pad is back open? I haven't seen complaints on any boards in the last day or so which tells me it might be open. Also I read that the bridge was closed due to failing ADA compliance which is why there was no notice, and honestly that makes perfect sense.

I
Has anyone said for certain if the splash pad is back open? I haven't seen complaints on any boards in the last day or so which tells me it might be open. Also I read that the bridge was closed due to failing ADA compliance which is why there was no notice, and honestly that makes perfect sense.

I haven't seen much on it it either... But, I spoke with a guest relations manager yesterday and she said it was still closed and is set to open back up around the 26th???
If anyone is currently there could you please let us know it's status? Thanks!!!!

Also I read that the bridge was closed due to failing ADA compliance which is why there was no notice, and honestly that makes perfect sense.

That bridge was there for years, if it failed compliance it wouldn't have been allowed to pass inspection when it was built.

I feel like it was a rather steep incline (I could be wrong its been a year since I've been on it) so maybe they wanted to lessen that for wheelchairs. But I think they could have had a viable replacement put in place before closing this time.

Put up a "dock with railings" to the island and replace the bridge, none of this extra shuttles and pontoon boat across the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter